Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 16 pt 1

Steph and I had a nice, quiet night to ourselves in my hotel room. It was a little less than peaceful at first, after a rough loss to the Leafs. I woke up with a slight bitter taste in my mouth. I always felt like crap waking up the morning after a loss. I rolled over just a little in bed, a smile forming on my face as I saw the sleeping face of Steph. I wasn’t sure what she had in mind, but as soon as she heard that Coach had given us the day off, her and Kaitlyn had decided on how to cheer Kris and I up.

“Stop watching me while I sleep.” I smiled as I heard Steph mumble into the blanket that was covering her mouth. Her eyes were still closed. I brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

“Well, I’m sorry, but I’m trying to figure out your magical “cheer up Sid and Kris” plan.”

She chuckled and opened her eyes. “Well, you’ll just have to be patient. All will be revealed shortly. Now get up and get dressed.”

I sat up, but looked down at her with a small smirk. “I’m going to have a shower first. Care to join me? It would save water.”

She rolled her eyes at me. “I have to call Kaitlyn and finalize plans for today. Now, go!”

I gave her a fake pout and walked into the washroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steph’s POV…

I waited until I heard the water begin to run before I sat up and pulled out my phone. I sat up and dialed Kaitlyn’s number. It rang a few times before I heard a yawn followed by a grunt on the other end.

“This better be important.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well that depends. How much do you want to cheer up your man today?”

I heard some shuffling on her end. She made a small squeak. I pulled my phone away from my ear and raised my eyebrow at it. I put it back against my ear, chuckling lightly to myself.

“What the hell was that?”

She nervously chuckled. “Uh… I’m gonna have to call you back.”

I raised my eyebrow. “Wait…what?” Then it clicked and my eyes went wide. “OH! Gotcha! Okay, call me when you unglue yourself from Kris.”

I was thinking she’d come back with a comment, but I got nothing. I closed my phone and laid back down on the bed. I waited until Sid came out of the washroom until I finally got out of bed. Luckily, I had brought my luggage into this room after the game, or else I would’ve had to interrupt whatever Kris and Kaitlyn were doing in the other room. I walked over to my luggage, pulled out an outfit to wear and walked towards the bathroom. I didn’t get very far before Sid reached for my arm, turning me around to face him. I raised an eyebrow at him as he pulled me closer to him. He smirked down to me before placing a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled away and the smirk was replaced with a small smile.

“I just wanted to say ‘Good Morning.’”

I smiled up at him before turning around, walking into the washroom, ready to take a shower and officially start the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 hours later

It felt like an eternity waiting for Kaitlyn to call me back, but in reality it was only about an hour. She waited until Kris went in for his shower to call me. We agreed to meet in the lobby after we ate room service for breakfast alone with our boyfriends. After Sid and I were done eating, he began to fire questions at me. He tried so hard to get me to tell him anything about what we had in store for the day.

“I’m not telling you anything, you’ll just have to be patient.” I chuckled.

He mock-pouted. I walked over to him and placed a light kiss on his lips. He smiled at me.

“Okay, that makes me feel a little better, but I’m still a little sad.”

I rolled my eyes and leaned up to kiss him again. He kissed back with fire. I reached up and linked my hands at the nape of his neck. He placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him. His tongue grazed my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I obliged and moaned as our tongues battled for dominance. My fingers got entangled in his hair as his lips travelled to my neck. My hands moved from his hair to his shoulders and began to travel down his arms. He wrapped an arm around my waist and moved us, so my back was now against the wall. One of his hands began to play with the hem of my shirt. His lips met mine again. I was glad that I was now leaning against the wall. His kiss could make my knees weak in seconds. He pulled away and looked in my eyes as he lightly tugged on the hem of my shirt. I was just about to nod and pull away from the wall when my phone rang. I sighed as I leaned my forehead against Sid’s. Sid whispered as he began to leave light kisses all over my face.

“Don’t answer it.”

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

“I can’t.”

Sid continued to leave feather-light kisses all over my face while whispering. “Sure, you can. Why do we have to go out? We can stay in. Tanger and Kaitlyn won’t mind.”

I lightly pushed him away as my phone went from a text ringtone to an incoming call ringtone.

“I have to answer it.”

I walked over and picked up my phone, answering it without even looking at the caller ID.

“Hello.”

I heard Kaitlyn sigh on the other end. “Well, it’s about time. What were you doing that was so important that you couldn’t answer your phone? On second thought, don’t answer that.”

I rolled my eyes. “Are you guys ready?”

“We’ve been ready for the last ten minutes. We’re in the lobby already waiting for your lazy asses.”

I looked over at Sid and gave him a small smile. “Okay, we’re on our way.”

Kaitlyn and I finished the call and I turned to Sid. “Get ready, they’re waiting for us.”

He tried the “pout” again and put his head down, looking at the floor. “Okay, let’s go.”

I rolled my eyes at him as I put my jacket and shoes on. He stood at the door, waiting for me.

“After you, m’lady.”

I smiled and walked out the door. We walked hand in hand to the elevator, ready to face the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sid’s POV

I was a little miffed that Steph stopped out ‘moment’ to talk on the phone, but I knew I wouldn’t be mad at her for long. I knew that the girls had a day planned, I was just being selfish. We met Tanger and Kaitlyn in the lobby, I walked right up to Kris.

“You got any clue what we’re doing?”

He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. “Not a one. She wouldn’t utter a peep about it other than to tell me to get ready and that I’d enjoy it.”

I nodded. “Yeah, same with Steph.”

We smiled and looked over at the girls who were deep in conversation about something or other. We walked over to try and listen in on what they were talking about, but Steph turned to face me.

“Okay, you guys ready?”

I looked over at Kris, then back at Steph and nodded.

“As ready as we’ll ever be.”

