Like No Other

Chapter 13

“Did I do okay?” she asked shyly, the covers coming all the way up to her chin. I laughed at her. Sometimes she was just so cute. “What?” she asked again, blushing deeply.
“Nothing, I just love you. You were amazing.”
I traced lines and circles on her bare back, loving the feel of her soft ivory skin on my hand. She had her eyes closed, but I knew she wasn’t sleeping. As if to prove my point, she opened up her big gray eyes and looked at me. She had a slight smile on her lips.
“What are you thinking about?” she asked, scooting closer to me so that our skin was touching once again.
“You,” I ran my fingers through her hair, which was a mess now, tangled in a massive heap.
“What about me?”
“How beautiful you are,” I kissed her on her cheek. “How amazing you are,” I kissed her on her other cheek. “How much I love touching you, feeling you, having you beside me,” I kissed her on her forehead. “How much I love you,” I kissed her on the lips. They were still swollen and slightly purple from our kisses.
I was exhausted, but way too happy to fall asleep. Cassie got up, leaving my arms empty. “Where you going?” she walked around the room and picked up her clothes off the floor. I watched her, admiring her body.
“I’m hungry,” she slipped her undershirt over her head and was about to pull on her shorts when she dumped them and grabbed my boxers. “I’m gonna borrow these.” She winked at me and left the room.
I sat up, running my hand through my hair. After a moment, I got out of bed, walking over to my dresser and pulling out a fresh pair of boxers. Then I walked in the bathroom and started the shower. I gave it a minute for the water to get hot, grabbing a towel and then jumping inside.
Ten minutes later, I came out, drying off, and putting my boxers on. I smelled bacon and eggs. I walked in the kitchen where I found Cassie at the stove, flipping some bacon over in a pan. I walked up and kissed the back of her head, “This smells good.”
“Why thank you. I told you I had secret talents,” she laughed and fed me a piece of bacon. She looked at the time on her cell phone. “It’s only 7:15. What are we going to do for the rest of the night?”
“I don’t know,” I said sitting at the table. Then I gave her a devilish grin, “I’m sure I can think of a few things though,” she laughed and slapped me playfully on the arm and ruffled my damp hair. Then she piled my plate high with eggs, bacon, and sausage links.
“No seriously. What are the guys doing tonight?”
` “Shit!” I remembered a very important event.
“What?” she wondered, surprised at my sudden outburst.
“Shit,” I repeated. “It’s Drake’s birthday. He’s having a party tonight. I can’t believe I forgot.” I started eating, trying to finish quickly. She fixed herself a plate and sat down beside me.
“Well you were a little preoccupied,” she smiled.
We finished eating and got dressed and ready to go. We were leaving the house thirty minutes later and heading downstairs to the parking lot. Cassie had the mini-cooper tonight because Angie and Jack were out with friends. We decided to take the coop, my nickname for the little yellow car. We jumped inside and I gave her directions to Drake’s house, which was located on the very outskirts of Bridgeport. He lived in a nice secluded neighborhood that the railroad ran through. It rural enough to be the perfect place to have a party.
“Do we have to stay for very long?” she asked eyeing the house with people bustling in and out of it.
I put my hand on her leg and rubbed her thigh. “It’ll be okay honey, I promise. I’ll see if we can leave before midnight.”
She nodded and we got out of the car. I grabbed her hand, pulling her close and throwing my arm over her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around my waist. We made our way to the front door and headed inside.
Drake saw us from across the living room. He stood up on the table, knocking over beer cans and bottles. “Hey hey hey!! Look who it is ladies and gents!” he shouted over the speakers, which was blaring some rap song with a lot of bass. Everyone looked over at us.
“Happy birthday!” I called out to him
Drake got someone to help him down from the table and then he made his way over to us, smiling and laughing. “Where were you guys? I thought you weren’t going to make it,” he turned to me and we did this handshake/hug type deal. Then Drake turned to Cassie, taking her in his arms and twirling her around. “So where’s my present?” We just laughed at him and went around him. He stared off at us, “Wait, I’m being serious!”
Cassie and I walked hand-in-hand mingling with everyone.
“Oh there’s Becca and Court,” she said standing on her tiptoes, looking over the crowd and waving. She turned back to me, “I’ll meet you in a bit?” It came out as a question.
I nodded and she smiled, leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek. She started to walk off but was drawn back because I didn’t let go of her hand. She turned around, a questioning look on her face. I smiled at her and pulled her back to me, kissing her on the lips instead. She gave me a big smile and I let her go, watching her walk away to her friends. Marcus walked up, he’d been watching from a distance.
“What’s up with you two?” he asked.
“What are you talking about?”
“You two are just acting different. More googly eyes-like than usual,” he said.
I shrugged. He had a Red Bull in one hand and a beer in the other. He started to hand me the Red Bull but I reached out and grabbed the beer instead. He stepped back surprised as I opened the bottle and took a big swig of it. He kept staring at me, studying my face for any kind of answer. I was about to walk away from his stare when he looked like he’d come to a conclusion. He gave me a knowing look.
“You did it with her didn’t you?”
“What?” I asked pretending to be perplexed and a little offended. I started to walk away again but he followed beside me like a puppy dog.
“Oh no,” he said shaking his head, “you can’t do that to me, Fielding. Admit it! You did the na-na with Cassie!”
I just laughed.
“I knew it!” he said snapping.
“Shhh! Don’t go around telling everybody. Damn,” I looked around, making sure no one had heard our conversation.
“Wait, am I the only one who knows?” I nodded again, taking another drink, finishing off the bottle. Drake passed by, two new beers in his hand. He handed one to Marcus and I grabbed the other one. He stared puzzled. Why is everyone staring at me??
“Hey, that was my drink! What’s up bro?” Drake asked throwing his hands up. He has had way too many drinks.
“Let’s just say, Jeremy has seen the light,” Marcus said slapping my shoulder.
Drake still looked confused. He looked at me with a questioning look. I kept my mouth shut and sipped my beer. Drake looked to Marcus then back to me and then back to Marcus who raised his eyebrows up and down and started humping the air.
“Oohhh!” I imagined a light bulb cutting on above Drake’s head. I just rolled my eyes and turned running into Travis.
“So how was it?” Drake asked as I walked away.
“How was what? What did I miss?” Drake started to tell him and I practically jumped over people to get away from them.
I was talking to an old friend a couple minutes later when I looked over to see Drake climbing on the table again. He stood up and yelled to everyone.
“Hey whores!” he got everyone’s attention then. “I’m fucking eighteen bitches!!!!” Everyone laughed and raised their beers. He jumped up and down. He stepped off the table and fell down. I rolled my eyes.
Thank you Captain Obvious….

