Theives

Back to school

I sat with Kiley and Abby in English, doodling in my note book. Ignoring the movie playing.
“Pssssttttt! Em.” Kiley hissed, I glanced her way, “Hum?”
“Do you think Graves is taking good care of Pickles?” She pushed up her glasses.
“Pickles is going to be fine, Graves is taking good care of him.” I said as the final bell rang..
We headed home, when we got there it was quiet, the only sound was typing. We dropped our bags by the door and walked down the light tan hall to Graves’ open door. I looked in, Graves was in his desk chair, he must have heard us come in cause he pun around carefully to face us. Pickles curled up asleep in his lap.
“Awww!” Kiley said as Abby hugged herself.
“What?” Cade looked, over Emily’s shoulder, he saw Graves with the sleeping Pickles.
“Why is he in your lap?” Emily cocked her head, her brown hair falling into her face. Where she had a blue swirly-do painted. “I thought you didn't’t like Pickles?”
Grave pet Pickles back, “He wouldn’t stop barking. So I picked him up.”
I crossed my arms. “So you do like him.”
Cade leaned into the room, his muscular shoulders taunt under his shirt. He crossed his arms, I swear to God I thought his shirt was going to rip. It was like he was the tan Hulk or something. Maybe that’s why Emily liked him, he was fit as a fiddle and had washboard abs, that could grate frozen cheese.
Graves made a face at me, his dirty blond hair ruffled, he wasn’t as fit as Cade, but he was fitter than most of the guys at our school. But I think Cade could take him….. With one arm tied behind his back. “Maybe…..”
Abby make a squeaky noise that made my stomach turn. She pulled out her phone and clicked a picture of Graves and Pickles.
“Now we will have this memory for ever!” She cooed, twisting around, making her dress billow out. She looked like a 5 year old, but that was insulting 5 year olds every where.
Graves grinned at her, she froze. “Not if I can help it.”
Abby hugged her phone. “No! Don’t you dare hack into my phone!”
Graves crossed his arms, muscles rippling, but not near ripping his shirt. “Fine, but that picture can’t be sent. I’ll know if it is.”
Abby shied out of the room, pulling a sullen looking Lauren with her.
Kiley crouched down. “Here boy!” She called to Pickles. Pickles’ ears pricked up, he jumped into a standing positioning in Graves lap, tail wagging.
“Come on, let’s go play!” She cooed, Pickles launched himself off Graves lap. Graves winced, “OW!”
I covered my mouth hiding my grin. Emily burst out laughing, Cade looked sympathetic.
“Man, that must have hurt.” Cade said, wincing as well.
Graves hunched over, “Damn puppy.”
I snickered, “You know you love Pickles.”
He shook his head, “Not when he kicks me.”
Emily grinned. “Sucks to be you.”
Graves nodded, looking up at us, blond hair in his eyes. “Right now it does.”
Cade nodded, like her knew what Graves was going through. “That always hurts.”
I leaned in the door frame, picking at my wrist brace. Our team got along surprisingly well, no one was killing any one else. Plus our plans were become more sophisticated. Even if my life was always the one risked.
“Just breath, you’ll be fine.”
Graves glared at me, “You’re sooo helpful.”
I nodded, “That’s why you love me.” I turned into the hall and walked into the living room where Kiley sat on the floor playing with the little black and white puppy who was rolling around.
I settled on the couch cross-legged. Emily walked in and sat next to me, listening to the Beatles on her iPod. Cade and Graves wandered in. Graves laid face down on the carpet. Pickles bounded over to him on his over sized paws. Climbing on the Graves back, and sitting, tail wagging. He looked around the room, like he was trying to say, “Look! I got the bad guy!!!”
“Off, Pickles!” Graves said into the carpet. Pickles didn’t move only sat there wagging, tongue hanging out of his mouth.
Graves rolled onto his back, dislodging Pickles, who rolled across the carpet. Before bounding back over to Graves and sitting on his chest.
“Really?” Graves sighed, as Pickles licked his face.
“That’s cute.” I nudged Graves leg with my foot. Graves tried to push Pickles away, but to no avail.
“HE likes you.” Kiley grinned.
Graves rolled his eyes, “Great.”
I slid off the couch and sat with my back against it on the floor. Pickles padded over to me and sat, looking up at me.
