Status: Active

This Is How I'll Remember You

I Never Planned It.

Placing the half full wine glass to her lips Scarlet smiled at the photos that hung neatly on the wall before her. Many were of Brian and his family and she could tell just by looking at the smiles from the pictures that they were close; others were with the band, their passion for music jumping straight out of the photographs.

Slowly she turned tapping her glass absentmindedly before she met the gaze of the rock star smirking at her from the doorway, “You alright there?” He laughed at her and turned, walking back into the kitchen hearing her heels heading in his direction.

“Just fine,” She took a seat on a stool that was placed near the island which took up the majority of the middle of the kitchen and watched intently as Brian moved around. Smiling she placed her wine glass next to his beer and crossed her leg over the other. “Scar?” Scarlet looked up from picking at the hem of her dress and jumped down from the stool as Brian beckoned her to stand with him. Brian picked up the wooden spoon from the sauce he had made, “Try this.”

He placed the spoon to her lips, smiling contently when she praised him on the taste, “Here, stir the sauce for me.” He gently kissed her cheek and prepared vegetables beside her. Moving the spoon around the pan she looked over at the man beside her, his eyes focused and concentrated, his lips slightly parted and appealing to her as she looked over his body.

“Checking me out?” He smirked over at her, her cheeks turning a slight pink, “I know I’m irresistible, but control yourself, woman.” Grinning she turned her body back towards the cooker.

Brian placed the knife on the chopping board and moved towards Scarlet, her hair slightly swaying from the breeze that came through the open window beside her. Delicately, Brian placed his arms around her waist and rested his head on top of hers. Scarlet placed her hand on his and relaxed into his touch, extremely content with the moment.

“What are you thinking?” Brian mumbled against her hair. He felt her sigh against him as she turned in his arms.

“That I could freeze time,” Her smile faltering, “Or, the Earth would somehow move and England and California had a land border?” Brian laughed and held her closer.

“Nothing impossible then, Love?” She shrugged and unbuttoned the top button of his shirt.

“Not impossible,” She placed her arms around his neck, their noses touching before he placed his lips on hers, acting the complete opposite of what his rock star, tough exterior suggested he should be. He picked up the spoon and stirred the sauce, the fact that he was cooking slowly re-entered his mind but still he stared into her eyes.

The next morning the evening’s events whirled around inside Scarlet’s head, the alcohol doing its best to break her skull in half. She reached to the side of the bed where she knew she had thrown Brian’s shirt the night before and threw it over her body, her clothes hadn’t made it out of the living room. She kissed Brian on the cheek before leaving his room quietly being careful not to wake him.

Grinning to herself she looked into the mirror that was placed next to the stairs, laughing at her hair and make-up before making her way towards the kitchen. The smell of freshly-brewed coffee was all she could smell as her mind pictured a coffee cup, Scarlet was unaware that her brain could manifest smells, that’s when she reminded herself she was still half asleep.

Humming to herself she walked through the kitchen door and almost jumped in shock, her hand flying to her chest. A scream caught in her throat as she stared at the back of a tall figure.

“Morning,” Zack turned and stared at her attire, smirking at the lack of clothing before handing her a cup of coffee, “Looks like you need this more than I do.” He turned his back on her and poured himself another cup and followed after her taking a seat next at the small table outside. The overcast clouds were disappearing and the sun was rising, slowly raising the temperature.

Scarlet’s heart had only just started beating normal again, as she took a sip of her drink. The taste of coffee suddenly didn’t appeal to her and she longed for an English cup of tea, sat with her Father as they watched the early morning news.

Zack noticed her smile falter and tried to lighten the mood, “Good night last night?” He wiggled his eyebrows towards her and pointed at Brian’s shirt which hung loosely over her body.

“What this?” Scarlet picked up a bit of the shirt’s material and grinned, “This is all the range in the fashion world. It’s called the business woman meets party girl.” Zack’s brow furrowed before he realised she was joking and turned to look back the beach in front of them.

“Where is Prince Charming then?”

“Still seeing who will fit into the glass slipper,” She grinned at Zack, “You should go and see if it’s your size. Your dream might come true and he can whisk you off into the sunset like you’ve always wanted.”

Zack raised his eyebrows at her trying his hardest not to laugh, “Har-de-hah, quite the comedienne.”

Scarlet shrugged and pushed herself from the seat, “I try.” Moving to walk into the kitchen she grinned at Brian who was smirking at her from behind his own cup, moving his hand to high-five her as she passed.

“That’s my girl.” Zack’s head turned to glare at Brian who he hadn’t noticed had come into the room behind him.

“Bastard,” Zack’s glare turned to a laugh, “Another minute and she would be convinced she’s with the wrong guitarist.”

Scarlet’s laugh filled the kitchen before she turned back to Zack. She moved close to him and placed her arm around his shoulders, “No offence, Zack. I don’t think I could ever date a man who spilt coffee on himself.” She pointed to the coffee which didn’t exist on his shirt, quickly flicking his nose when he looked. She ran and hid behind Brian, who was laughing at his helpless friend.

“Twice!” Brian tried to control his laugh, “Twice in the space of ten minutes she’s had you.”

Zack feigned hurt and threw Brian a letter, “Got to go. Mum needs some help,” He yawned and stretched his arms above his head. He turned to leave before remembering something, “Band meeting is tomorrow.” And with that he was gone. Scarlet placed her head on Brian’s shoulder, slowly placing kisses on his neck.

Brian stepped down from the stool and took her hand in his, slowly twirling her and then holding her close. Gently swaying from side to side as they danced in the middle of the kitchen, Scarlet laughed, the happiest she had been in a long time and it was all thanks to the man who stood before her.

“I love you,” She whispered in to his ear, unsure on whether he had heard her. A smile placed firmly on his lips he pulled her closer to him, smirking at her attire. Knowing that she was his, and only his gave him a great sense of pride.

“I love you too, baby,” He whispered back at the same level. The two of them becoming lost in the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, love.

Thanks to those who commented:
gothique4
laceyvengeance
ladyofsorrows101

~Hannah.

PS. let me know if any of you would like to be in the story.