Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter17

The ride back to the hotel was awkward. Where Sid and would normally cast occasional glances at each other and hold hands, Sid stared out the window and if he were any further away from me, he would’ve been out of the car. When we arrived to the hotel, it was as if I was following a stranger. Other than opening the car door for me, Sid didn’t acknowledge me at all. I looked back at Kaitlyn and Kris in the car and shrugged my shoulders. Kaitlyn gave me a puzzled look followed with a sympathetic smile. I walked into the hotel, hoping to find Sid before he got to the elevator. Luckily, he was still waiting for it when I got there. He gave me a quick glance and I noticed the sadness in his eyes. I wanted to reach out and place my hand on his arm, but I didn’t know what reaction that would get out of him. So, I spoke up instead as we stepped into the elevator.

“So…are you going to tell me what’s wrong with you, or are you going to ignore my all night?”

He didn’t say anything, just stood still, facing the elevator door. I didn’t know what to do. So I sighed and leaned against the wall of the elevator.

“Sid, please, tell me. What is Rebecca?”

I saw his jaw clench a little tighter and that was all the answer I needed. The elevator dinged and we walked out onto the hotel floor. Before Sid opened the door to “our” room, I grabbed his hand. He turned his head to look at me. I gave him a hopeful look.

“Please hear me out.”

He slowly nodded and we walked into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

I may have nodded, giving Steph the impression that she could “explain” Rebecca and what she said, but I knew that she didn’t really know what was bothering me. After walking into the hotel room, I reached into my bag for a change of clothes and swiftly walked into the bathroom, leaving Steph standing in the middle of the room, stunned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV…

I watched Sid walk into the bathroom without speaking to me. I sat on the bed and began to think about just what could have him acting like this. I thought about everything that happened leading up to his mood shift. Thinking back to talking to Rebecca and everything that was said.

“Are you embarrassed to be dating me?”

My eyes almost bugged out of my head as I turned to look at Sid. I got up off the bed and walked over to him. I grabbed a hold of his hands, which made him look me in the eyes.

“Are you crazy? Of course, I’m not embarrassed. What made you think that?”

He sighed as he pulled his hands out of my grip. He walked around me and sat on the bed.

“I don’t know. Rebecca said that you didn’t tell her that you and I are dating. Hell, she thinks I’m your friend.”

I sat down beside him and snaked my arm around his.

“Sid, don’t listen to a word Rebecca says. I’m not friends with her, so I didn’t feel like I had to tell her anything. She’s only nice to me when she wants something. If you don’t believe me, ask Kaitlyn.”

He sighed and ran his hands through her hair

“I believe you, Steph. I just had a moment of bad judgment. I’m sorry.”

I put my hand on his cheek and brought his lips to mine.

“It’s okay, but next time, if something’s bothering you, you can talk to me.”

He rested his forehead on mine and looked into my eyes.

“I will. So, who else besides Kaitlyn knows?”

I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Well, if you must know, only my family. Of course, some people have figured it out after seeing pictures online, but it’s not a big deal. Rebecca knows, she’s just trying to get under my skin. Apparently, she got under yours.”

He pulled away from me and laid on the bed. I craned my neck to look at him. He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. I moved so I was sitting beside him. I looked down at him and ran my hand through his hair.

“Talk to me, Captain.”

He opened his eyes and looked at me.

“I’m just thinking.”

I moved so I was now laying beside him on the bed. I ran my finger over the grooves of his tones stomach.

“About?”

He reached down and grabbed my hand, stopping me. I looked up at him with a concerned face.

“Sid?”

He sat up and looked aimlessly at the wall.

“Can we really make this work? I mean, you here and me and Pittsburgh? I travel all the time and may not be able to answer every call or text.”

I sat up and raised my eyebrow at him.

“Where is this coming from? We talked about this in the summer, and a few times since then. It’s working so far. What are you really saying, Sid?”