“He’s a Dalmatian.” I rubbed Pickles head, his ears flopping around.
“I know!” Abby chirped. We all ignored her.
Someone walked into the loft. We all fell silent.
Alexis walked in, she saw Pickles.
“Since when do you have a dog?” She asked pointing.
“Since yesterday.” Graves groaned.
“Why?” She sat in a chair.
“I found him!” Kiley said proudly.
“Well, that answers that question.” Alexis nodded, her dark hair spilling over her shoulders. “I came by to say that Trixy posted her new “Loser 101” list. You guys are fighting for the top spot. Emily is #1 and Em is #2.”
I threw my hands in the air. “I wanted to be #1!” I crossed my arms and pouted. “I hope she dies.”
Alexis looked alarmed, “EM! That’s rude!”
I looked at her, “Exactly, and so am I.”
Graves laughed, “Who knew you wanted the Loser #1 slot all to yourself?”
Kiley raised her hand, then fiddled with all her bracelets. “I did, she’s the worst out of all of us.”
Graves looked confused, so did everyone else. Including me, but then again I was usually confused. My plans only worked out of luck. “And what are you basing that on?”
Kiley got an evil look, “Her pranks and attitude towards Trixy. And how her plans are the most dangerous.”
Emily’s phone rang, she pulled it out. “ I need to take this.” She got up and walked out on the deck.
I shifted, Pickles raced back to Kiley, tail wagging. He sat next to Graves head, tail smacking him in the face. Graves sat up and moved next to me.
Cade eyed him, mischievous look of his face. “No fooling around.”
I looked alarmed. “What!?!?”
Cade grinned, “You two better not be goofing off over there.”
I shot Graves an icy look, he held up his hands, “Not what I was doing.”
I shook my head, “Guys.”
Cade found this funny. “You should have seen the look on your face Graves!”
I rolled my eyes, “Wow, mature Cade.”
He was too busy arguing with Graves to respond. Emily walked back in. “We’re done. Our parents are taking over the case.”
I nodded, as everyone fell silent in thought. “That’s good.”
“But…” Emily made a face.
Graves groaned, “Why is there always a ‘but…’ with you?”
Emily shot him a look that could have frozen his heart. Then sat on the arm of the couch. “Any way, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. They need us to cause A scene at Trixy’s next party so they can get in.”
Kiley sighed, “Where’s Rachel when you need her?”
Emily nodded, “Her boobs would cause a scene.”
Alexis raised her hand, “What if we threw a new face into the fray? Trixy would be drawn to him.”
Emily pointed at her, “Good idea, if we throw him to the sharks it would cause the Bitch Clan to go into a feeding frenzy.”
Graves looked confused, “Him?”
I realized where they were going with this. “I agree, and if he was with us, they would try to save his social status.”
Cade looked at all of us lost, “What?”
Emily got an evil grin. “It’s time to go back to school, Graves.”
Graves froze in alarm. “Wait, say that again!”
I looked at him, “You’re going back to school.”
He thought for a second then made an annoyed face. “You mean as bait?”
Kiley nodded, blond hair falling into her face, “Yup!”
Cade opened his mouth then closed it before saying, “Wait? Isn’t Graves in school already?”
Graves looked at him, “I’m taking the courses on-line, I haven’t been in school since 5th grade.”
“Exactly!” Alexis pointed out. “That’s why you would be the best bait, cause Trixy wouldn’t know you. But once she sees you with us. She’ll take it as her civil duty to save your social life.”
Graves nodded, “Good plan, but I don’t know if I like it.”
I gave his a look, “Story of my life.”
Abby jumped up. “I didn’t do my homework!” She ran from the room, Pickles chasing her.
“So we have Graves come to school with us tomorrow.” Cade said, leaning back in his chair.
“That’s the plan.” Alexis said and tossed a box at me.
“What the hell?!?!” I swore catching it.
“A rape whistle. I thought you might need one, after your last mission.” Alexis said with a grin.
I glared at her, “Very funny. I had everything under control.”
Graves shook his head, “No you didn’t. They almost raped you.”
Emily looked at me, “I agree.”
I held up my hand. “Keyword, almost.”
Emily rolled her eyes, “Almost is too close.”
I ignored her and got up. “I’m going to bed. See ya when the sun’s up.”