Moments

Promise

“You can’t make me leave!”

That was all I said as I ran away from my parents. I took off across the street and banged on the door. My best friend Harry opened it with a smile until he saw the tears rolling down my face. He automatically pulled me into a hug and I buried my head in his chest.

“What’s wrong Lee?”

I shook my head and he ran his hand threw my hair trying to comfort me and get me to tell him what’s wrong.

“Hailey talk to me. what’s wrong?”

I pulled back and looked at him. More tears flooded my eyes. Harry was more then my best friend he was the boy I was absolutely in love with and had been for somewhere around three years now. And I was going to be moving out of England.

“I’m moving to Paris.”

He looked at me shocked and I felt the tears slip down my cheeks.

“I don’t want to go. They can’t make me. They can’t pull us apart. You are my best friend Harry. I can’t leave. What will I do without you across the street? What will I do without you. I can’t. I won’t” I said. He looked at me and lifted my wrist up and twirled the friendship bracelet he gave me around his finger.

“We will never be apart Hailey. It is going to take more then distance to keep us apart. We will write and Call and go see each other as much as we can.”

I nodded and he pulled me into a hug.

“Do you promise?”

“I promise.”

What a liar.
♠ ♠ ♠
opener! What do you think?