Sequel: All Saints Day
Status: Completed

Boondock Saints

Chapter 6: A new begining

"I'm sorry if I woke you up. I had a nightmare." I whispered softly so I wouldn't wake Murphy up.

"That's alright. What did you dream about?" His voice was soft and comforting.

"Nothing good. Just my old life." I answered as I closed my eyes.

"Well don't worry, your brother, Murphy, and I won't let that happen again."

His voice was full of confidence. They were so confident that it almost seemed unreal. It was so strong that it was begining to rub on my brother. Even on me, and I only knew them for a few hours. It was weird, the influence he had on me.

"What do you really do?" I asked as I opened my eyes to look at his handsome face.

"We're vigilanties." Connor answered. "We kill evil men."

"You mean, like, mobsters or pimps?" I asked.

"Yeah, we were chosen by God to destroy all which is evil so all that is good may flourish." He explained.

It seemed a little crazy to me. Don't get me wrong, my family believed in God we just weren't so religious so much. It was how we were raised. We believed God loved all of us the same wether we went to church or not. That didn't mean go around doing bad things. All Ol'malleys were good people. We were honest, trustworthy, and very loyal. My eyes began to close as his voice soothed my nerves. His muscular arms brought me closer to his chest, our skin touched as my heart beat slowed down and I gave into sleep.

When I woke up the sun was just barely begining to rise and Conner was still asleep in my bed. His arms were draping over my waist. My arms were going numb because I was hugging his muscular body close to mine. I moved out from underneathe him swiftly and quietly walked out of the room. 9 out of 10 times I would get up and cook Yuri breakfast. That was the only thing that I didn't mind doing.
I began scrambling eggs and mixing in cinnamon and had a bit of milk. Bacon was in the oven, french toast was on a big skillte, and sausage links were on a smaller skillet. The scent leaked out of the kitchen and went dirctly into my brothers room. I found this out when he came into the kitchen, complimenting on the smell. My brother was always easily woken by the scent of a simple breakfast.

"God, that smells good." An irish accent made me turn to see Connor and Murphy putting on their shirts.

"Go sit down it's almost done." I smiled.

As soon as the bacon and sausage were done I put food on plates and began to give the boys their breakfast. I only had a piece of french toast and 1 sausage. Since I lived with Yuri I always ate a little and very healthy. As soon as I sat down all 3 of them looked at me as I had 8 heads.

"You need to eat more than that eitherwise you're going to be a skeleton." My brother commented.

"Aye, you're all skin and bone." Connor commented.

"No, I got some meat on me, you guys just don't see it." I began to slowly eat. "And another thing, I need to get a job so I can get an I.D and bring in some more food. And new clothes, and maybe even my own car or truck." I noted.

"Do you have an I.D?" Murphy asked.

"Yeah, at Yuri's but my last name on it is Fransesco." I answered.

My brother slammed his fork on his glass plate to make a clingy sound. "You are not a Fransesco. You are an Ol'malley." My brother was now frustrated.

"When Yuri took me I became a Fransesco. When ever he took me out to eat I had to wear a diamond ring and act like his wife. At six-fucking-teen years old." My voice may have been calm but it was a real hurtful subject for me. "On top of that everything I did for that asshole was so you guys could keep the place and live in peace. I find out last night that they killed our parents so it was all for nothing. 5 years of living in fear and 5 years of worry about me loosing my virginity to someone who pays a pretty penny to Yuri! All for nothing!" I pushed my unfinished plate to the side and lit me a cigarette.

"Not for nothing, Jessica." My brother leaned forward on the table. "You gave me the courage to never give up on you and that's why I escaped. Because I knew you were out there somewhere and somehow i was going to get you back." My brother explained.
I remained quiet and took another drag of my cigarette.

"Listen, I got some of your stuff, we can get your I.D tomorrow but today I want you to meet Rocco. Maybe Doc, at the bar can get you a job bartending. But don't worry about it right now because it's your first day starting over. You need to start fresh and relaxed and maybe get some weight on you before you become gone with the wind." My brother started to chuckle.

"Come on man, you know I've always been tiny my whole life." I ashed my cigarette.

"Well maybe it's time to expand your body before you turn and disappear." Connor joked.

"Aye, we might have to tie rocks to her feet so she don't go anywhere." Murphy laughed.

"No," I chuckled. "I may be skinny but I got some muscle on me." I explained.

"Hey Jessie, how about some coffee?" Patrick asked.

"Sure." I got up and made everyone some coffee. After that I changed into one of Marissa's outfits, it was hard to find a decent outfit, alot of them looked preppy. Fortunately for me I was able to find a pair of dark blue jeans that were a size double zero, a black bra, and a black long sleeved shirt that hung loosely around my shoulders. Connor and Murphy left the same time my brother and I. We agreed to meet at the bar at 7 pm. My brother took me shopping to get new clothes, a cell phone, a tooth brush, and a whole bunch of other things. As much money he was spending, something seemed weird. How did he get all his money? He didn't seem to be worried about work or money.

"We're going back to the house to drop your stuff off then we're going to meet Connor and Murphy at the bar." My brother noted as he started up his white little truck.

"Alright." I spoke softly.

"You hungry?" He asked as he turned and looked at me, only one hand on the wheel.

"A little." I answered as I began to fiddle with the radio.

"You know we really need to get you eating more. Marissa's pants are a zero and their baggy on you." My brother commented.

