Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 10

Both Kaitlyn and I were more than excited to find our seats once we walked into the Mellon arena. When we reached the stands, it was already packed with people. It wasn’t tricky to get to our seats, seeing as they were on the end of a row. Sitting down, I turned to Kaitlyn with a huge smile on my face.

“This is awesome!” She smiled back at me.

“I know! I can’t believe we’re here. As much as I hated not having you around for the summer, I’m so happy you met that boy.”

I gave her a playful smirk. “I’m happy I did, too.”

We looked around the arena as the lights dimmed and we heard a voice announce.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your very own Pittsburgh Penguins!”

Kaitlyn and I jumped out of our chairs and began screaming with the crowd as they introduced the players one by one. When Kris came out, Kaitlyn screamed so loud, I thought my ears would burst. I couldn’t harp on her though. When I heard Sidney’s name, I latched onto Kaitlyn’s arm and screamed like I was screaming my last breath. After the team came out and we sat back down, we looked at each other and burst out laughing. How two hockey players could make us act like such goofballs, we’ll never know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the first period, the Pens were down by a goal. They were playing well, but the Rangers got a lucky chance on the power play. As the boys were making their way back to the locker room, Sid looked up at our seats. We locked eyes for a couple seconds. I gave him a small wave and a smile. Kaitlyn turned to me as soon as I relaxed back in my seat. She gave me a strange look.

“What’s the look for?”

She rolled her eyes and smirked. “Girl, you got it bad.”

I stuck my tongue out at her. “Well, I could say the same about you and a certain Frenchman.”

She blushed and tried to change the subject. “You know, I’m kinda thirsty. You want something to drink?”

I nodded my head. “Sure, I’ll have a Coke, thanks.”

She smiled and scooted out of our row, onto the stairs. “Okay, I’ll be right back.”

I chuckled to myself as she walked away thinking of how childish she was acting. A few seconds later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it was a blonde, busty bimbo, who looked like she used 50$ worth of make-up daily. I didn’t want to be rude, so I smiled and greeted her politely.

“Yes?”

She gave me a fake smile and in a all-too-perky voice said: “so how do you know Sid?”

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Excuse me?”

She scoffed. “Please, you don’t have to play dumb with me. I saw the way you just looked at him as he was walking from the bench as the period ended. So, I ask you again, how do you know him?”

My jaw dropped slightly. I didn’t really expect this, but I tried to play it off the best I could. “I’m sorry, but I think you read a little too into that. I’m just a fan. I saw him look up here, so I waved.”

She rolled her eyes. “Okay, if you expect me to believe that, sunshine, you got another thing coming.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I’m not asking you to believe it, I’m just telling you my side. Take from it what you will.”

I turned back around and heard her whisper to her friend. “Puck bunny.”

I whipped my head around. I heard that term a few times before and knew what it meant and it definitely wasn’t the definition of what I was. I was Sidney’s ….well I still wasn’t sure yet, but a puck bunny I was not.

“Listen, you can call me a puck bunny all you want, but if you’re going to do it, please say it to my face.”

She smirked at me and leaned in closer. “Puck bunny.”

I could tell she was half-expecting me to pounce on her and begin a scrap, but I was about to stoop to that level. I simply nodded and gave her my best smile. “Thank you.”

She gave me a confused look as I turned around once again. It wasn’t long after that Kaitlyn came back. She handed me my drink, and just before she was about to sit down, the girl behind me started up again.

“So, you must be the other puck bunny.”

Kaitlyn’s head snapped over to the busty bimbo. “Excuse me?!”

I stood up and tried to calm Kaitlyn down, but her eyes were locked on the bimbo. If looks could kill, the bimbo would have died about 12 times already. She stood up herself and leaned over towards Kaitlyn.

“I said, you must be the other puck bunny. So tell me, is Kris the flavor of the week, or are you just gonna fuck and chuck after tonight?”

I could tell that Kaitlyn was beginning to tense up. I put my hand on her arm and made her look at me.

“Hey, just ignore her. She’s just trying to get under our skin. Don’t let her win. Let’s just sit down and watch the rest of the game, okay?”

Kaitlyn sighed and slowly began to sit back down, but not before glaring at the bitch behind us one last time. Thankfully she shut up for the remainder of the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game finished with the Pens winning 4-3. Sidney got a goal and Kris got two assists. Kaitlyn and I waited some of the crowd to disperse before we got out of our seats. I got a text from Sid during the second intermission telling me where Kaitlyn and I needed to go to get to the locker rooms. I got off my seat and began to walk up the stairs with Kaitlyn right behind me when I bumped into someone. Looking up, I was about to apologize until I saw who it was. The bimbo. She glared at me.

“You wanna watch where you’re going, puck slut?”

I kept my cool, and just gave her a sympathetic smile.

“I’m sorry. Please, after you.” I stretched my arm out in front of me. Her face scrunched up, which quickly turned into a dirty look. She turned on her heel and walked away. I looked behind me at Kaitlyn. “Please tell me that’s the last time we see her.”

Kaitlyn shrugged her shoulders. “I wish I could tell you that, but sadly, I can’t.”

