Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 9

The next morning, I woke up with a stir. I sat up and looked around the hotel room. I glanced over to Kaitlyn’s side of the room. She was throwing all of her clothes around. I raised my eyebrow before making letting her know I was awake.

“Ummm…”

She turned around, let out a huge sigh and leaped onto my bed.

“Thank GOD you’re awake! You need to help me.”

I rubbed my eyes then stretched my arms above my head.

“Help you with what?”

She walked over towards her bed and stretched her arm out as if she was Vanna White, putting her “arrangement” of clothes on display.

“I don’t know what to wear to the game.”

I sighed. “Well, didn’t you pack something for it? You knew we were going to the game.”

“Yes, I did know that. What I didn’t know, however, was how FREAKING adorable and sexy his teammates were.”

I was about to lay back down, but instead my mind clicked and I snapped my head towards her.

“Ummm….excuse me, do you hear yourself right now? You want to plan an outfit just to impress a guy? I’m assuming this guy is Kris, and if it is, you don’t have to impress him. He saw you right after you got off a plane after a long ass day at school and he flirted the tail off of you. You don’t need to impress him, hun. I think you got him hooked already.”

She raised an eyebrow at me, with a small smirk on her face. “You really think so?”

I giggled as she began to play with a t-shirt. I got up out of bed and walked over to my purse. I looked over my shoulder to see her still playing with the shirt, deep in thought. I pulled out my phone. I walked over to her while I searched through my phone. When I found what I was looking for, I shoved my phone in front of her face. Her eyes grazed the screen and then she turned to me wide-eyed.

“Seriously?”

I nodded. “I don’t mean to say this but, I told you so.”

She stuck her tongue out at me then went back to attacking her pile of clothes.

“I still don’t know what to wear.”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. “Oh lord.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours later

We had got our outfits planned out for the game, but decided to go out for lunch and explore some of Pittsburgh for a bit.

“So, this may sound like a stupid question, but where do we go?”

I stopped in my step and turned to face Kaitlyn. “You know, that’s not a stupid question at all. I was just going to start walking and hope we’d find some nice place to go to lunch.”

My joyous friend happily shrugged her shoulders and nodded. “Okay, but wouldn’t texting or calling Sid give us a better idea of what places are close to where we are that way we still have time to get back to the hotel to get ready for the game?”

I pondered on that for a moment before nodding myself. “You’re right. I’ll text him right now.”

I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Hey. Are you busy?

I put my phone back into my pocket, the ringer was loud enough that I’d hear if he replied. I turned my head towards the spot where my friend stood. However, she was no longer there. I furrowed by eyebrows and looked around. Luckily we weren’t too far from the hotel, so I knew relatively where we were. I walked a few steps forward to see if I could see her. Smiling to myself, I saw her peeking into the window of a clothing store. I walked up beside her and looked in the window myself. I could see why she stopped. The clothes were very cute. I could sense that Kaitlyn would want to go in to this store after lunch.

My instincts were wrong. Kaitlyn didn’t want to wait until after lunch. She stood outside the window for a few more minutes then walked into the store. I chuckled as I followed her in. As soon as I walked through the door, my phone went off in my pocket. I took one glance at the caller ID. A huge grin appeared on my face. I stepped out of the store to answer it.

“Hey.”

“Hey. What’s up?”

I leaned against the window sill of the window that Kaitlyn and I were looking through just seconds prior.

“Well, Kaitlyn and I decided to go out for lunch, but then we realized that we don’t know where in God’s name we are.”

I heard him laugh on the other end.

“Well, you’re close to a little place called Luke’s. It’s a great little eatery. You’ll love it.”

I looked around from where I stood to see if I could see this place that he was talking about. I looked at the signs on each building and couldn’t see it.

“Well, I don’t see it from where I am, but I may need to walk a little further down the street.”

“Actually, you’re looking on the wrong side of the street.”

I pulled my phone away from my ear, looked at it while I raised an eyebrow. Bringing it back to my ear, I questioned him.

“Sidney Patrick Crosby, are you spying on me?” I made sure I didn’t say his name too loud then smirked.

Now, what makes you say that?”

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the smiling faces of Sid, Kris and two other men. I pulled Sid into a huge hug. When I pulled away I looked at Kris and gave him a small smirk. He looked down and I swore I could see the crimson flush his cheeks. Sid put a hand on my lower back and introduced me to the other two guys who I had never met before.

“Steph, this is Max and Jordan. They’re also teammates of mine and Kris’.”

I smiled and shook their hands. I was a little intimidated by Jordan’s height, but I didn’t really think about it too much.

“It’s nice to meet both of you.” I turned to Sid, “so where is this ‘Luke’s’ place? I’m getting really hungry.”

All the guys chuckled and Max spoke up.

“Hey, I got an idea! Why don’t you go get your friend and we’ll all go to lunch. I know I’d like to hear all about your and Sid’s summer of love, I’m sure Staalsy over here would too.”

Jordan shook his head. “Actually, I don’t really care, but I am pretty hungry.”

