Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 5

Chapter 5
The next morning when I awoke my entire body was so sore that I could hardly move at all, Kate felt the exact same way, but we both had enormous smiles on our faces. We each had our own amount of fun last night.
“Good morning! Oh my gosh you should see your hair, it looks like we just had sex!” she screamed and was laughing. I laughed too, because she says the most random things, and even though they may sound dumb she is being brutally honest.
“Morning to you too! I'd rather have sex hair than have your hair. It looks like someone put a squirrel on you and it got lost on your head.” I laughed. She gave me a confused look.
“You know, you don't make any sense when you wake up,” she said and then laughed, which just had happened to make me laugh too, because I knew that she was right.
I reached across my bed to my side table to get my phone to see that I had twelve new text messages. My eyes widened. Twelve? That is a lot for nine in the morning the day after prom. I checked to see that most of them were from John, but one was from Anthony from a few hours ago. I opened that one and deleted all of the others.
“You looked really nice last night, thank you for bringing me with you,” it said, and it automatically made me smile. Does he happen to know the kind of affect that he has on me with just his words alone? I honestly thought that I looked like a mess last night, and he knew that too, but his words were really sweet.
The rest of the day consisted of Kathrine and I drinking coffee, and watching Spongebob Squarepants on Direct TV. It was quite a relaxing day for us to re-cooperate from the previous night, but one person was nagging on the back of my mind. One person who I knew never wanted to be more than just friends with me. The one person who had stolen my heart for months, who I could not just seem to shake off. I tried to ignore the thought of him for the entire day, and when he texted me I ignored it, or replied with little one word replies. It did not help that he was with his best friend who is like a brother to him. He acts differently when he is with him. He seems cold hearted, broken, and distant.
Kathrine and I have a ritual of talking to each other a lot about problems, and stories, and relationship stuff while we are laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It seems to calm both of us down, and it helps to let everything that is on our mind off of it. Tonight in Erica and Kathrine's dream talk we had one specific topic which had been on our minds for the entire day; Anthony.
“Erica, I know for a fact that you and Anthony are going to get together one day. I can just feel it. You know a gut feeling,” Kathrine said out of the blue.
“Kathrine, I don't think that is what is meant to happen. I think we weren't meant for love with each other is all. We are just meant to be friends nothing more,” I replied.
“Erica, we BOTH know that he wants you, he just is not man enough to come out and tell you, and he is not catching onto any of your signs, because he is scared. He does not want to loose you just as much as you do not want to loose him. You are best friends, and that is how it starts. The best relationships come from being best friends, and then it progresses. It might take years, months, weeks, or even days for him to realize it, but he will. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but he will realize it,” Kathrine explained.
“I am tired of waiting around for him to make up his mind, Kate, he is just playing with my heart, and I am tired of getting it broken so many times.”
“Well maybe moving on is what is best for you to do. You can do much better for now. He just needs to grow up before you can have any real type of relationship with him, and he needs to stop letting his friends tell him what to do, because that is not the way he should be living his life. He should be making his own choices, not have other people make them for him. It is okay to ask for advice once in a while, but do not let your friends control everything, including who you date.” She ranted on and on, but in the end both of us felt better, and I did realize that it was time to move on from him. Being in love with him was unhealthy for me, and it is taring me apart from the inside out over him, over the littlest things that he does. But not anymore, I am no longer going to let myself love him, because it will only end up in pain, and heartbreak.
I could not help that he was all that I thought about, and that he was all that I dreamed about at night in my sleep. In reality nothing was going to happen, I was just a memory waiting to be forgotten by him. He is just one of those guys who like to come up in my life and pretend to be my best friend for a while, and then once I fall for them extremely hard they disappear from my life like we never had any connection at all. It has only happened to me once before, but with a boy named Brandon.
Brandon use to be the sweetest boy I knew, and he loved everyone. Our friend introduced us, and we thought that we knew what love was and we thought that we had found it. We were wrong, well at least I was, he led me on and told me that he loved me, but in reality he was flirting with other girls and hooking up with them. At this point we had not actually met in person, but we talked on the phone a lot, and were always texting whenever we had a chance. One day, months after we finally did meet, everything changed. He told me that I was a pathetic girl who did not deserve to live, and that I had no friends. He told me that he was never my friend, and that he never really loved me. I was heartbroken; it was so terrible and devastating to me, because I believed every word that he said, and I hid myself from the world for a while. I did not talk to anyone, and I tried to figure out what I had did wrong.
Months later, after I had finally started to realize that I did not do anything wrong, and that he was just a jerk who I wasted my time on, I ran into him at the mall with Kathrine. He hugged me like we were the best of friends, and as if nothing had gone wrong between us. I was very angry at the least, but I was also a bit shocked. It did not help that butterflies had appeared at just the sound of his voice. But then he started flirting with Kathrine, and I could not help but feel as if I wanted to punch her for talking to him. I had never felt that way before until then, but when the feelings struck, well it struck hard.
I stormed off, trying not to burst into tears. I had never told Katherine about him before. I headed into the nearest store and hid in the back where no one would see me crying. I was so embarrassed that he would do that to me, but then again Kathrine is much prettier than I am, so it is not like it should be a surprise to me. She was everything that any guy wanted. She was tall, skinny, blonde, and beautiful. She also has the bluest eyes anyone has ever seen, and her teeth are perfectly aligned. I get jealous of her every time I take a look at her, because she always looks so perfect without even trying, and I look horrible no matter what I do to try to change that.
Weeks later I came to find out that him and Katherine had begun dating, and it was heart wrenching, but what was I to say? I was not going to be a bad friend and tell her who she can and cannot date, it did not help that she was falling hard for him too. I just distanced myself from her for a while, and he ended up breaking up with her because he thought she cheated on him. At that point he began talking to me again, when he was with Katherine. He always asked me questions about her, and the little things that she liked. He treated me as if we were best friends and we did not even have a past.
The boy ended up breaking my heart plenty more times, but I finally got over him. I finally got to the point where I am strong enough so that I do not go running back into his arms, but I think that I am, in a way, repeating the same thing over again just with Anthony rather than with Brandon. I really do not want that to be the case, so I should probably try and stop it now before it becomes what had happened in the past.