Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 11

Walking out to the parking lot, I was gushing over how close Kaitlyn and Kris were walking beside each other. I remembered that Kris said he was our ride to Sid’s and back to the hotel at the end of the night. I didn’t want to be the awkward third wheel, so I looked up at Sid.

“Hey, do you think that I could ride to your house with you?”

He looked down at me with a sideways smile.

“Of course, you can. I might stop and sign autographs as we drive out of the parking lot, is that okay?”

I beamed up at him. “Sid, I’d be mad if you didn’t sign autographs.”

He nodded. “Okay, are you going to give Kaitlyn your jersey to put in Tanger’s car?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Can I keep it in your car? I really don’t want to interrupt them.”

We looked over at our friends and smirked. They were holding hands and both had goofy smiles on their faces. Sid chuckled. “Sure, I’m driving you to the airport tomorrow. No biggie.”

I smiled as we reached his car. Sid opened the car door for me. I turned my head to see Kaitlyn about to get into Kris’ car. She was whipping her head around, looking for me. I chuckled to myself before whistling to get her attention. She turned her head to look at me. Her mouth dropped and her eyebrow raised. I sent her a smirk, which she returned. She then hopped into Kris’ car and I stepped into Sid’s.

Just as Sid and I reached the exit of the parking lot, we noticed the crowd of people waiting for autographs. I couldn’t help but smile as Sid stopped his car and rolled down his window. People crowded his window trying to snap pictures and hand him pieces of paper, picture, jerseys and shirts to sign. I wasn’t hiding at all, but I wasn’t expecting fans to ask who I was. A couple of girls peeked their heads in the window and looked right at me.

“Who are you?”

I was taken aback by the question and didn’t know how to answer that. Sid looked back at me and luckily, saved me on this one. He focused his attention back on the fans.

“This is Steph.”

That answer wasn’t good enough for those girls.

“Is she your girlfriend?”

Sid looked around the crowd of fans, as more had huddled around the window to hear his answer. I was holding my breath, beginning to feel terrified as to what he might say. Then I heard his voice again.

“Yes, she is.” He turned his head to me again, and smiled before continuing. “You can expect to see her around for a long time.”

There was a mixed reaction to the news reaction of Sid’s declaration. He signed some more autographed. I was beginning to have an inner battle with myself about the result of Sid saying I was his girlfriend. I mean, I already felt like it, but we had never said the words before. When we finally pulled away from the crowd, Sid gave me a sideways glance.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry that I didn’t ask you beforehand, I just…”

I shook my head as I cut him off. “Sid it’s fine, really. I was just shocked when you said it, that’s all.”

He let out a long sigh. “So, you’re not mad?”

I let out a dry chuckle. “Why would I be mad?”

He smiled and began to tap the steering wheel happily. I was still a little worried, but I shrugged it off. I didn’t want Sid to worry about this. More than that, I wanted to happy. I was happy with Sid. It would just take some adjusting to being the official girlfriend of an NHLer.

“So, no one’s going to be at my place for a little while after we get there, so you can
make yourself at home.”

I gave him a small smile and nodded. Why can’t I get this outta my head? I should be happy about this.

We pulled up to a gate, and Sid pushed a few buttons and it opened. Driving through we passed a large mansion that looked like it could house damn near close to an entire city. My jaw dropped at the sight. We drove passed it and I began to get a bit confused. I turned to Sid with a raised eyebrow.

“Where are you taking me, Crosby?”

He turned to me just as he parked his car, and smirked. “Oh, didn’t you hear? I live out in a tent behind Mario’s house.”

I shook my head at him, and stepped out of the car. He walked around the car, grabbed my hand and walked me up the house that was a little ways behind Mario’s mansion. We walked through the door and I immediately went to his couch. I plopped down and I heard Sid laugh at me. I looked over at him and stuck my tongue out at him.

“Hey! You can’t tell me that you didn’t buy this couch because it was comfy as hell?”

He shrugged his shoulders and plopped down beside me. I stood up and began to walk around his living room. I saw pictures of his family and his teammates. What stuck out to me was a picture of the two of us. It was that same photo that his mom took with my camera. I picked it up and ran my fingers over it. I smiled at the memory.

“That was a good day.” I didn’t hear Sid walk up behind me. He put his arms around my waist. I leaned back into him. “So you wanna tell me what you were really thinking in the car?”

