Status: Active;;

Soul Meets Body

Only Place I Call Home

Today, was one of those days where I wish I had a full time job or better yet, a social life. I don’t do anything but lie around the house, listen to music or watch television. I don’t understand how people can have one when music and television is all you need in life. Screw everything else. Oh, I suppose throw food in there and that’s the life. I sighed to myself when I heard the door slam and knew that I am officially alone in this house. My parents leave for weeks without telling me where they are going and I refuse to ask because without them here it’s quiet unless my brother comes home.
I stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen to look for something to eat. I tell you, it’s all I do but yet I’m not at all big. No, I’m not skinny either. I guess, it’s the running I do. I couldn’t decide on what to eat. I was hungry and there was plenty of food here, it was just old. My parents defiantly need to restock on food. I opened the refrigerator door in hopes to find some food, nothing. I sighed, grabbing a can of red bull before shutting the door. I walked towards the living room, ready to settle back down to watching Criminal Minds when there was a knock on the door. I debated on whether to answer it or not. Curiosity got the best of me and I walked over to the door and slowly opened it to reveal my brother.
“What are you doing here?” I asked following him into the living room after he pushed the door opened.
“They’re gone, aren’t they?” He asked. I nodded.
“I figured. They’re never home.” He said sitting on the couch.
“I’m used to it.” I said sitting down beside him with my legs underneath me. He shrugged.
“Austin, what’s wrong?” I asked putting a hand on his shoulder.
“Nothing is wrong. I just came to visit.” He said. I looked at him then at the television.
“You’re leaving, aren’t you?” I asked. He snapped his head towards me then frowned.
“I’ll cancel. I don’t like the thought of you here by yourself for months.” He said.
“Screw that, Austin. Don’t cancel. Please, don’t ever do that to your fans. ” I said angrily.
“Then come with me.” He said. I shook my head.
“No, I can’t. I have a job. I’m responsible for things. I can’t, Austin.” I said.
“Come on, Taylor.” He said. I stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. He followed. I once again opened the refrigerator door and still nothing. I’m not sure how many times I can do that before realizing nothing new is going to be in there unless I put it there.
“It’ll be fun, Tay.” Austin said. I shut the door to the refrigerator and looked at him.
“Austin, no. Besides, what would I do going on tour. I’d just be in the way.” I said. He shook his head.
“You can meet my friends.” He said. My eyes widened. Austin never once said anything like that.
“All throughout high school I wasn’t allowed to meet your friends and now I’m the fucking failure of the family and you want me to meet your famous friend. No, thanks.” I said.
“That’s because you didn’t give a shit, Taylor.” He said. I stayed silent because I didn’t know what I wanted. I didn’t want to be here by myself but I also didn’t want Austin to cancel this tour and I didn’t know about meeting all his famous friends. I was skeptical about this all.
“Will you please think about it?” He asked grabbing my shoulders.
“When is the tour?” I asked.
“It’s not for another…what is today?” He asked looking around for a calendar.
“It’s the twenty fourth.” I said.
Well it’s not for another…five days. Better get to thinking, Tay.” He said hitting my arm playfully before walking back into the living room. I let a heavy sigh out. Five days to decide what to do. Actually, I didn’t need five days. I didn’t need a day. I didn’t even need an hour. I only needed a second before I realize what I wanted.
“Austin.” I said walking into the living room. He looked over at me from where he was.
“What will I be doing on this tour?” I smiled. He jumped up, pulling me into a hug.
“We’ll figure something out.” He said. I laughed.
“I’ve got to go make phone calls. I’ll call you later.” He said hugging me again before running out the door. Was I doing the right thing? How bad can one tour be? How bad can Austin’s friends be?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new story. It's going to feature The Maine but mainly just John O'Callaghan after a while. I hope you enjoy it. Leave some comments, please. I have great ideas for this story so please leave some comments for frequent updates.
In search for girlfriends for the guys. Leave a comment with the guy you want and your name.