Memories Seem to Fade

Two.

It had been a year and captain douchebag here hadn’t asked Zacky out yet.
Well that was about to change very quickly.

My plan was to be put into action on February the 14th. Yep, Valentines Day.
This could either work or fall flat on its face. I’m seriously hoping for it to work.

Zacky hadn’t been to Disney since Jimmy had died. Anybody who knows Zacky knows he fucking lives at Disney land. It’s been a year, he should be ok.

“Briannnnn, where are you taking me?!”
“You’ll see! Just give me like, ten minutes”

Parking the car at Disney in Anaheim on Valentines Day is always a bastard. It seems that every whipped guy brings his spoilt girl here. Why can’t they visit on a day I’m not trying to win Zacky’s heart?

“Oh my God Brian. Just tell me what the fuck you’re doing and why I have to be blindfolded!?”

I took off his blindfold, which was actually just a tie I hadn’t worn in years, and watched his eyes light up....before going shallow again.

“Why have you brought me here...?”
“You need cheering up, and I have a plan.”
“Brian, I really don’t wanna be here”
“Sure ya do Zee, just give me a chance yeah?”

He looked hesitant but nodded anyway. This could be difficult.

We entered the park for free, because I had made special arrangements. I led him swiftly up towards the castle and knocked on the door.

“Brian, you can’t go in here, it’s not an actual castle. It’s just decoration...”
“Zachary dearest, you have wanted nothing more in life other than to be made to feel like a Princess for just one day. This is your one day.”

A worker opened up and led us through to the ‘courtyard’ which I’d had decorated especially. Ya know, fairy lights and candles and all that pretty shit. I’d got my sister to help, don’t tell Zack.

His face was exactly how I’d pictured it. Those perfect lips slightly agape, his green eyes shining as if he was about to cry and his vocal chords had seized up completely.
I slipped a black feathered plastic tiara onto his head and whispered an apology because it wasn’t pink like he’d always dreamed.

That’s when he started.

The tears flowed as if I’d broken his heart or...killed his new puppy or...something really bad like that.
He threw his arms around me and whispered those words I’d longed to hear from that mouth.

“I love you so much Brian... you really didn’t have to do this...”
“Sweet Zachary...I had to think of something to finally make you shed happy tears.”
“But how did you know? Jimmy was the only one who knew of my most perfect date ever”

I stared into his watering green eyes and sighed.

“Some things, you will never know. If there’s one thing that I will permit you to know, is that my rotten old heart has loved you for an obscene amount of time and my brain has just never quite connected with it to tell you so. For this, I deeply apologise and solemnly swear to tell you I love you for the rest of our days. Just please, grant me the ability to. I want to be yours, I’m ready to be yours”

He nodded and crashed our lips together.

Perfection.
♠ ♠ ♠
562. Short and sweet. Finished. Thoughts? x