Sweet Blasphemy

Realizations

“How the fuck am I supposed to stay away from stress?” I demanded, staring at the doctor and the shrink who were standing at the foot of my bed. “Well, the only other choice is to institutionalize you, and no one wants that. You just need to take a step back Jenna.” the shrink told me, I raised an eyebrow at that. “I’m sure you have my best interests at heart and it has absolutely nothing to do with the big fat pay check that my label is paying you” it told her sarcastically. I was momentarily distracted by Ash climbing onto the bed next to me and resting his chin on my shoulder. “Jen let it go. Just come and stay with me for a week or two. That will be stress free” Ash told me, I looked at him for a long moment. “My mom suggested it” he added with a grin, nodding in the direction of the door, I turned and looked, a grin breaking out across face at the sight of Avery, Kayla and Ashley’s mom standing at the door. “Hey guys” I said, smiling at them. “Oh, we can come back when your doctors leave” Ash’s mom said, grabbing a handful of Avery’s shirt to stop her running over to the bed. “No need, we were just about to leave. We’ll be back later. Just think about it Miss Hardy” I watched them go, pulling a face at their backs, which made Avery giggle.

“How are you feeling Jenna?” Ashley’s mom asked me, coming in and closing the door. I shrugged and held my arms out for Kayla. “They want me to ‘avoid stress” I told her, quoting the dumb bitch my manager had hired. “Well, you’re welcome to come stay with us if that will help” She told me, “Yeah Jenna, come stay with us” Avery said, her eyes lighting up at the thought. I smiled, “Are you sure?” I asked, somewhat in disbelief. She nodded with a smile, “Mom was the one who suggested it” Ash told me as he pulled Avery up onto his lap. “So, what do you say Jen?” Mum asked, I smiled “I’d love to” I replied, snuggling into Ash as I hugged Kayla.

**Lexis’s PoV**
“C’mon Sel, hurry up before dad comes home……” I trailed off at the sight of a woman I didn’t know standing in the middle of my living room, “Danni!” Selena squealed, throwing herself at the woman. “Who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my house” I demanded, sounding a lot like Jenna as I glared at the woman. After the events of the past week and a half, this was the last straw. “This is Danni, she’s dad’s new girlfriend” Selena told me cheerfully as she hugged the woman who was imposing herself in my living room. “Whoopdy-fucking-doo. Hurry up Selena, Visiting hours will be over soon” I told her, still glaring at this woman. “Um….. I’m guessing you might be Jenna?” she asked me, I snorted in amusement “If I was Jenna, you’d probably have a broken nose or something “ I told her as I turned away and headed for the stairs. “Lexi is in a mood cos she has to take me to the hospital to see Jen” Selena told her, “oh” was all Danni said. “No, I’m in a mood because you guys are so keen to replace MOM” I yelled down the stairs, feeling the tears prickling at my eyes. It was sooo obvious that this Danni woman had been around a lot, though I probably wasn’t being entirely fair to Selena.

I slammed the door behind me as I stomped into my room, mentally calculating what id need for another few days at Sammi’s place. I just wanted to mentally check out, I guess that s why I snapped “Fuck Off” when there was a knock at the door. “Lexis, what’s gotten into you” my dad asked as he opened the door. “Jenna, apparently, just what have you been telling this woman?” I snapped, glaring at him for a long moment, before snatching my bag off my bed. “I’ll leave you to spend time with your slut. Deans gonna pick Selena up from the hospital. I’m going to Sammi’s” I told him coldly, stalking towards the door. “Selena, hurry the fuck up. I’m leaving now” I yelled stomping down the hall. Selena darted out of her room and followed me. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact Dad had replaced mom already. Shaking my head to clear the homicidal thoughts from my head, I stormed out to the car, if I was a thunder cloud, everyone in a ten block radius would have been electrocuted. Selena jumped into the passenger side as I turned on the engine, eyeing me apprehensively. “Lexi, she’s really…” Selena started to say but I cut her off. “No. we are not going to talk about that…. That... Home wrecking slut. She isn’t mom” I told Selena angrily, trying to imagine how Jen would react to this news.

