Thinking Of You

Asshole

She woke before Kevin did. He was going to have a really bad hangover when he woke up. She tiptoed into the bathroom to shower not wanting to wake him. As she stripped to step in the shower it was then that she noticed a bruise from where Kevin had grabbed her last night. Great she thought that’s just what she needed. She would have to see what make-up could do as her wrestling gear would show the bruise. As she came out of the bathroom Kevin had just woken up. He sat on the edge of the bed rubbing at his temples. She came and sat down behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He leaned back into her taking her hands and kissing them.
“Where did this come from?” He asked releasing her arms and turning to face her. She couldn’t believe he didn’t remember. After all it had been him that had done it. Her silence however was enough of an answer. “I did this? Faith I’m sorry, I didn’t… How did I do it?” She smiled softly at him and kissed him.
“You got a little too grabby last night at the bar. It doesn’t matter; I’m fine so don’t look like that. It was an accident.” He ran his fingers over the bruise feeling horrible that he had hurt her even if she said it was fine.
“You know I would never hurt you, right?” She rolled her eyes at him, but saw how much it bothered him. She scooted closer until she sat on his lap. She caressed his cheek and slid her down to his chest. He breathed deeply and contentedly.
“I know you would never hurt me Kevin. That’s why this.” She touched the bruise. “Doesn’t matter.” She kissed him sweetly, but it soon turned hotter and passionate as she pushed him back on to the bed. They didn’t get far as there was a knock on the door.
“Hey love birds get your rears in gear. We have a meeting!” Faith smiled down at Kevin and kissed him once more before getting up and opening the door for his friend Mike. “Hello beautiful.” He greeted her.
“Hey that’s my girlfriend; keep your eyes off Mike.” The guy in question held his hands up in like he’d been caught doing something he shouldn’t be doing.
“So Mike what’s this meeting for?” He just shrugged his shoulders at Faith as he watched her braid her plum coloured hair.
“It’s about some new storyline or something.”
“Wow that’s helpful Mike.” He laughed at her.
“I’m always helpful. I’m that helpful that if you want I can wash your back later.” He winked. She had not always felt comfortable around Mike. At least not when he was single like he currently was. She often found him staring and sometimes he lined what he was saying with sexual innuendos.
“Mike seriously? That’s my girl you’re talking to.” Kevin shouted from the bathroom. Faith sat down on the bed trying to ignore Mike, but he came and sat down next to her. Any closer he’d be sat in her lap. She felt incredibly uncomfortable and stood back up.
“Kevin I’ll be down in the restaurant ok?!” She shouted. She needed to get away from Mike; he was making her skin crawl.
“Ok babe, I’ll be down soon.” With that she grabbed her bag and walked out, with not so much as a glance in Mike’s direction. She reached the restaurant and grabbed a coffee and some toast before taking a seat. As she sat there her mind wandered to Phil, she couldn’t seem to help herself. To the day she told him to leave, that she couldn’t do it anymore. He had told her he loved her and that she loved him. It broke her when he said that. She couldn’t look at him as it was, but when he said that she felt for certain he wouldn’t believe her. She repeated herself several times to him and when her father came. Well her father made it clear to leave his daughter alone. She felt like crying something she hadn’t done over Phil in a few years. She was brought back from her sad memories by someone’s shadow casting over the table. She looked up only to meet the hazel eyes of Phil. She immediately looked the other way.
__________________________________________
He saw her sat there on her own. He knew the look on her face, she was upset. He made his way towards her and stood at her table. She looked up and saw him only to quickly look the other way.
“Faith, I…” He wanted to tell her he was sorry he never came back and that he was an idiot to have left her. But instead. “Hey I’m sorry about last night, I was interfering. I hope we can at least be friends Faith and I hope that we can at some point be able to share things like we used to. So just so you know I’m here if you need me.” She looked up at him confused. But he had thought about it and if Kevin was beating her then she would hardly tell him about, not after all these years. But if they were friends, then she might let something slip. Not straight away but eventually.
“Right, well I’m glad we can be friends, but I don’t think we can ever be like we were.” He knew she wanted to say more, but Kevin and Mike had arrived.
“Faith? Is he bothering you?” He wished Kevin would just buzz off so he could speak with Faith in peace.
“No it’s fine Kevin. “ She got up and took his hand. “Shall we go?” He nodded his head while glaring at Phil.
__________________________________________
“What did he want?” Kevin asked Faith as they made their way with Mike to the meeting. He didn’t like that Brooks was hanging around his girlfriend. He knew how Faith felt about him and he didn’t want Brooks worming his way into her affections.
“Just to say he hopes we can be friends.” He looked down at her in concern. Sure friends then Brooks would slowly get in between them until he meant nothing to Faith. “It’s fine Kevin, better to be friends than have him glaring every time we walk in to the same room has him.”
“Faith, he’s more concerned Brooks is going to steal you away, you remember saying that to her last night?” Mike laughed nudging Kevin.
“Shut up Mike, Kevin has nothing to worry about. I love him and I wouldn’t leave him for anyone or anything. And he knows it.” She smiled at Kevin and kissed him while Mike looked on in amusement. They arrived to find Natalie already there with some of the guys from creative.
