Team Konoha

Konohamaru

He knew they were going to become a genin team together. Really, with them always close by and Ebisu always a few steps away, how could they not.

And he definitely enjoyed having actual friends as teammates; he had been expecting a disaster like Naruto-sama’s group had been. At least they could spend a couple meals and nights stuck in a small tent with minimal arguing; he had heard team 7 barely lasted until their sensei came to pick them up from the academy.

But, he still wished at some times that they had been reassigned, to meet other genin and learn more about bonding. And of course, to be more like Naruto-sama.

The group had been changing. Moegi had been acting weird lately, always staring at Udon and blushing. She started worrying about how her hair looked and wondering to put it up or down- even though it always ended back up in her pigtails at the end of the day.

Udon was still as sickly as ever too. Throughout the years he must have caught dozens of diseases from him; it really was a wonder Ebisu didn’t change the teams so the “honored grandson” wouldn’t finally catch whatever terminal disease he must have.

And Udon and him would never have that ultimate best friend rivalry Naruto-sama and Sasuke-bastard would have. Udon was a great friend, but just never wanted to argue or challenge one another, always passive.

But they were the inseparable “Team Konoha” all the same. He, Konohamaru Sarutobi, was the muscle and strength of the team. He was the unquestioned leader, except when it required more logic or “girl power,” and had the most powerful amount of ninjutsu. Udon was the tactician; he was logical and usually made the plans for the group. He was working on learning fighting with swords, something his uncle was apparently famous for. But after the uncle had died in the Sand invasion he was still looking for a new teacher. Then, finally there was Moegi, who was slowly learning about herbs in her self-taught mission to learn medical jutsu.

While she did not have much knowledge yet, she had already helped him quite a bit when last week he fell into a patch of poison ivy. Without her quick mixture she made he would still be scratching, though he did have to walk around with pink gunk all over his body for a couple days.

So, while Team 3 was definitely the best and most bonded team of the graduating class, it just didn’t look as if he would ever reach up to where his hero Naruto was. It had already been a year since graduating, by this time Naruto had already faced several high ranking ninjas and won. He had even gotten to the final round of the chuunin exam as a rookie.

But, their team had barely even been out of the village yet, just a few safe body guard missions for minor nobles. Naruto was due to return in a few weeks, and he was sure to be even more powerful.

While he, one of the last of the Sarutobis, was still stuck in a rut. Barely even advanced from when he had last seen him over two years ago. What could he say to him?

‘Well, he better teach me one hell of a powerful jutsu when gets back.’