All You Need Is Love

Promises Of Ice Cream

I heard a faint knock on the door and my eyes popped open. I quickly remembered we were at the hospital, and the doctor was in the door way of Kara’s hospital room.

“Hello Mr. Way, I’m Dr. Hyde.” he said and held his hand out to shake mine.

He was a younger doctor, maybe about 25. He had brown hair and a cute baby face. I shook his hand as I stood up and smiled. We both looked over at Kara, who was still fast asleep.
“Her tests still have yet to come back, but you are more than welcome to go home. So far we haven’t noticed anything major. We can call you as soon as her tests come in.” I furrowed my eye brows in confusion.
“If you don’t know anything then how come you’re sending us home?”
“Because, as of now, there is no reason for her too be in the hospital. But if we find something that requires her to be in here we will let you know.”

I let out a sigh and nodded. “Well thank you.”
“It’s my job.” he flashed a smile, showing brilliant white smile. “We’ll call you in about a day or so. And don’t worry yourself too much.” he gave me one more smile and headed out the door.

A nurse came in soon after and took out Kara’s IV and gave us our discharge papers. I called Temperance, letting her know we are on our way home as I gathered mine and Kara’s things. She sat on the bed playing with her stuffed dog in her own world. I admired her innocents more than anything. The way she could make light of any situation.

“You ready to go princess?” she looked up at me and pushed her blonde hair back and smiled.
“Yes!” I laughed and picked her up.

She clung to me as we walked down the halls and into the elevator. I pushed the button to the bottom floor and kissed the side of my daughters head.
“I’m proud of you, Y’know that?” I said.
“Why’s that?”
“Because, you did very well in the hospital silly.” I said with a laugh.
“I had to silly.” she said mocking me.
I laughed. “Oh? And why is that?”
“because mommy promised me Ice Cream when we got home if I was good.”
“Oh, well that is a good reason to behave.” she nodded as the elevator door opened up.

***

I set Kara down as we entered the house and she went running to Temp as soon as she caught sight of her. She picked her up and held her close and smiled at me.
“you have no clue how happy I am that she is home.” she said to me.
“Oh I think I have an idea, I don’t think I could take another night sleeping in a chair.”

Temp set Kara down and she ran to her play room. I sat down on the couch with a sigh. Temprence stood, looking at me with a smile. I smirked at her.
“What?” she sat down next to me and snuggled her face into my back and sighed.
“You’re such an amazing person.” I laid back and put my arm around her.
“Why is that?”
“Because you’re my rock. You’re always so helpful with everything.”
“Well I have to be. I gotta protect my girls.”

She smiled at me and pecked my lips. I laid my head back and closed my eyes as I listed to my daughter in the other room singing to herself. A smile soon spread across my face as she made up words as she went. She defiantly had a creative streak in her, and I did everything I could to support it. Every drawing she made me got hung up in my drawing room. I never thought I would be so proud of my daughter as I was. I believed everything she did deserved an award.

I heard her running in here and soon felt her jump inbetween me and Temp.
“Mommy!” she yelled with a laugh.
“Kara!” she replied back.
“Remember when you said if I was good I’d get ice cream?”
“I think I can recall this.”
“well I was good! You can even ask daddy, he even said he was proud of me!”
“Did he now?” Temperance looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
“I’m very proud of her!” I said in defense.
“I guess we can go get Ice Cream.” she said.

Kara jumped up and ran too the door, trying to get it open. I followed behind her and picked her up, opening the door for us both. Temp was behind us, putting her flip flops on.
"You wanna drive or walk Karbear?" Temp asked her as I set her down.
"Walk, duh." she said as she grabbed my hand and Temps also.
"Damn, she defiantly as your drama queen attitude Gee." Temp said with a smile as we sung Kara in the air and started our walk to the Ice Cream stand.
"Oh whatever." I said and kissed her on the cheek.

The walk was a quite walk, Kara chatted to herself as me and Temp took in the outside air, something I was grateful too now I spent two nights in the stale hospital air. we soon got to the ice cream stand.

I picked Kara up so she could look at all the ice cream. she was in awe at all the flavors there were, and incredibly indecisive , just like her mother. She would pick on, and then decide another seemed so much better.
"Baby doll just pick on." I said with a laugh as he changed her mind again.
"Fine, I want the blue one."
"Are you sure?" she nodded and I set her down.

I gave our orders to the cashier and carried them over to the pick nick table. I watched as Kara dove into her cone and got blue all over herself instantly. I rolled my eyes and licked my cone as it dripped down onto my hand.

I watched as my wife cleaned up our daughter and smiled to myself. Every little detail of my life was so beyond perfect at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going on a update spree :D all my stories are getting on. so hopefully this creative streak will last for awhile and I will get back into the swing of writing and updating <<33