Sweet Blasphemy

Say what?

It was my first day back at school after taking a couple of days off because of the gig and all the issues going on with Jenna. I wiped the tears from my eyes though it wasn’t obvious that I’d been upset. I’m walking down the hall in between classes when I run into Sammi, it’s the only thing to put a smile on my face, “Hey Sammi” I said with a smile “Hey you, what class you got now?” she said giving me a hug “Art, thank goodness cos I can’t be bothered concentrating today” I said staring at the floor and looking as though I’m a million miles away “I know the feeling Hun” said Sammi in sympathy “Been a rough day?” she asked “Not really just tired but on the plus side I haven’t run into Andy so it’s not all bad” I said giggling “too right but hate to tell you this but he is here today I saw him about 5 minutes ago cos I had to give something back to Jinxx” said Sammi with a look that said ‘I’m sorry’ “Oh Really? Damn but oh well” I said with a hint of disappointment “Don’t worry about him aye besides he’s only doing it to get a reaction and if I didn’t know any better I’d say...” Sammi pauses for a moment “actually don’t worry” she said looking as though she’d put her foot in it. “What do you mean?” I said raising an eyebrow “Do you know something?” I asked “Let’s just say I don’t think he hates you as much as he claims” said Sammi with a suggestive smile “yeah whatever, anyways I better get to class but I’ll see you afterwards” I said trying to put on a brave face “true that and yeah will do I’ll meet you outside you class” she said happily “see ya soon then” I said smiling. Sammi gave me a hug and went in the opposite direction to her class.
Feeling a little better I made my way to class only to see my arch rival Andy sitting on one of the tables talking to his friends. He sees me walk in and gives me a smirk that only wanted to make me slap him across his face “Oh! She lives another day” said Andy being a smart-ass as usual “much to your disapproval” I snap back at him “Oh! Someone’s in a bad mood” he said trying to wind me up “shut up Andy, I don’t have time for this” I said rolling my eyes back at him. I take a seat next to my friend Lilly, she’s in a couple of my other classes, “Don’t let him get to you he’s an idiot” Lilly said laughing “you got that right” I said with a smile. Andy looks over and kind of glares at me, I glare back and shake my head saying under my breath “Is he trying to make me vomit?” trying to avoid eye contact. Lilly hears and starts laughing “nice one Lexis” she said trying not to giggle “Why thank you” I said feeling proud of myself. Our teacher Ms. Smith walks in and see’s Andy sitting on the table “For the last time Andy the table isn’t a chair” said she in a firm voice “sorry ms” said Andy as he jumps off the table and takes a seat “ha ha you got told” I said quietly under my breath. Andy hears but doesn’t say anything except giving me a dirty look. “That’s enough Lexis” said Ms. Smith “Sorry ms” I said avoiding eye contact.
The lesson begins and soon the room is buzzing, everyone is chatting amongst themselves, I’m trying to draw something but it isn’t going very well “stupid thing” I say in frustration then hear from a certain idiot “awww don’t talk about yourself like that” I look up and see Andy with a cheeky smile on his face and trying not to laugh at my expense “Oh shut up will you” I snap back and throwing a bit of paper at him which only just misses “Ignore him, he’s not worth it” said Lilly trying to keep the peace “but good shot though” she said smiling “thanks, wish it’d been a rock or something” I said glaring at Andy “violence never solved anything” he said with sarcasm “Oh really?” I smack my hands against the table and stand up “Let’s see shall we” I snap angrily. Andy gives me a look as if to say ‘you serious’ but doesn’t say anything “That’s it, the both of you outside now” said Ms. Smith sounding very unimpressed “but he started it” I protested “I don’t care, outside the pair of you now” said Ms’ Smith pointing towards the door. Me and Andy both go outside the class and wait, I turn to Andy yelling “What the hell is your problem?” I yell “settle down Lexis, don’t take things so personally” he said rolling his eyes “excuse me? How can I when you take a shot at me every chance you get?” I say throwing my arms up “You know, you don’t always have to react you can ignore it although it wouldn’t be as fun” said Andy grinning as though to hint something “what are you getting at?” I asked looking puzzled. Before Andy could answer Ms. Smith comes outside to talk to us both “Are you two done being disruptive? Because whatever arguments are going on leave it outside don’t bring it into class” she said with her arms folded and shifting her eyes between me and Andy “yes ms” I said politely “Thank you Lexis” she said sounding more pleased “Andy, you need to do something about that attitude and stop winding people up, your better than that” she said in disappointment. “Yes ms” said Andy knowing he was skating on thin ice “Ok now back inside and get on with it” said Ms. Smith making her way back into the classroom. Andy and I follow ‘so what were you getting at?” I asked softly to Andy as we walked back inside “what makes you say that?” he said with a smile “because it’s you that’s why” I said sounding a little annoyed “I’ll tell you later” he said still smiling and going back to his seat. ‘What did he mean?’ I thought as I walked back to my seat, since when did Andy decide to be nice to me it didn’t make sense but I certainly didn’t want to argue with it because any peace was fine by me as by now Id run out of energy to argue.