He didn’t say anything and I began to feel a little anxious.

“Okay, I’m going to just go ahead and ask this. Are you going to break up with me?”

His head snapped back at me. I couldn’t really read what his eyes were saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

“No! I’m not saying that at all. I’m sorry, I don’t know what I’m saying.”

I was beginning to get flustered. There was one thing I wanted to say, but I was going about it the completely wrong way. Looking at Steph, I could see that my words were affecting her the absolute opposite than what I imagined. I needed to fix this.

“Well, it sounds like you’re trying to find a reason to break us up.”

I turned and gently pulled one of her hands into one of mine. Perfect fit.

“I don’t want that. God, that’s the last thing I want. I just hate this distance between us all the time. I mean, I know with my travelling that there is bound to be some at times, but when I’m home in Pittsburgh, I wish you were there. Sometimes, I think about asking you to move to Pittsburgh.”

Her eyes widened. That was closer to the reaction I was looking for. After hearing her out over the Rebecca stuff, I just wanted things to go back to the way they were. I wanted Steph everywhere I was. I knew that it was impossible, with her school and everything, but damn it, I wished it could happen tomorrow.

“Sidney…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

I didn’t get much else out before his lips captured mine. I wasn’t expecting it, but after a few seconds I kissed him back with every ounce of passion I had in me. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

“Don’t. Don’t say anything. I was just rambling. I know you have school, and then you’re going to Halifax for University. I don’t want you to change your dream for me, please.”

I nodded, my head still reeling from the kiss. He smiled at me and got up off the bed. My eyes followed him as he stood in front of me taking off his shirt. His back was to me, but I’m sure he could feel my eyes burning holes into his chiseled back. He turned around with a smirk.

“Like what you see?”

I could feel the blush creep up into my cheeks. Sid stood in front of me and began to lean down to bring his face closer to mine. I was a little more impatient than I thought. I put a hand on each side of his face and pulled him down to me. I kissed him passionately, not wanting to let this moment go to waste. I reached my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into the end of his hair at the nape of his neck.

Sid lightly picked me up and re-positioned us so we were laying on the middle of the bed. He hovered over me, his lips never leaving mine. I was getting lost in his kiss as I felt his tongue beg for entrance. I was more than happy to oblige.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

As my tongue battled Steph’s, I slipped one of my hands under her shirt. She jumped at the touch. I pulled away and looked at her with a concerned look.

“Are you okay? You want to stop?”

She shook her head and lightly chuckled.

“No, your hand is just cold.”

I gave her a small smirk and leaned in to give her another kiss. My lips left hers and traveled down to her neck. I felt her run her hand up and down my stomach, letting her nails lightly scratch my abs. I moaned against her skin and she began to scratch a little harder. I moved away from her neck and captured her lips again.

*Ring**Ring*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

I was ready to let go of all of my inhibitions with Sid when I heard my phone go off. Sid grunted and put all of his wait on me, letting his head rest in the crook of my neck.

“Ignore it. They can leave a message.”

I lightly chuckled.

“It could be Kaitlyn, or my mom.”

He let out a mumbled “fuck” and rolled off of me.

“Just remember what you’re missing out on by answering that phone.”

I rolled my eyes and got up off the bed. I pulled it out of my purse and looked over at him. He was laying at on the bed, shirtless, gazing at me with a look of longing and lust. I stayed where I was, not knowing what would happen if I got back on the bed, as I answered the phone.

“Hi mom.”

I chuckled as Sid’s expression on his face changed drastically. He now looked concerned.

“Hey honey, sorry to bother you, but I have some news.”

I tried to think positively, but instinctively, my mind went to the worst case scenario, and my eyes widened.

“What’s going on?”

I heard her let out a long, drawn-out sigh. That was not a good sign.

“Well, apparently word spread really quickly about you and Sidney.”

I looked over at Sid with an eyebrow raised.

“Oh, yeah? How so?”

