Status: Completed.

Forget Yesterday

Jack.

Jack woke up to bright sunshine leaking through the thin curtains, and grimaced slightly. Too Early. Far Too Early. Looking down at something moved in his arms, Jack smiled to himself when he saw Alex snuggling into his chest. Last night had been perfect, even more so when they’d gotten back to the flat. Just the two of them, him and Alex, lying on Alex’s bed and kissing in between mouthfuls of whisky. It had been the perfect New Year, the best he’d ever known.

And he’d been lucky enough to share it with the most beautiful man he’d ever met, a man that actually wanted to be in his arms.

An hour or so later, Alex started to wake up, so Jack loosened his hold slightly, giving Alex a little more room. When Alex’s eyes fluttered open, Jack smiled.

“Hey,” he said softly.

“Hey yourself,” Alex yawned.

Jack smiled a little more as Alex stretched his body slightly, arching his back so their bodies were pressed even closer together and scrunching up his face. Adorable.

“How long have you been awake?”

“Not long,” Jack shrugged.

Lie. But Alex didn’t need to know that.

“That’s alright then,” Alex chuckled, moving his hands to rest on Jack’s waist.

There was a brief pause where Jack just looked into Alex’s eyes, admiring how closely he was to them, and how innocent Alex looked when he first woke. This was a sight Jack could definitely get used to, given the chance. And he was going to take any chance he got, just like Alex took a chance last night.

“I was kinda hoping we could pick things up from where we left off last night,” Jack blurted.

Well that came out a little more bluntly than he’d hoped, but oh well. It was worth it to see the light blush on Alex’s cheek.

“I have scuzzy-whisky-morning-breath,” Alex warned, although he didn’t seem to reject the idea.

“I don’t care,” Jack said simply.

Alex smiled shyly, before leaning his head forward and pressing his lips to Jack’s. Jack smiled back against Alex’s mouth, and willingly replied to the soft embrace, moving his mouth slowly against Alex’s. Damn, this was even better than last night. The slow easy movements of early morning only intensified the kiss, making Jack moan softly and pull Alex firmly against him. This in turn made Alex moan, but for different reasons. They were both hard and hadn’t even realised, too caught up in the passion of their lips.

Jack broke the kiss, a little ashamed of how easily he’d let himself get aroused.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

Jack trailed off, embarrassed. Alex only looked confused.

“What do you mean?” he frowned.

“I didn’t mean to get so aroused so quickly,” Jack mumbled, cheeks heating up in shame.

Alex just smiled, shaking his head.

“It’s okay, Jack. Nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, it’s a compliment. Besides, you’re not alone with your boner,” Alex said simply.

Jack cringed slightly at Alex’s crudeness. This was something he should be ashamed of – Alex wasn’t just a fuck! He means something!

“You don’t understand, Alex. Intimacy…means a lot to me,” Jack said awkwardly.

Alex flinched slightly, swallowing heavily at those words.

“And you don’t think it means a lot to me? I don’t just open my legs for any pretty guy that walks past, y’know,” Alex said, a little sharply.

Jack paled slightly. That wasn’t what he meant at all.

“Lex, please, I didn’t mean that. I just mean…I don’t want to rush us. You’re important to me. Extremely important. And sex to me is something important to, so I’d really like it if we take things slowly,”

“You called me Lex,” Alex said with a goofy smile.

Jack fought the urge to roll his eyes.

“Is that all you heard in that statement?” Jack sighed.

“No, of course not, Jack. I get it, you want to wait. I can deal with that. We can still…y’know…kiss, right? Maybe even make-out?” Alex asked hopefully.

“Yeah, I think that would be alright,” Jack mused.

Alex grinned and immediately crushed their lips together again. Jack’s sound of surprise was muffled, but he responded to the kiss just as eagerly as Alex kissed him. Yeah, he could definitely get used to this, the way Alex made little whimpers as his tongue invaded Jack’s mouth, his tongue twisting and tangling with Jack’s own, stirring up urges that Jack hadn’t felt in years. Alex was fire and electricity and perfection, all rolled into one, and Jack knew exactly what he had to do.

“Be my boyfriend,” Jack said firmly, breaking the kiss.

“Wha-?” Alex mumbled, still a little dazed.

“Be my boyfriend. Please,” Jack repeated, smiling this time.

Alex’s entire face lit up and he nodded, grinning widely. Jack couldn’t help but whoop softly, pressing a flurry of kisses into Alex’s neck, making the younger man giggle. This was amazing. This was everything Jack wanted. This was…

“I DON’T CARE IF YOU TWO ARE HAVING NEW YEAR SEX IN THERE, GET YOUR ASSES DOWNSTAIRS TO HELP ME CLEAN UP!”

Rian. Alex groaned and rolled onto his back, making Jack laugh softly. Clearly Alex hadn’t expected his flatmate to be up this early.

“WE’LL BE DOWN IN A SECOND!” Alex yelled back, before snuggling into Jack’s side.

Jack just smiled.

“GOOD. IF YOU’RE NOT DOWN HERE IN 15 MINUTES, OR AT LEAST ONE OF YOU, THEN I’M GONNA LET VINNY PICK THE LOCK. THEN YOU’LL BE SORRY!”

With that, Rian walked away.

“My bet is one of his friends broke something last night. That’s the only reason he’d be so pissy,” Alex sighed.

“Either that or Vinny was too drunk to fuck him into the New Year,” Jack shrugged.

This made Alex laugh and press a soft kiss to Jack’s lips before he rolled out of bed. Jack immediately wanted him back in his arms. And Jack immediately scolded himself for being so sappy.

“Come on, get dressed. We can continue making out later,” Alex winked.

Jack just grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, another finally?
:)
Alex, Rian and Zack have a guys night in the next update...

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! I really appreciate all your feedback, so please keep it coming!

xo