Status: Completed.

Forget Yesterday

Alex.

Another night in alone. Alex was starting to get used to Friday nights like this. That only made him sound like a clingy boyfriend, but he missed spending time with Jack, he really did. How pathetic was that? But Alex didn’t care. At least it gave him an excuse to sit on the sofa and watch movies all night while he gorged on ice-cream. He got that Jack spent his Friday nights with Emma, and that Rian and Vinny had date night, and that Zack and Matt had kinky Fridays, but it didn’t mean he had to be alone, did it?

Oh well. At least Ben and Jerry would never leave him.

Phish Food. His favourite.

Half a carton down, there was a knock on the front door. Alex put his spoon and tub down on the coffee table with a frown. What the fuck? Who was that at this time of night? Rian and Vinny wouldn’t be back for ages and Jack hadn’t put Emma to bed yet.

Reluctantly, Alex got up and walked down the hallway, and opened the front door, only for his breath to hitch in his throat. There stood Danny, dressed in a crisp white shirt and non-ripped jeans, holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Woah.

“D-Danny? What are you doing here?” Alex stammered.

“You never called. I had to see you somehow,” Danny said simply.

Without thinking, Alex stepped to the side and let Danny into the apartment. What the hell was Danny doing here? And with flowers?! Maybe he’d finally apologise for how he treated Alex and they could go their separate ways and get on with their lives. Yeah, maybe that was why he was here. For closure.

“Here, these are for you,” Danny said with a smile, holding out the flowers.

Alex took them, unable to stop smiling back. He really did love flowers. Danny used to buy them for him all the time, but never as beautiful as this.

“Thanks, I’ll put them in some water,” Alex said warmly.

Danny seemed to relax a little more.

“So…how have you been?” Danny asked.

“Pretty good, yeah. You?” Alex asked politely.

Danny just grimaced.

“Not so good. I’ve been doing some soul searching recently and I’ve realised a few things,” Danny said.

“Like what?” Alex frowned.

“I’ve missed you, Lexy. I was so stupid to cheat on you, especially with Ian. I shouldn’t’ve let you go! Fuck, I’ve missed you so much,” Danny blurted.

Woah, what? Where the fuck did that come from?!

“I-I’ve missed you too but…”

Out of nowhere, Danny surged forward and pressed his lips to Alex’s, making Alex squeak as his back hit the wall, Danny’s hands cupping his face. What the fuck?! Why was Danny kissing him?! As soon as his brain processed what was happening, Alex planted his hands on Danny’s chest and shoved him backwards, breaking the embrace. Danny was breathing heavily, blue eyes electric and lips red and shiny. Fuck, he looks good. Fuck, that’s not the point.

“You didn’t let me finish! I’ve missed you too but I have a boyfriend now! And I love him!” Alex insisted.

“Yeah, he does,”

Shit.

Alex looked over to the doorway to see his boyfriend standing there, and paled at the anger in Jack’s face, not liking how it wasn’t just directed at Danny. This wasn’t what it looked like!

“J-Jack!” Alex managed to squeak.

Shit.

Jack ignored Alex and swung his fist straight at Danny’s face, catching him hard in jaw, making Alex yelp as Danny fell to the ground with a surprised yell. What the fuck?! Jack isn’t the violent type! Where had this come from?!

Without waiting for Danny to stand up, Jack hauled him to his feet by the collar of his shirt.

“You stay the fuck away from my boyfriend, do you hear me? If I even see you anywhere near here, I’ll rip your fucking throat out!” Jack growled.

What the fuck?!

Danny just nodded, eyes wide in fear. Alex couldn’t blame him for being scared. This side of Jack was scaring him too.

“Now get the fuck out,” Jack spat.

He let Danny go, and Alex’s ex ran from the apartment, not looking back once. Alex let out a breath of relief, turning to smile at Jack. But Jack didn’t smile back.

“Why were you kissing him, Lex?” Jack asked through gritted teeth.

“I wasn’t! He kissed me!” Alex defended.

Don’t lie to me!” Jack seethed.

W-What?
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...

What do you guys think?
Whose side are you on, Alex or Jack?
Should Jack be mad at Alex? Or did Alex do nothing wrong?
The next chapter brings big drama.

I'm seeing All Time Low tonight! Aaaaahhhhhhh!! So excited :)

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last update! Please keep your feedback coming!

xo

p.s. I've decided to post my motorbike AU in three parts...so here's part one!