"A double zero actually. I'm a size zero or extra small, i used to be a size 1 but after I left they minimized my meals, made me work out all the time so now I'm more tiny." I pointed out.

"But don't worry, I'll try to gain a few pounds." My voice was sencere.

"Good, here have a cigarette." My brother handed me his cigarettes.

As soon as I was finished with my cigarette we pulled into the driveway. We made alot of trips from the truck to the house and back because of all my new things I had. I packed all of Marissa's stuff in white trashbags and began to hang all my clothes up in the closet. There was a pair of black pants and a red quarter length shirt with red and black bra and panties on my bed to wear. After I put all my clothes up I took a shower while my brother cooked me a steak dinner.

The real good kind with a good steak, mashed patatoes, green beans, and corn. By the time I was done with my shower and blow drying my hair we only had 10 minutes left to eat and get to the bar. That wasn't a problem for me since all I needed was a few bites. After we ate I put on my zip up black hoodie and headed out to the truck. The moment we pulled up to the bar I felt something stir inside me.
Out of no where fear struck me, I almost wanted to cry and beg Patrick to take me home. To be honest, if I was that little girl again I would have done it. The only reason why I didn't was because I knew that I had to get over my fear. Instead of hiding in the darkness I had to slowly step out into the light again. No more hiding. All it was doing was wasting my life.

"Patrick." His name was slipped out of my mouth in a panicing voice.

"Don't worry, Jessie. I promise you it's going to be alright. I won't let anything happen. I promise." Patrick spoke gently as he held onto my hand.

My eyes searched the bar infront of us that said "Mcginty's" then went to Patrick who had a concerned look on his face.

"I'm just. . . A little shy I guess." I whispered as I blinked back tears.
Patrick let out a chuckle. "Now how could a beautiful girl like you be shy?" My brother asked.

I didn't answer, I felt too ashamed as if I was doing something wrong.
"Look come in, have a few beers and a couple of cigarettes, you'll be fine."

It was too late my tears began to crawl down my cheeks. I tried taking a couple of deep breathes but all of my emotions took over.

"I'm just so scared and I don't even know why. I feel bad for being scared but after 5 long years I feel like escaping was wrong. Like I'm a bad kid who just disappointed their parents for the first time ever." I explained in a croaky voice as I wiped away my tears.

"Look at me." My brother spoke in his serious voice.

I turned to him, my vision still blurry from the tears.

"I know you feel like you did wrong but you need to understand that it was not wrong. It was brave. I know Mom and Dad are looking down at you and their smiling. Their looking down at you, not down on you. They would tell you how proud you made them. How beautiful and selfless you are and if they could. They can't right now but they will someday." My brothers voice was strong but caring at the same time.

I wiped the back of my hand underneathe my eyes and took a final deep breath.

"Come on. Lets go inside and have a good time." My brother smiled.

Warmth stirred inside me and my lips curved into a smile. I slid my hand out of his and began to walk in. The bar wasn't bug at all, there was a dark red leather bench by the green wall, a red carpet and just a bar with all the alcohol behind it. Connor and Murphy were sitting at the bar joking around with alot of people sitting around them. I gathered my couage and walked in with Patrick behind me.

"Hey Fuck Ass get me two beers!" My brother hollered out.

The whole group of man turned, laughing. Connor was wearing a dark green long sleeved shirt and his twin brother Murphy was in a dark blue long sleeved shirt.

"Hey Patrick, it;s about time you showed up." A tall man with long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes stood up off a barstool.

He has a beard growing on his round face that was long enough for me to wrap my fingers around it and tug. That wasn't something that I was really into but I was looking at his dark hair because it reminded me of my mom. But her hair was pure black, not dark brown like his. He looked like he was italian. Something told me he was working for the mob but as long as it wasn't the russian mob it was okay with me.

"Rocco, this is my sister Jessica." My brother spoke.

"Oh, she is beautiful, Patrick why you gotta bring her around me? You know I already got a girl." He joked.

I laughed, shook his hand then seated myself at the bar. Connor sat on my left with Murphy beside him and Patrick sat on my right side with Rocco. We were all at the bar smoking when an old man with white hair and glasses walked up with two beers. The bartender's face had creases around his mouth and forehead.

"Who is the p-p-pretty lady here?" The bartender asked.

"Oh, how rude of me. Doc this is Jessica, my baby sister. Jessica, this is Doc the best bartender ever!" My brother raised his voice.

Everyone cheered, raising their glasses. I began to sip my beer but couldn't believe what I saw next.

"FUCK! ASS!" Doc yelled out as he twitched.

My eyebrows raised. Was he talking to me? It was so random that I didn't expect that. Maybe that was why my brother called him 'Fuck Ass'. The bartender twitched one eye shutting tight and his teeth clentching tight as his head moved just a nick. He had terrets, or maybe there was just something wrong with him.

"My-my apologies Jessica, I-I-I sometimes do that." Doc apologized.

"It's okay Doc, not like you can help it. I'm sure you would change it if you could." I took a sip of my beer and had a drag of my cigarette.

"Speaking of which, there's something I need to tell all of you. The russuan mob is back and their buying all these buildings down here. I'm closing down f-f-friday. FUCK ASS!" Doc turned and tried to make it quiet.

I turned to the side and glared at what I seen. Outside that window, across the street was my old house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will try to get the next chapter on by tomorrow night that's when things pick up.