I was still fuming when we reached the hospital; Selena was quiet after my angry outburst, obviously sensing it would be best to stay quiet. She trailed me silently as we headed to Jenna’s room, where I was surprised to see she had visitors. Jen looked up at me and Selena with a smile, a little girl cuddled up in her arms, while there was another on sitting at the foot of the bed hitting the balloons the boys had bought her. A second later I noticed an older woman sitting in Ash’s usual chair. “Hey guys. This is Ash’s family. They came to visit me” Jen told me, a grin on her face, she sounded almost surprised, like she couldn’t understand why they would want to but was pleased about it. “Mommy Purdy, this is my twin Lexis and my baby sister Selena. Lexi…… what’s wrong?” She asked me, her smile dropping as she took in my expression and posture. I shrugged and shook my head. “Nothing Jen. It can wait.” I told her, trying to make myself relax. “It’s obviously something. You look like I do when I’m in a raging bad mood. Who am I smacking out?” Jen asked me, her face falling into a scowl. “Well, you can start with Dad’s new whore” Dean replied angrily as he stomped into Jen’s room, coming up short at the sight of Ashley’s family. “I’m guessing your dad has a new girlfriend” Ash’s mom said, her eyes on Jen as she spoke. A chilly silence fell over the room as I waited for Jen to explode. “How long has he been seeing her?” Jen asked softly. I looked at Selena, who was staring at Jen apprehensively.

--Jenna’s PoV—
“How long?” I asked when there was no reply. Selena cleared her throat nervously, which made me wonder if she was scared of me. “Five months. He’s been seeing her for five months. They met at the hospital, her husband left after her son….” Selena sounded desperate, as if she wanted me to understand. “At the Hospital?” I asked, cutting her off. “Uh…. i….”Selena started backing towards the door as Lexi and Dean turned to stare at her. “You knew and didn’t tell us?” Dean asked her in disbelief. Selena didn’t answer, I could tell by the look on her face that Selena realised she had said way too much. “Ok guys, how about we back off a little. This isn’t her fault.” Ash’s mom said, I turned to look at her “And you are supposed to be avoiding stress” She told me sternly. I sighed and nodded. “I’m getting discharged today” I told my siblings. “And how are you gonna avoid stress at home. Dad will provoke you within an hour.” Dean asked me. “That’s why I’m moving in at Ash’s for a while, while I get my shit together” I replied with a half shrug. “Ok. What about clothes, did you want me to pack you some stuff?” he asked, I shook my head, “I’m gonna head over with Ash and grab some stuff. Selena brought me some stuff, so I’ll have clothes to walk out of here in” I replied with a shrug. “Ok, I’ll hang at home so you guys have back-up” he told me. I turned to stare at Lexi. “So….. are you still pissed at me?” I asked her, she shook her head. “No, we’re good. I’ll be at Sammi’s for the next couple of days if you need me” Lexi told me, coming over and giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I watched Lexi leave before turning to Dean. “Is she ok?” I asked him, there was something really off about Lexi, though I couldn’t put my finger on it. Dean shrugged “She’s having a hard time adjusting to L.A.” Selena said, I turned to look at Selena. “What about you?” I asked, I was kind of hurt by the look of surprised that flashed across Selena’s face. “Fine. I like L.A.” she replied. She was interrupted by my doctor and shrink coming back. “Sorry to interrupt, but have you decided what you’re going to do Jenna?” my doctor asked me. I nodded “Yeah, I’m gonna stay at my boyfriend’s house. I don’t want to be in that fucking place” I replied with a scowl. My doctor nodded and handed me a stack of papers. “Well, you’ll need to fill out these forms and get them signed by an adult. Cos you’re under eighteen we need to discharge you into the care of an adult, but given your situation, I’ll happily accept your boyfriend’s mother’s signature. Just bring them to the nurses’ station when you’re done and we’ll start preparations to send you home” He told me. I watched him and my shrink go with a dark look. “Here Jenna, I’ll fill these out” Ashley’s mom told me, taking the pages from me and settling them on her lap. I watched as she fished a pen out of her bag and started writing. I kind of wondered what my own mom would have thought about all of this, the realisation that she would have been disappointed in me hit me like a ton of bricks. It was then I decided I was gonna mend my relationships with my siblings, though at the same time, I desperately hoped I wasn’t too late.