Team Konoha

Moegi

‘Could she say she loved him?’

Moegi was walking in the streets of Konoha, long ago rebuilt from Pein’s manic attack. It was night time, pretty early in the morning actually. She was seventeen years old now, a jonin and a proficient medical ninja.

And, she had been dating her teammate Udon for just over a few months now. He had finally noticed when they were sixteen; he had been poisoned on an undercover mission, though not enough to really worry her, it was a common toxin. But he had finally realized how much he needed her, and she had been thrilled.

But, she wasn’t sure if she was ready for the “L” word yet. It had started with a few dates and just had kept getting better. They had been steady for awhile now, but last night he had changed it. The line, it was the line he had used.

“You are the light of my life- I love you.” Where the heck had he heard that before, it was so unlike him. ‘Probably got it from Konohamaru.’ Kono was always thinking up little one liners for girls, he was such a flirt. No real girlfriend yet, though he was always on and off again with Hyuuga Hanabi.

‘Really, the light of my life? Am I a candle?’

She’d been walking through the streets for awhile now, not really sure where she was headed. Just one step in front of the other while her mind was in another place. That is, until she ran straight into someone rounding the corner. It was kind of odd for that to happen, since it was around two in the morning. She took a step back and looked up, right into her Hokage’s face. ’Ahh, that explains it.’

“Sorry Naruto-sama! I really watch where I’m going.” He had been in deep thought too, probably the only reason they had actually hit one another. He looked confused for a second before replying.

“My fault Moegi. Been thinking hard about an anniversary gift, it’s what I’m getting now actually.” He rubbed the back of his head like always and let out an easy laugh. “I’m sure she’s asleep now so it’s really the only time I can hide it, damn Hyuuga eyes and all.” He grinned.

“Oh so cute! What is it?” She was distracted from her own problems with this, an actual couple with no troubles, well except the all seeing bloodline his wife had. ‘if Udon had that…’

“Well, I’ve been secretly getting some botanists out in the eastern part of fire country to breed a new species of flower; they were plenty excited of course. It’s like a sunflower but purple instead yellow, they’ve been working on it for ages.” He was rambling now of course, his overactive energy getting the best of him. “Anyway they sent it to the gates but I’ve been delayed getting it since Hinata’s byakugan could see it if I brought it to the mansion, so I’m hiding it at Konohamaru’s place until the actual day- I really hope she likes it. What do you think, will she?”

She laughed, “Of course Naruto-baka, it’s an amazing gift, it sounds so sweet. Wish Udon would’ve done something like that …” Sure that trip to Ichiraku ramen had been nice, but pretty expected.

“Ahh, well you’ve only just started dating, wait till you get married, then you’ll be surprised-“

He was still talking but she was off in her own world. ‘Marriage?’ And she wasn’t even sure about love yet, Naruto was already assuming they would marry.

Naruto seemed to have noticed her looking uncomfortable. “I mean just if you get married- You guys have barely just started dating you’ll have to wait and see and stuff.” He was getting nervous with her not answering. “So, just wait and after a while you’ll really know and stuff and you have questions you should ask Hinata, not me ‘cause I don’t really know what I’m’ doing most of the time like in dancing when you put your right foot-“

“It’s okay Naruto I get it. Thanks.” She paused, considering telling him her problems anyway. She struggled with words for a moment. “I was just out here thinking, something happened with Udon and I and I needed some fresh air.”

“What happened? Did Udon push you to do something you weren’t ready for? Because, I can totally get him into torture and interrogation with an hour for several sessions with Anko.” He looked sincere, and I knew he would do it too.

“Well…” she shouldn’t. “He just” she really shouldn’t… fine. “It’s not that, it’s just he… told me he loved me.”

Naruto’s face changed. “Oh, and you’re just not sure if you…” Moegi nodded at the unasked question. “I understand of course, same thing happened to me.” She had heard rumors from Konohamaru, but not the whole story. “I told Hinata too fast and bam, I’ve got an angry Hyuuga dad bearing down on me. Then Neji- it was a nightmare.” He shuddered.

“It’s just as she finally told me, you have to know and be certain.” He put on a fake Hinata accent, which was mostly just a lower volume and slight stutter. “Don’t rush Naruto-baka, wait and be patient.” He went back to his normal voice. “But, after that she said yes, it was time for us both to say it. She was just being plain old Hinata, nervous. But, no matter what you have to know you’re ready, not what anyone else tells you.”

She thought about that. They had been dating for awhile now, and she had like him for even longer, and they’d even known each other since they were kids. She couldn’t imagine saying no to him, saying no she didn’t love him like that or even to wait – she didn’t know how she could change. “Thank you Naruto, I think that really does help. Oh, and good luck on the gift.”

“All right… bye Moegi.” He looked uncertain at first, but realizing time was running short he jumped to the nearest building and started running to make up time. She could see his pair of anbu guards struggling to follow him as he was gone in a few seconds to the edge of the village.

She was ready. Or at least she thought she was. But she was going to trust her instincts anyway. She would say yes and she did love him back. She did. She does. She will?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally severely edited Moegi's part, probably still has some problems I'll reread when I'm more awake. Quite a bit longer from Kono's shot - had a bit too much fun with Naruto's early morning / late night ramblings. Enjoy!