**********

I walked back in the living room just in time to see Drake fall down. I resisted the urge to laugh and helped him up instead. “They need to cut you off.” I said steadying him on his feet. Suddenly he looked at me like I just turned into a giant Godzilla. He ran off screaming “NEVER!!”
I found Jeremy a couple feet away talking to a tall blonde girl. I walked up behind him, slipping my hand into his. “Gosh, Drake is sooo…” I paused, trying to think of an appropriate word for what exactly would describe Drake.
“Drunk?” Jeremy guessed.
“I was going to say dumb, but that works too.” I looked over to Blondie who was smiling at Jeremy. She definitely had a thing for him. She had on a very short skirt that showed off her very long legs. Her boobs were huge. I looked down at mine. They were average. I sighed in my head.
“What’s wrong?” Jeremy asked.
Wait. Did I do that out loud? “Nothing, just a little tired.”
“Oh. Well, this is Vanessa. Vanessa, this is Cassie,” I smiled at her, which she returned but I could tell it was completely fake. “Vanessa is an old friend of mine from high school,” he told me.
“How nice,” I said, looking over at her again.
She swayed a little, I could tell she had had a bit to drink.
“Hey, I’m feeling a little sick, can you take me upstairs?” I asked Jeremy. Tonight wasn’t as bad as it usually is but I had a terrible migraine coming on. I also just wanted to give an excuse to get Jeremy away from Vanessa’s hungry stare. She was practically “undressing him with her eyes” as they say.
“Sure,” he said to me, and then turned to Vanessa. “I’ll see you around sometime.”
I already turned around taking my hand out of his and started walking away. “Cass, wait!” I heard him behind me. He caught up with me and we headed upstairs.
About halfway up them, I noticed the beer in his hand. “Are you drinking?”
He looked down at it, as if he had forgotten he had it in his hand a shrugged. “Yeah. Just for tonight because I’m in a good mood.” He smiled at me.
“Mmmm,” I pretended to think. “I wonder why.”
We entered an empty room. It was decorated in seashells, the walls painted a light blue. There was a canopy bed in the middle of the room which I went over to and laid down graciously.
“So what’s wrong with you?” he asked sitting on the edge of the bed.
“My head hurts,” I said.
“That’s not what I meant…”
“So, Vanessa. She seems like a nice girl,” I said, a little bit of bitterness in my voice.
“Wait. Are you jealous?” he asked me. “I think you are. I think you’re jealous.” He smiled, loving this.
“Okay, Jeremy, yes, maybe a little bit. I’m sorry. But can you really blame me for being jealous of a tall, blonde-headed, busty bimbo who looks at my boyfriend like a piece of meat, her being the lion of course. She wants to pounce on you and—“
Jeremy kissed me. “Stop,” he said when he pulled back. “I love you.”
I groaned, “I’m sorry. Ugh I just don’t feel very good.
“You want me to go get you some aspirin?” he asked, starting to lift himself off the bed.
“No, I’ll get it. Besides, I gotta pee anyways. Want me to grab you a beer?” I asked noticing his was getting almost empty.
“Sure,” he laid back, stretching across the bed and putting his hands behind his head.
“You just wait right here baby,” I kissed him.
“I’ll always be waiting.”
I walked out of the room and ran to the bathroom across the hall. I tinkled and then looked through the medicine cabinets and found some Advil, hiding in the back. I grabbed it stuffing it in my pocket. I ran out and down the steps.
“Cassie,” I looked over and saw Becca waving. I walked over to her. “Where’s Jeremy?” she asked.
“Uh, upstairs, why?”
“Someone was asking for him.” She said shrugging. “Dance with me!”
“I would but I can’t.” I looked around and saw a semi-cute guy standing a few feet away. I grabbed her arm and dragged her over to him.
“Hey, this is Becca,” I said pushing her on him. “Dance with her!”
He shrugged and they started dancing together. More like grinding. I walked away laughing.
In the kitchen, I grabbed a beer and a coke and started back upstairs but got caught by Drake. He picked me up and carried back into the kitchen.
IT NEVER ENDS!!! I thought to myself as I tried to get Drake to let me down. Then all of a sudden I felt mushy stuff everywhere. I looked down. Cake.
“Drake, I’m going to KILL you when you’re sober.”