Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

We'll be up in the desert.

Ashton's POV-

"Wake up, Ashton." Yelled my best friend, Ever, as she sits on me. "Get up, or you'll miss your flight."

"Ugh, get off, you're crushing me." I choke out, while I attempt pushing her off me.

"Sorry, but it takes a lot to wake you up." She says hoping off my back.

"Thank you." I breathe, as I sit up on my bed. "What time is it?"

"Ten to nine."

"Shit." I shout, hopping off my bed. "My flight leaves in an hour."

"That's what I've been saying."

This will be the first time in three years, that I'll be home for Christmas. Actually, this is the first time I'll be home in three years, period.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family more than everything, but I have a new life. I live in northern California, which isn't that far away from my home state, Arizona.

I live with my boyfriend of two and a half years, Brian. He plays bass in a band. So he's not home that much. When he's gone, my best friend, Ever stays with me.

My mom has been begging me to come back home soon. And since Brian will be on tour for the holidays; I decided this year would be a good time to go back home.

I gathered all my bags, and stuffed them in the car. I slowly got in to the car, while Ever hopped in to the drivers seat. We both sighed, before Ever popped in a CD. We bobbed our heads to the song, "Where U Goin" by The Arkells. Trying not to think about how I'll be gone soon.

We pulled up in front of the airport, and I took a deep breath.

"Come on." Ever said, as she stepped out of the car. I followed her out, then went to the back of the car. I helped her get my bags out of the back.
We walked up to the airports door, and Ever turned to me. "Okay, be safe, and have fun." she said, and flung her arms around me. "I swore I wasn't going to cry." She whimpered, while she blinked away on coming tears.

"No way, you can't cry." I exclaimed, as I hugged her back. "Because I'll cry."

We pulled away from our hug, and looked at each other. Our eyes, both had tears threatening to fall.

"I'll miss you." I said, wiping away a tear, which just slipped out.

"I'll miss you to, so much." She replied.

"I'll text you when I land."

"And then call me when you get home, and then everyday after that." She laughed, but gave me a serious look.

"Will do." I said, giving her one last hug.

"Take care my love." She called after me, as I began to walk away. I turned around and waved to her, before I had to enter search.

Being searched wasn’t as bad, as I heard it would be. The lady checked my ticket, and showed me to my seat. I had a window seat, which was nice. I was already tired by the time we took off, so I pulled out my ipod. I put my ear-buds in, and turned on “Dragging your feet in the mud” by Lydia. I leaned my head against the window, and started thinking about everything. About my life now, and how it use to be.

What would my life be like if I never left Arizona?

Would I be happier?

•••

Johns POV-

"Oh, you suck at this game!" I yelled at my friend Garrett, as he missed another cup, in beer pong.

"Sorry." He shrugged.

"Move over and let me play." My buddy Austin shouted, pushing Garrett aside. Austin is a pro, so of course he made the shot. "Yes," He cheered. "Drink up, Kirch."

Pat shook his head, and grabbed the cup. He quickly chugged it down, scrunching up his nose at the bitter taste. When it was all gone, he used his sleeve and wiped his mouth, “Yuck.” He muttered, sticking out his tongue.

I laughed, taking a sip of my drink, as my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out, hit answer, and pressed it up against my ear.

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone. "Oh, hey mom." After I said that, all the guys laughed. I rolled my eyes at them, and walked in to the other room.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"When will you be home?" She questioned. "The Bentley's are having a get together tonight, and I really think you should be there."

I sighed, "What time?"

"Be home around 7:00pm, okay?"

"I'll be there." I replied.

"Love you!" She said, happily into the phone.

"Love you too, ma." I responded, before hanging up the phone.

I looked at the clock; I had two hours before I had to be home. I reeked of alcohol, so a shower was a must. I went back into the other room, and said bye to the guys, before taking off.

•••

By the time I was all done getting ready, my mom was already at the Bentley's house. They live next-door to us, we've known then forever. I use to love hanging out there, that was until she left.

Ashton, she was my best friend. We grew up together, we were never apart, but she moved away three years ago. When she first moved to California, we kept in touch; however after a couple of months of her being gone, we stopped talking. She got busy with school, and I got busy with the band. After that, we just grew apart.

Two different states, two different people, two different lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY!!!!

I put the description out in January and I'm just now posting the first chapter! I have so much planned for this fic, and I hope you stick around and subscribe to see how it unfolds. :) I have a lot already done for this, but I didn't have the first chapter done until just yesterday! I am so bad at writing first chapters, and starting off stories. I promise it will get more exciting, so maybe you could leave me a comment telling me what you think so far!

You can check out the character Descriptions Here

Thanks for reading and thanks to everyone who subscribed before even knowing what it was about! :)