It was my turn to shrug my shoulders. The two of us walked up the stairs and followed the instructions that Sid gave to the best of our abilities. We walked through the halls and noted all of the historic moments that happened in this building. We were so wrapped up in the plaques and trophies on the walls that we ended up at a dead end….and completely lost. We turned around and began to walk in the other direction.

“You know, since we’re lost, why don’t you just text him?”

I looked over at Kaitlyn. Sometimes, I wondered what I would do without her. Oh, I know. Completely lost. I nodded and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Hey, don’t laugh but we’re lost.

Kaitlyn and I leaned against the wall of the hallway as I waited for my phone to beep again. I was thinking it would be a little while, seeing as it might have interviews or something. However, my phone went off quite quickly.

Hey. I’m not laughing at you, Max is though haha. Where are you right now?

I texted him and he was quick to tell us where to go. So for the second time, we were on the hunt for the locker rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

I was sitting in the locker room after wrapping up my interviews, waiting for Steph and Kaitlyn to get here. I realized that it might be better if I took a quick shower before they came in. I walked over to Max, who as usual, got to the shower first.

“Hey, when Steph and Kaitlyn get here can you tell them that I’ll be out as soon as I can. I’m just gonna hop in the shower.”

Max smirked. “Sure, those girls are awesome.”

I raised my eyebrow at my flirty friend. “Max….”

He raised his arms in defense. “Hey, I’m not gonna do anything. I know Steph’s yours and Kaitlyn is Kris’, that is, of course, if he’ll ever man up and do something about it. It’s so obvious.”

I lightly chuckled to myself and walked to the showers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

“Oh, thank god.” I said as we finally reached the locker room. I patted my hands on the door like it was some kind of holy gate I’ve been fighting my whole life to reach. Kaitlyn laughed at me.

“You can be such a freak sometimes.” I stuck my tongue at her.

“Come on, tell me you’re not happy that we’ve finally made it here. You get to see Kris.”

She blushed and put her gaze on the floor. I was about to comment when I heard a voice loudly greet us as the door opened. I

“Ladies!! Please come in. Steph, Sid’s in the shower. He’ll be out in a minute…or…..you can go join him.” I chuckled at the goofy face of one of my favourite Frenchmen. I slapped his arm when he made the “join him” comment, though.

“Max! That’s just not right. Besides, I don’t like an audience.”

The room erupted with laughter. Sid walked out just as the laughs were dying down. He walked over to me with a smirk on his face. He took the towel that was around his neck and wrapped it around mine, pulling me closer to him. I beamed up at him.

“What’s so funny?”

I smirked and shrugged my shoulders. “Oh you know, just Max being Max.”

Sid chuckled, “you’ve known him for less than a day.”

I wrapped my arm around Max’s waist and gave Sid a goofy smile. “I know, but come on, this is more than obvious.”

Sid thought for a moment and then chuckled. “I got it. I got it.”

I followed him over to his stall. I sat down and waited for him. During that time, I looked around for Kaitlyn. I lost track of her just after we walked in. Sid noticed that I was looking around.

“Looking for Kaitlyn?” I nodded. “She’s right beside me.”

I stood up and walked around Sid and sat on the other side of him. I turned to Kaitlyn.

“Sorry I didn’t see you. My vision was blocked by a certain gigantic piece of ass.”

The room erupted in laughter once more. This time is was Jordan that spoke up.

“Hey Sid, seriously, this one’s gotta come down here more often.”

Sid looked over at me and shot me smile that, if I wasn’t already sitting, would make my knees give out completely.

“That’s what I’m hoping for.” I smiled at him, and then looked over at Jordan.

“Honestly, this is just because it’s the first night. Believe me, you’d get bored with me after a while.”

Jordan shook his head. “Somehow, I doubt that.”

I smiled at him. Kaitlyn nudged me and whispered in my ear.

“We gotta head back to the hotel to change before we go to Sid’s or wherever it is that we’re going.”

I nodded and stood up off the bench. I turned to Sid.

“Well, we’re going to head back to the hotel. We gotta change. You’ll text me with where you’ll all be?”

Sid slipped a shirt on and turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

“Why do you gotta change? You got shirts on under the jerseys, right?”

We both nodded and Kris stepped in beside Sid.

“Well, you guys could leave the jerseys in my car and then we can head over to Sid’s? I’m driving you back to the hotel at the end of the night, anyways.”

I looked to Kaityln and gave a look that read What do you think? She shrugged her shoulders and nodded.

“Okay, sure. Yeah, that works for me.”

I smiled and couldn’t help but notice the huge smile that spread on Kris’ face.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the next one!! I can't believe I've written 11 chapters (including the prologue) in less than 30 days!!! That's insane!
I'm sorry there's not a lot of game action, but I hope the drama with the bimbo makes up for it =P.

Next chapter.... the "after party" at Sid's. and in this story, Sid does live "with" Mario, but it's in a guest house type thing. Therefore, he can have parties and what not, without causing a ruckus for the Lemieux's. =)

Oh, and remember, this is Sid's second season so the team still plays in the Mellon. Just wanted to clear that up!! =)

Hope you like it <3