“Morning Faith, Mike. We are going to roll with a storyline between you two and Natalie. Faith you have a match tonight against Natalya. But you’re going to cut a promo about you coming down to save Tamina last week. Miz you’ll come along and express your interest in her. She’ll in none too nice a words tell you were to get. Half way through her match you’ll come down and watch. She’ll win you’ll get into raise her arm and try to kiss her she’ll slap you and walk away. Later Natalya will come to you and suggest you have her instead of Faith. And we’ll check the response to it before we carry on with it. We feel that it’s something we need to add a little spice.” Martin smiled.
“Really? Then why don’t you put the Divas in longer more interesting matches?” Faith sniped. The last thing she wanted was to be in a love story with Mike.
“Hey come on Faith it’ll be great fun. You and me all the way babe.” He winked, she resisted the urge to puke.
“Faith it’ll be fine, Mike won’t do anything. And it’ll get you more air time.” He hugged her to him. She felt that if Kevin was ok with it that it would be ok. He wouldn’t let Mike do anything stupid.
“Fine seems I don’t have much of a choice.”
__________________________________________
The day rolled round pretty fast. Faith hadn’t seen Phil again and Kevin and her had thankfully spent the rest of the day together without Mike. At the arena she changed and made her way to make-up, they quickly covered up the bruise on her arm and sent her on her way. She headed towards were Matt Striker was and smiled.
“Hi Matt, how are you?” He hugged her briefly in greeting.
“I’m good so you ready? Know what you’re going to say?”
“Yeah I’m ready!” the camera rolled and the director signalled to Matt.
“Evening I’m Matt Striker and with me now is the newest Diva of the WWE, Faith. So Faith I’m going to get straight down to it. What made you come down and attack Natalya last night on Raw?”
“I think you’ll find Matt that at the time Natalya was trying to humiliate Tamina in the ring. Now I may be new and maybe I’m crossing some sort a line that the newbie shouldn’t. But at the end of the day I won’t stand for crap like that. So I came down and gave Natalya a piece of her own medicine and I’d do it again.” She placed her hands on her hips as a defiant expression crossed her face.
“So it’s safe to say then that you won’t to…” He was stopped as the Miz coughed to get their attention.
“Faith right? I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure, but I’m sure you know who I am. The most must see WWE Superstar ever! What are you hanging around here for with losers like him when you could be in my presence?”
“If I wanted to hang around a no talented, orange skinned, pompous idiot. Then I’d call you. But has it so happens I’ve got a brain and taste. We done here Matt? Good I’m outta here!” She walked off towards the curtain as she was straight into the match with Natalya. The second she stepped in the ring Natalya pounced. She knocked her to the mat and slammed her head into the canvas repeatedly. Faith rolled till she was on top and returned the favour. She stood up and backed off then the ref signalled for the bell. They exchanged blows for a while, neither Natalya nor Faith getting the upper hand. Until the Miz came down and stood ringside looking on. Finding the Miz there spurred Faith on to beat Natalya as she caught her with an Enzuigiri. She lifted her up and hit a TKO and quickly dropping down into a pin she got the win. The Miz slid into the ring and got to Faith before the ref and raised her hand in victory. She knew this was when he was supposed to try and kiss her. But he grabbed her ass first and then tried to kiss her. If he wanted to change what was supposed to happen then so would she as she pulled her hand back and bawled it into a fist and let it connect with his jaw. Before he could do anything she slipped out of the ring and jogged up the ramp with the crowds cheers ringing in her ears.
Not looking where she was going and cursing Mike under her breath she walked straight into Phil.
“What’s wrong Faith?” He asked placing his hands on her shoulders to steady her. She refused to look him in the eye as she knew she’d find it hard to break away from his gaze.
“Nothing. Just Mike being his usual asshole self.” She sighed. He looked at her and then past her.
“I’m guessing the handful of ass wasn’t in the script?” She shook her head and he stepped past her.
“Mizanin, I suggest you keep to the script in future!” Phil shouted, she looked at him in shock. What was he doing? All she needed was to speak to Kevin and he’d tell Mike himself.
“And what has what I do got to do with you? She isn’t your girlfriend!” Mike smiled at him with all the arrogance he had. Phil went to lash back at him only for Kevin to appear.
“No, but she’s mine Mike. What the fuck was that shit you pulled out there?!” He came towards Faith who wrapped her arms around him.
“Hey come on Kev! It was a bit of fun and I thought it would put more heat on me which it did. I didn’t mean any harm.” He smiled at Faith as if they both had agreed to it beforehand.
“Just lay off Mike. Don’t let it happen again.” Mike nodded and smiled slyly. Phil had gone quiet staring at Faith in the arms of Kevin. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. As Faith walked to the dressing rooms with Kevin she couldn’t help herself from looking back at Phil. Seeing the pain in his eyes at her walking away with Kevin, she realised that she really did care for him as much as she used to. And it scared her because she loved Kevin, but not as much as she still loved Phil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh Trouble in Paradise?
Will Mike back off?
Can Faith and Phiil just be friends?
What do you guys think?
:D SEG