I sighed. “Sid, it’s nothing. It’s just my mind running wild with silly thoughts.”

He turned me around so I could face him. “Steph, you know you can tell me. Even if it’s a little thing, I can tell it’s bothering you.”

I put my head down, walked past him and sat on the couch. “It’s stupid.”

He sat down beside me. “I’m sure it’s not. Please, tell me.”

I lifted my head to meet his gaze. Once look at his face and I knew that I could trust him with all of my problems. I ran my hand through my hair and shifted my whole body. I was now sitting cross-legged on the couch facing Sid.

“I’m not even sure anymore. First, I was thinking that I don’t know what it’s like to be the girlfriend of a hockey player. …” I saw Sid’s face fall a little bit. I stretched out my arm to grab his hand. His eyes met mine and I felt so guilty.

“I’m the same guy that you met back in Halifax.”

I gave him a small smile. “Yes, you are, and I love that about you. It was just part of the shock of hearing you tell your fans that I was your girlfriend.” He nodded as I continued. “I thought about it the entire drive here. Just before we pulled up to the gate, I realized that thinking that was stupid. You are the same person. Nothing has to change at all.”

I saw that Sid’s face changed slightly. He now had a smidge of a smile gracing his features.

“Just remember one thing. Although people may take our picture, or ask us questions, this relationship belongs to no one but us. We don’t have to share anything with the outside world.”

I nodded and leaned into him. “I like the sound of that, cappy.”

He chuckled at the nickname that I picked up on tonight. “Good. Next time something is bothering you, please don’t hold it in so long, okay?”

I smiled at kissed him lightly on the lips. I pulled away and stood up from the couch. I was starting to walk away in search in the bathroom when Sid grabbed my arm. I looked down at him.

“So, that’s how it is? You think you can just kiss me and walk away?” I noticed his smirk as he stood up and my smile grew just that much wider. “It doesn’t work that way.”

I smirked. “Oh really, boyfriend? Then how does it work?”

He put his hands on my hips and slowly pulled me towards him until there was no more space between us as he whispered. “like this.”

He bent his head down and his lips crashed into mine. I smiled into the kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers entangling themselves in his chestnut locks. His tongue grazed my bottom lip begging for entrance. I was more than happy to oblige. Our tongues battled for dominance as Sid hands played with the hem of my jersey. As much as I didn’t want to, I pulled away. Sid gave me a confused look.

“Umm....that’s not exactly how I planned on this going.”

I sighed and leaned my head against his chest. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to freshen up before everyone gets here.”

Sid gave me a small smile and stretched his arm out. “Down that hallway, second door on your right.”

I smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “Thanks. I’ll be right out.”

I picked up my purse that I left by the front door and walked into the bathroom. I pulled my phone out of my purse before I did anything. I set it on the counter, planning to text Kaitlyn about the car ride. I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking of what else I had to pull out of my purse. I realized it was really just a touch-up on my mascara and lip-gloss. I reached my hand into my purse to search for my mascara, when my phone rang. I jumped at the noise, since I only expected my phone to vibrate signaling a text message. I quickly picked it up, not really caring about who was on the other end.

“Hello.”

“Hey, am I interrupting something?” I could hear Kaitlyn smirking into the phone.

“No, I’m just in the bathroom freshening up. What time are you and Kris getting here? Better yet, where did you and Kris go?”

“We’re at Kris’. His place is amazing, so neat and tidy.”

I smirked, knowing that there was a little more to that story. I wasn’t going to push it just yet.

“I have something to tell you, and as much as I want to wait til you get here, it can’t.”

I heard her squeal. “Spill, girl, spill.”

I cleared my throat. “Well, it may or may not be official that I am Sid’s girlfriend.”

She squealed again. “Oh my god!! How… when… tell me everything!”

“I’ll go into details when I see you. I don’t want to be locked in here when people start to arrive I’ll see you soon, okay?”

“Okay. See you soon.”

I quickly applied a light coat of mascara and a thin layer of lip gloss and left the bathroom. I walked back into the living room and curled up on the couch beside Sid until guests began to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As people began filing in through the front door, Sid introduced me to everyone that I didn’t meet beforehand. When Kaitlyn and Kris arrived, I was pulled away from Sid and into the kitchen by Kaitlyn. She gave me an eager smile.

