Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 15

When Sid and I left the arena with Kaitlyn and Kris, I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face. Sid looked over at me and chuckled to himself.

“What’s got you so happy?”

I turned my head to face him as we continued walking hand-in-hand towards his rental car. I nodded my head towards Kaitlyn and Kris, who were walking really close with their arms around each other’s waists.

“Those two. I’m so happy for them. You know, that’s all because of us?”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “How do you figure?”

I smiled. “Well, if we hadn’t of met, those two wouldn’t have met. You know, they should really thank us.”

He smirked. “You mean, if we didn’t meet and fall madly, hopelessly and shamelessly in love?”

I rolled my eyes and ruffled my hand through his hair. “Yes, silly boy, when we fell madly in love.”

He mock-scoffed and pouted at me. “You didn’t fall madly in love with me?”

I lightly chuckled to myself. “Why of course, I did. I just met Max and it was all down-hill from there for you.”

He lightly pushed me and begun to walk ahead of me. “I see how it is.”

I stood with my hand on my hips and waited for him to turn around. I knew he would eventually. It took him a little longer than I thought, but he walked back over to me with a smirk on his face. He took my hands in his and leaned in to place a soft kiss on my lips. Pulling away he rested his forehead on mine and whispered.

“Come on, we got some celebrating to do.”

I smiled and followed him to the car. I looked over to Kaitlyn and Kris. It was as if this was all planned, rather than spontaneous, if you looked between us. Kaitlyn was already about to get into our car, when I was walking up to Sid’s car. I pulled out my phone and quickly sent her a text asking her if we were all meeting up somewhere or not. A part of me had hoped that her and Kris would go out on their own. Sitting in the car, strapping on my seatbelt, my phone went off in my hand.

Kris wants to take me out to dinner, but he said you and Sid can join.

I looked over at Sid. “Kaitlyn and Kris are going out to celebrate. Did you want to go with them?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s up to you. It doesn’t matter to me. We’re here all week. I can have dinner with Tanger tomorrow, if he wants to spend the tonight with Kaitlyn.”

“Or we could go on a double date with them or something?” He turned his head and looked at me in shock. I smiled as I continued. “there’s no trip, so Kaitlyn and I are here all week.”

His face broke out with a smile. “Okay, text Kaitlyn back and tell her that they can have their alone time tonight, but tomorrow the four of us will do something.”

I looked down at my phone and typed out a reply to Kaitlyn.

No, you and Kris should spend some time alone. But Sid said the four of us should do something tomorrow. Oh, and you’re welcome ;)

I put my phone in my purse and leaned back in my seat. Sid pulled out of the parking lot and reached across the middle console to slip his hand into mine. I turned my head to face him with a smile. We drove back to the hotel in a comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sid and I arrived at the hotel, we didn’t know which hotel room we were going to be in. I pulled out my phone and called Kaitlyn. It took longer than I expected, but finally the call was answered.

“Hello?”

I raised my eyebrow. “Kris?”

I heard him chuckle on the other end. “Yes, that would be my name. What can I do for you?”

I chuckled lightly, causing Sid to give me a strange lightly. “Well, can I speak to my best friend, please?”

I heard Kris hum to himself, but I could hear Kaitlyn faintly laughing in the background. “Kris, just put her on the phone.”

He chuckled. “Okay, okay. Here she is.”

I heard some giggling before Kaitlyn finally got on the phone. “Hey, what’s up? Where are you and Sid?”

“We’re at the hotel, which room are you guys in? Sid told me Kris is rooming with him, so we kinda need to know.”

Kaitlyn let out a small groan. “Oh, God. I did NOT need that mental picture. We’re in Kris and Sid’s room.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, get your mind out of the gutter. Sid needs his pre-game nap, and thank you.”

I hung up the phone and looked up at Sid. He smirked at me. “So, what’s the verdict?”

I rolled my eyes at him now. “Oh my, not you, too. You need your pre-game nap, and we’re going up to mine and Kaitlyn’s room since she and Kris are in yours.”

He kept the smirk on his face as he draped his arm over my shoulder and walked me into the hotel. We went into my hotel room and I didn’t know exactly what Sid’s routine was, but I knew better than to stay out of it. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I walked over to him, but wasn’t exactly sure how to act. I sat down in the chair about 10 feet about from him. He looked over at me and raised his eyebrow.

