Status: Completed.

Forget Yesterday

Alex.

“Why were you kissing him, Lex?” Jack asked through gritted teeth.

“I wasn’t! He kissed me!” Alex defended.

“Don’t lie to me!” Jack seethed.

W-What?


~

“I’m not lying! Why would I lie to you?!” Alex exasperated.

“Because I saw you kissing him with my own two eyes!” Jack spat.

Alex shook his head, reaching out to Jack with both hands, but Jack just stepped backwards. A lump rose in Alex’s throat, but he forced it down, blinking away the tears in his eyes.

What the fuck was going on?

“I didn’t want him to kiss me. I pushed him away,” Alex insisted.

“Then explain to me why you let your ex – who you were heartbroken over, if you recall – into your flat with a bunch of flowers,” Jack snapped, fists clenched.

“I thought he was trying to apologise, so we could move on with our lives!” Alex said.

“He was trying to get into your pants!” Jack exasperated.

Alex couldn’t help but whimper. Jack clearly didn’t believe him and he didn’t know what else to say. How the hell had tonight turned into this mess?

“Jack, I’m sorry okay?” Alex whispered.

“Oh, you’re sorry? Oh well that’s fine then! Let’s just forget about the fact that you were locking lips with your asshole ex!” Jack said sarcastically, waving his hands around.

Why was Jack acting this way? When did his boyfriend turn into this person?

“Why won’t you believe me?” Alex whimpered.

“How can I, Lex? How can I even trust you anymore after what I saw?” Jack said angrily.

“I don’t want him anymore, I haven’t for a long time. I don’t love him – I love you! And if you love me too, then you’ll believe me,” Alex said desperately.

Jack didn’t answer, he just stood there gritting his teeth, making Alex inhale sharply. No. No, Jack had to answer. He had to.

“Jack? Please say that you love me too?” Alex begged, tears filling his eyes again.

“I can’t,”

Oh God.

“I love you. Please. I love you so much,” Alex choked.

“Well maybe that’s not enough,” Jack said stiffly.

No, no he didn’t mean that. He couldn’t mean that.

“Please Jack, don’t do this. I know you love me, please!” Alex said frantically.

Jack bit his bottom lip but shook his head, sparing Alex one last glance before leaving the flat. Alex choked out a sob, running to the doorway as tears streamed down his cheeks, eyes watching Jack walk away.

“Jack! Don’t go!” Alex cried out.

Jack didn’t even flinch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, sorry?
I know I suck with updating, but I've been really ill recently. Like, really ill. That paired with my family about to lose our home and my mom due to have a heart operation, things haven't really been great!
But I'm going to try to get back on track, I promise!

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter. I promise I won't take as long to update next time :)

xo