“Okay, so now you see me. Spill.”

I rolled my eyes. “We stopped at the exit of the parking lot of the arena. While he was signing autographs, fans asked what my name was and if I was his girlfriend. He answered their questions, simple as that.”

Kaitlyn’s jaw dropped. “Simple as that?!? Are you crazy?! This is great!”

I glared up at her. “Will you keep your voice down? Believe me, I think it’s great too, but it doesn’t really change anything. We feel the same way about each other as we did yesterday, today we just put the official label on it.”

Kaitlyn nodded. “Sorry. I’m just so happy for you.” She pulled me in for a tight hug.

I smiled at her. “Thanks. Hey, wait! What happened between you and Kris at his place?”

Kaitlyn beamed before she opened her mouth to spill what happened at Kris’ place.

“Well, I thought that we were following you and Sid here, but then we turned a corner. I asked him where we were going and he said he wanted to change into more comfortable clothes. I can’t say I blamed him. I wouldn’t want to come out to my friend’s house wearing a suit whenever everyone else is dressed more casual.” I nodded as she continued, “so when we pulled into his driveway, he came around and opened my door. True gentleman-like. Oh! I just remembered, I left my jersey at his place.”

I smirked. “You left your jersey there? Did you take it off, or did a certain Frenchman’s hands help you?”

She shook her head and rolled her eyes. “Oh gosh, Steph. I took it off myself. I see that you’re still wearing yours.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Yeah, I should probably take it off, huh?”

Kaitlyn shrugged her shoulders, “well, it’s up to you.”

I thought about it for a second, and then pulled the jersey off. As I folded it over my arm, I looked up to Kaitlyn with a smirk. She raised an eyebrow at me.

“What’s that look for?”

“I believe I saw that smile before.”

Kaitlyn smiled and I saw her cheeks begin to flush. “What smile?”

The smirk stayed on my face, “that one. You had that same look on your face when you read the text message that Sid sent to me about Kris wanting to spend some time with you this weekend.”

The tint on her cheeks went a deeper shade of pink. I walked up beside her, hooked my arm through hers and we walked back out into the living room. I was searching for Sid, when Kris walked up to us.

“Hey, where did you ladies run off to?”

I smiled. “Oh, just to the kitchen. You know, girl talk.”

He nodded. “Got it. Hey Steph, you want me to put that in my car for you? Unless you wanna carry it around all night.”

I shrugged my shoulders, and before I could give her an answer, the jersey was being pulled out of my grasp. I looked in the direction that the arm was coming.

“Why, hello there. Just what can I do for you?”

Sid returned my smirk. “Well, I was just going to put this in my room. That way, Tanger doesn’t have to go back out in the cold, and you don’t have to hold this all night.”

I smiled and let go of my grip on the jersey. “Thanks.”

He gave my hand a soft squeeze before he walked away. Kris and Kaitlyn turned to me and smirked. I rolled my eyes at them.

“Oh come on, you two are just as adorable as we are. You just hide it better, that’s all.”

The both looked at floor and blushed. I walked away with a proud smirk on my face. I saw max standing over with a group of people. I recognized the tall stature of Evgeni Malkin, who I was told to call Geno, and his girlfriend Oksana. But there was two people standing with them that must have came in while Kaitlyn and I were in the kitchen. I thought I should take the initiative and introduce myself. I walked up to Max pinched his arm lightly. He snapped his head towards me with a glare, but his face softened when he realized just who pinched him.

“Mon Cherie!” He gave me a hug. “Have you met everyone here?”

I looked around the circle. “Well, I met Geno and Oksana,” they smiled at me before I continued around the circle, “but no one else.”

Max put his arm around my shoulder. “Well, this is our goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, but we call him Flower. Beside him is his girlfriend Vero.” I smiled and shook Marc-Andre’s hand and gave Vero a hug. Max continued on, “then we have Tyler Kennedy, but we call him TK or Mouse, you choice. Beside him is his girlfriend…ummm…”

“Vanessa.” I looked up at her and my jaw dropped.

….the bimbo
♠ ♠ ♠
=O!! The bimbo's back!!

post-game after party part 1 or 2!! I was going to make this a little longer, but then realized that would've made the 2nd part really short.

hope you enjoy!!!!
<3 steph