A little while passed and the bell rang to signal end of class, I started packing up my stuff and waved bye to Lilly as she left the classroom. I heard a little voice from outside “Hey you” I looked up and saw Sammi standing at the door waiting “I’ll just be a minute” Sammi walked over and sat on the table “So, how was class?” she said fixing her bracelets “yeah It was ok, Andy was actually nice to me” I said sounding surprised “Oh really?” Sammi giggled “quiet you” I said trying not to laugh. I gathered my things and we made our way to the door and started walking down the hall when I heard a voice calling for me “Hey Lexis, wait up” I turned around to see Andy walking towards me “Say what?...oh hey” I said sounding bit out of it “Can I talk to you for a second?” said Andy smiling, he see’s Sammi with me “Hey Sammi” he said moving bit of hair out of his face “Hey Andy” said Sammi “Forgot to tell Jinxx earlier but can you let him know he left his shoes at my house again” Andy said giggling “yeah sure, I’ll let him know he’s been wondering where they’d got to” she said shaking her head. Sammi looks over at me “I’ll wait for you in the car, K?” she said with a smile “yeah ok” I said happily “see ya Andy” said Sammi as she started making her way. I look back over at Andy “So what did you want to ask?” I said with bit of sarcasm “I just wanted to apologise for been such a bonehead” he said sounding genuinely apologetic.
I stood there in slight shock before I answered “that’s ok, apology accepted” I said looking confused “But can I ask where this is coming from?” I said kind of half expecting a cheeky response “Honestly? Cos well I figured it was time to make peace but also you get so worked up it was kinda funny” he said giggling “excuse me? Funny?” I said looking a bit peeved off “yeah cos I really need that at a time like this” I said rolling my eyes but before I could continue Andy interrupted by saying “and also its cute when you’re angry” he said with a cute smile “say what?” I said in surprise. What the hell? My arch rival was apologising and said I was cute, this really didn’t make sense “so...we even?” he asked looking hopeful “well this was unexpected but yeah ok” I said smiling but still a little suss about the real reason why Andy all of a sudden had to decided to make a mends. “Anyways I got to run, I’ll catch ya later and again I’m sorry” he said still smiling and walking off “ok cya” I said still sounding surprised. I made my way outside and got into Sammi’s car “So what was that all about?” she asked “Andy just apologised for been a bonehead” I replied, the smile on Sammi’s face suddenly grow bigger but she said nothing “what?” I asked “Oh nothing” she said although I knew she was holding back something “don’t give me that look, you know something” I said in slight frustration but smiling “ok but you have to promise not to breathe a word, Jinxx told me this in confidence” said Sammi with her eyebrows raised and a tone of voice that said it all. I looked at her slightly worried but excited “Ok I swear I won’t say anything” I said calmly “especially not to Jenna” Sammi protested. I looked at the floor “don’t worry I won’t” I paused for a moment trying to hold myself together “we don’t really talk that much anymore unless it’s arguing” I said sounding upset “Oh I’m sorry” she said holing my hand “it’s fine, it’s not like it’s a big secret or anything” I said still staring at the floor.
“Well on a lighter note” Sammi said cheerfully “I’ll tell you what Jinxx told me which was” Sammi pauses for a moment and a big smile appears on her face “Andy does actually think your cute and he doesn’t hate, in fact he never has” said Sammi smiling “say what?” I said as I smacked my hands against my legs “but what...surely not, I mean yeah he apologised which was really sweet but uh” I said in surprise “well it’s true” Sammi said still smiling “and don’t tell me you don’t think he’s cute as well” she said giggling “what? No, he’s a pain is what he is” I said laughing and still in slight shock of what I’d just been told “you sure he wasn’t joking?” I asked “it’s true my dear. Jinxx didn’t give me too many details mainly for this reason” she said giggling. Sammi put the keys into the ignition and started the car; we left school grounds and made our way to my house. Silence filled the air but also disbelief “I don’t get it, I mean he teases me all the time why would change his mind?” I asked “Honey, why do think he did it in the first place? He was trying to get your attention and from the looks of it he got it” said Sammi trying to keep her eyes on the road “yes, he’s a pain and a total wanker at times when he wants to be but underneath it all he’s not that bad, dare I say I have seen that side of Andy” Sammi said as she looked over and smiled “I don’t know why your surprised” she said “well I just founded out that my supposed arch rival doesn’t hate me so yeah I’m gonna be a surprised” I said waving my arm about.
A few minutes later we arrived at my house, I saw Dads car in the drive way and Dean working on this bike. Sammi looks over “you alright?” she asked sounding worried “yeah I will be I just hope Jenna isn’t home cos I don’t feel like a screaming match” I said trying to keep it together “hey, your more than welcome to stay at mine tonight if you want” she said in soft voice “I should be fine but thanks but ill text if I change my mind” I said smiling “no worries hun” she said with a hint of concern. I grabbed my hello kitty bag and opened the car door “Thanks for the lift, I’ll return the favour when I get my car back from the garage” I smiled “anytime sweetie. Cya tomorrow” Sammi said with a smile. I closed the car door and waved goodbye as Sammi drove off making her way home. I made my way up the drive-way greeting Dean “Hey” I said smiling “Hey Lexis, how was school?” said Dean cheerfully “yeah it was ok” I said in a daze and continued walking. I had a feeling Jenna was home and my stomach dropped a bit; I hated how things we’re between us right now and I hate knowing that I was slowly losing someone who I was once so close with and loved with all my heart, even though it was getting more difficult each day, Jenna is my twin sister and I could only watch as she spiralled further out of control and down a dangerous path of destruction, it should be like this and the more I thought about it the more it broke my heart.