I chuckled at both of them. “Okay, I’ll go get Kaitlyn and then we’ll head to Luke’s.”

The boys all nodded. Sid gave a made a small squeeze before he let me go inside. I smiled at him as I opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

I stood outside of the clothing store with the boys. Max and Jordan were rambling out
what they were going to order at Luke’s, while Kris looked like he was staring off into space. I walked up beside him.

“You feeling alright, buddy?”

He looked at me like a dear in headlights. “Uh, yea. I’m fine. I’m good, just hungry.”

I gave him a skeptical look, thinking that he was hiding something, but I let it go. Jordan turned to me.

“So, Sid you told us that you met Steph back home. Is she from there?”

I shook my head. “No, she lives in Brantford, Ontario. She went Down East for the summer. I met her in a Horton’s parking, believe it or not.”

Max laughed out loud. “That’s classic! That should be there new slogan, ‘Come for the coffee, leave with love. Sidney Crosby did.’ You thought they were busy now. Put that slogan on every sign with a picture of you and her, and there’ll be a Horton’s in every city….everywhere!”

Kris and Jordan joined in on the laughter, but it stopped suddenly. I raised my eyebrow at them, then I heard a voice from behind us.

“What’s so funny, boys?”

I turned around and grabbed Steph’s hand. “I told a joke, but it was kind of inappropriate.”

Steph rolled her eyes. “You? Tell a funny joke? Sid, I love you, but honey, you don’t tell the best jokes.”

Max walked over and wrapped his arms around Steph in a bear hug. “SHE’S PERFECT!” He screamed at me, then whispered, “can we keep her?”

I chuckled. “That’s up to her, not me.”

Jordan whistled. “Ooo, sounds like someone’s whipped already.”

I rolled my eyes and was about to retort but Steph cut me off.

“Okay, enough of picking on Sid. Max, Jordan, this is my best friend Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn, this is Jordan and Max, they play with Kris and Sid.”

Kaitlyn smiled, shook both of their hands, and then we were off to Luke’s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

Just as the boys walked us back to the hotel after lunch, Kris lightly pulled on my arm. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. He held out the bag that I noticed he had been carrying around all day. I smirked at him.

“What’s this?”

He looked to the ground, before softly speaking. “It’s for Kaitlyn. I was hoping she’d wear it to the game.” I went to pull whatever it was out when he pushed my hand away, “NO! Wait ‘til your upstairs, okay?”

I nodded my head slowly, “Okay… do I tell her it’s from you or no?”

He shrugged his shoulders, “well she won’t believe you bought it, cause you were with her all day, right?”

I smirked. “You got me there. Okay, I’ll tell her it’s from you, then.”

He nodded and we both walked over to where everyone else was standing. Kaitlyn gave me a strange look, but I shrugged it off. I gave all the boys a hug and wished them good luck in the game.

“You’ll be coming down to the locker rooms after the game, right?”

I saw the Sid was standing right behind me. I turned around and shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know. I mean, would Kaitlyn come with me?”

Sid nodded with a little smirk.

“Of course she can. Besides, I think you and I both know a certain Frenchman who wouldn’t mind that at all.”

I gave him a smile. I pulled him in for a hug and a light kiss on the lips, then walked into the hotel. Kaitlyn followed closely behind, after saying goodbye to the boys.

Getting up to our room, I let Kaitlyn use the bathroom first, since I still had to find shirt to wear under my jersey. Just as I was unzipped my luggage to look for a shirt, I remembered the bag that Kris gave me. I picked it up off the floor, walked up to the bathroom door and knocked. Kaitlyn yelled through the door.

“You said I could have it first!”

I chuckled. “And I stand by that, but I have something for you. It’s recommended you wear it tonight.”

She stuck her head out the door, and raised her eyebrow at me. “What are you talking about, woman?”

I handed her the bag. “Don’t ask questions, just get dressed.”

She closed the door and I walked back over to my luggage chuckling to myself. I was excited to see what was in that bag, my mind wandering as to what it could be.

”AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHh!!!” I heard Kaitlyn scream from the bathroom. I ran over to the door.

“What’s wrong?” I was sure it was an excited scream, but that was word vomit. I stood outside the door and I heard it open. When Kaitlyn came out, my mouth dropped.

Looking over her outfit, a huge grin spread across my face. Kaitlyn spun around and squealed.

“Can you believe this? A jersey!? I get to wear a jersey!!”

She started to jump up and down, but I put my hands on her shoulders to calm her down a little bit. I looked her in the eyes.

“Now you see, you don’t need to worry if he likes you anymore. He gave you his jersey. That’s gotta tell you something.”

She nodded with a huge smile on her face.

“Now get dressed so we can head out.”

I chuckled and gave her an “army salute.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

I gathered my clothes, changed, and we were on our way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was so happy to write this chapter!! A certain someone had been bugging me for it, but I was more than happy to write this!! =)

Hope you all enjoy. =)

Thanks to all that have commented so far. Keep em coming!!!