“You know, this wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when you suggested we come up to your hotel room.”

I shrugged my shoulders and let out a soft sigh. “Well, I don’t know your routine, I just remember you telling me back in the summer that you had one. So, I’m not exactly sure what to do. I don’t want to interfere with it.”

He threw his head back and let out a hearty chuckle before turning his head towards me. “Let me tell you something. Ever since I got back to Pittsbrugh, plenty of things have changed about my pre-game routine. Not major things, but the things I think about to get me focused certainly have changed.”

I gave him a quizzical look. “I’m not sure I follow.”

He patted the spot on the couch beside him, signaling me to go sit beside him. I did as he silently asked and waited for him to continue. “Well, I used to make sure I ate the same meal at the same time, which sometimes I still do. I also used to phone my dad before each game, which I don’t do as often anymore. All of my clothes would be laid out on the chair in my hotel room before I even laid down for my nap and I always thought of the Stanley Cup before each game. Now, while I usually do the same thing with my clothes, but there are days I slip up, but you know what the one constant thing was the always stayed in my mind since the summer?”

I shrugged my shoulders. I knew what I wished it would be, but I wasn’t about to assume anything. Sid rolled his eyes at me, as if to tell me I should’ve said it out loud. I gave him a small pout. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I deepened the kiss as I leaned into him and wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips left mine and travelled down to my neck and ran my hands through his hair. I bit my lip holding back a moan. Sid’s hand began to roam as one traveled down my side and the other was holding my head as he moved the two of us so we were lying on the couch. His lips caught mine again and I let my hand run down his chest over his shirt. He pulled away with a small smirk. I was breathless as I looked up at him hovering over me.

“That’s what I think of every day.”

I gave him a quizzical look. “You think of pinning me to a couch with your fat self every day.”

He stuck out his bottom lip at me, which I smirked at. I lifted my head and began to softly suck on his lip. I didn’t know what came over me. It took Sid off guard just a tiny bit, but it didn’t take him long to bring his hand up to graze my cheek as he kissed me back. He pulled away shortly after and rested his forehead against mine. Looking into my eyes, he whispered. “Come with me.”

I raised my eyebrow at him, not completely understanding him considering he was still hovering on top of me. Quickly though, I caught on as he raised himself to a standing position just beside the couch. I sat up and stood up from the couch. Sid grabbed my hand and walked me over to my bed. I was a little anxious as to what he was going to do next. He turned to face me and put his hands gingerly on my face. He placed a soft kiss on my lips.

“Nap time.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our nap, I got up and hopped in for a quick shower. I had my iPod playing so I didn’t hear the bathroom door open. I was lathering my shampoo in my hair when I felt a pair of hands on my waist. I jumped and turned around in shock. I looked a Sid with wide eyes as he smirked at me.

“What? I need to take a shower too, you know.”

I quickly turned around and tried to shield myself from him. He chuckled and turned my body slowly to face him.

“Steph, you’re beautiful.”

I felt myself blush as I turned away from him again. He chuckled from behind me. He placed a hand on my waist and leaned in to place a soft kiss on my shoulder. He whispered in my ear.

“Let me help you with that.”

He began to run his hand through my hair, rinsing out the shampoo. I felt myself tense up at first, not knowing what to do. Eventually, I felt myself bite back a moan his fingers moved smoothly through my hair. Once the shampoo was all out of my hair, he spun me towards him. I noticed the smirk on his face had grown a little bit.

“Now, would you mind?”

I raised an eyebrow at him. He held up the shampoo bottle and I began to giggle. We switched places and I washed his hair. As I finished rinsing out the shampoo, I felt him lightly push me against the shower wall. His lips began to attack my neck. As much as I was enjoying it, I had to push him away. He gave me a confused look.

“What is it?”

I shook my head. “Believe me, I would love to continue this, but your nap ran late and you still have to eat your pre-game meal.”

He smiled and gave me small peck on the lips.

“Do you have any idea how amazing you are?”
♠ ♠ ♠
...this was sorta a filler... sorry if it wasn't up to snuff, I just wanted to write something, before a chapter I've had in my head for a while now.....