She smiled and slipped her hand into mine. The four of us walked out of the hotel and into the parking lot. I looked behind us to see if Steph and I were taking a separate vehicle than Kris and Kaitlyn. I leaned in and whispered into Steph’s ear.

“We all going in the same car?”

She turned to me with a small smile and a nod. “Yes, we are. It keeps the element of surprise in a little longer.”

I nodded and gave her a light kiss on the temple. We got to Kaitlyn’s car and the four of us piled in. I thought, to keep the surprise hidden a little better, the girls would’ve put Tanger and I together in the back seat, but it didn’t end up that way. Steph and I shared the backseat, while Kris and Kaitlyn sat up front. Kris turned to Kaitlyn as soon as we were all buckled in.

“So, are you going to tell us where we’re going yet?”

Steph and Kaitlyn answered in unison. “No!”

Kaitlyn started the car and pulled out of the hotel parking lot. With that, our day began.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

We pulled up to our first destination after many pestering questions from Kris. I was surprised that Sid didn’t join in on the pestering, but I think he knew a little better than to push my buttons. Kris, on the other hand, didn’t appear to be a big fan of surprises.

The four of us got out of the car, and Kaitlyn and I shared a smirk. The boy didn’t know what they were in for, but we hoped this would cheer them up. Walking up to the entrance of the building, Sid gripped my hand and pulled me aside. He had a confused look on his face.

“What is this?”

I had a small smirk on my face. “It’s Medieval Times.”

He looked back over at the building before looking down at me. “Oh. Well, what does that mean, exactly?”

I kept the smirk on my face as I kept a hold of his hand while I walked back towards the building.

“You’ll see.”

I pulled Sid into the building and I felt him relax shortly after walking in. I wasn’t sure exactly what Sid had expected out of this, but I had hoped it would cheer him up. We walked up to the greeters, who gave us our “colour”, which indicated which section on the theatre we sat in. Sid and I were blue. We walked past the greeter and continued into the “hall”. I was looking for Kris and Kaitlyn. I saw them over by the crowns. I lightly chuckled to myself. Sid squeezed my hand, which made me look up at him. He had a quizzical look on his face.

“What’s so funny?”

I pointed over to Kaitlyn and Kris. “She’s gonna want a crown, just you wait. I can see it now.”

We walked over to where they were standing. I let go of Sid’s hand and draped my arm around Kris’ shoulder.

“So Kris, what do you think of part one of your surprise?”

He looked down at me with a smirk on his face.

“Well, it hasn’t really started yet, but so far so good.”

I smiled at him and looked over at Kaitlyn. I noticed that the color of the card she had in her hand was not blue. My jaw dropped as I moved away from Kris and stood in front of Kaitlyn.

“No way, we’re against each other?”

I showed her my card and she looked just as shocked as I was. Her eyes shot up to meet mine.

“OH, you’re going down.” She put her arm around Kris’ waist. “Team Green all the way.”

I walked over to Sid and grabbed his hand. He gave me a confused look. I rolled my eyes at him.

“You’ll see, come on.”

I pulled him into the theatre and we walked to the blue section. When Sid sat down he was in awe. He looked over to me with a smile on his face.

“What is this place?”

I looked over at him from my seats. “Well, it’s a role-playing theatre. We’re going to be sitting here as if we were in the Medieval Times. Y’know, eat with your hands, cheer on your colour Knight, boo the others, the whole works.”

Sid looked over at me for a smile. “Sounds fun.”

I smiled and looked across the theatre at the green section and saw Kris and Kaitlyn sitting all cozy. I whistled loudly, hoping that they would hear me. I couldn’t whistle very well, but I made a loud enough noise that Kaitlyn looked over. I mock-glared at her, which she gladly returned. Sid put his arm around my shoulder.

“So, when does the show start?”

Just as I was about to answer him, the lights began to dim, signaling the start of the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the show..

Neither the blue nor the green knight won, but at least Sid had fun. That’s all I wanted out of this experience. I wanted him to forget about hockey and the loss and relax. After leaving the theatre, we were back in the theatre. Kris and Kaitlyn got there before us and we were not surprised to see them by the crown stand.

He chuckled himself and led me over to where they were. I laughed out loud when we were right behind them. Kaitlyn turned around and smirked at me.

“Don’t laugh, you know you want one too.”

Sid leaned in to whisper in my ear as I glanced at the crowns displayed for purchase.

“Do you want one?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “This day is about cheering you and Kris up, not buying me a crown.”

He looked down at me. “Well, what if I told you that seeing you happy with a crown on your head would cheer me up?”

I turned my head to look up at him with a goofy smile on my face. “I’d tell you to buy me a crown.”

He chuckled to himself as I picked one out. It was purple and really girly, but I loved it. I looked over at Kaitlyn and saw that Kris had bought her a crown too. She had turned to face me with a huge smile on her face. After the two of us girls gushed over our crowns, we decided the boys had to get something. We left the hall and were back in the entrance of the building. I pulled Sid aside and whispered.

“Did you have fun?”

He gave me a small smile and nodded. “Yes, I did. Thank you.”

I gave him a huge grin and place a soft kiss on his lips. “Well, it’s only the beginning,” I looked over at Kaitlyn and Kris, “You guys ready?”

Once Kaitlyn and Kris were finished having a stranger take a photo of them in front of the king’s throne, then looked over at me and nodded. We walked out of the building and back to Kaitlyn’s car.

As we pulled out of the parking lot, Kaitlyn got really excited.

“Okay! Time for part two.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.. here's Fun Day part one, I'm sorry if it's really bland. I just really love Medieval Times and I wanted to find a way to put it in the story. =/

I hope to have to second part up with weekend....no promises,though. I'm swamped with school work.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's greatly appreciated!!

<3 steph