“Well, it’s all over our local news.”

I let out a sigh and sat on the bed.

“Well, there’s nothing I can do about it right now. Is anyone coming up to you and asking you questions?”

“Well, I’ve gotten two phone calls already, but it’s not a big deal. Nothing I can’t handle, but I’m worried about you.”

Sid put his hand on my shoulder. I looked over at him. He raised his eyebrow at me. I put my hand over the bottom of my phone and whispered to him.

“Apparently, it’s everywhere back home that I’m dating you, or rather you’re dating me.”

He put his hand out, asking for the phone. I was hesitant, but I handed it to him. He walked into the bathroom and talked to my mom. I was a little taken aback that he didn’t want me to hear the conversation, or his end of it, anyways. I knew he wouldn’t mind, so I grabbed Sid’s phone and texted Kris. I knew that Kaitlyn would get the message.

Kris, it’s Steph. Tell Kaitlyn I need to talk to her in the morning. It’s important, but it can wait til then.

Just as I pushed the “send” button, I heard the bathroom door open. Sid walked back into the bedroom and sat behind me on the bed. He pulled me closer to him so I was flush against his chest. He moved me hair off of my neck and set his chin on my shoulder.

“So, what did you say to my mom?”

He squeezed me a little tighter and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

“Not too much, just gave her a low down on what will probably happen and if it gets out of hand, she’s got my cell number.”

I rolled my eyes.

“And you couldn’t tell her that in front of me?”

He let out a small sigh.

“Well, that I could’ve, yes, but I had to tell her something else. I was going to phone her myself, but she had phoned you, so I saw that as my oppourtunity.”

I pulled away from him slightly and looked over my shoulder at him.

“What are you up to, Crosby?”

He gave me a smirk.

“Nothing you need to worry your little head about, darlin’.”

A tiny giggle escaped my mouth as I smiled as his feeble attempt at a southern accent. I leaned back into him and turned the tv on. My eyes shot up to the tv when I heard the theme song of Friends. I was beginning to dance in my spot, when suddenly the tv was shut off. Sid rested his forehead on my shoulder.

“You know, this isn’t very fair.”

I raised my eyebrow at him.

“What’s not fair?”

He ran his hands along the bottom of my shirt.

“You have more clothes on than I do.”

My eyes met his. I could the lust in his eyes burn right through me. I felt him tug lightly on my shirt. I turned my body so I was facing him, my eyes never leaving his. He didn’t give me a second to breathe before he captured my lips in a piercing, passionate kiss. I pulled away to allow him to lift my shirt over my head. My lips found his again as his hand roamed my body. He lifted me off the bed, only to place me on my back with hovering over me. He continued exploring my body with his hands, and his lips soon followed. I let my hands run through his hair as his kisses trailed down to my chest. He reached behind me and unhooked my bra. I didn’t see where it ended up, but at this point I didn’t care. All I cared about was Sidney.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

After shedding off the rest of our clothing, I went back to my assault on her neck. I was sure there would be a mark in the morning, but I didn’t hear any complaints. My hands roamed every inch of Steph’s body. She shivered as my hand slipped between her legs. I grazed one finger over her slit and she bucks her hips upward.

“Sid….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

Sid was teasing me, and was loving every second of it. I, on the other hand, was getting frustrated.

“Sidney, please.” I tried not to sound so needy, but I couldn’t hold back much longer.

Sid looked me in the eyes and sent me a small smirk. I locked my fingers in his hair and pulled his lips to mine. I was hoping my kiss would get the message across. Seconds later, I felt him slowly enter me. He pulled away from the kiss and looked at me.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered to me as I pulled my body blush with his. I bit back a moan as I reached my peak. Sid wasn’t close behind me, as he buried his face in my neck and let out a low moan. We laid there motionless, bringing our breathing back to normal. Sid rolled off of me and laid beside me. He reached over and brushed a strand of hair out of my face. I looked over and smiled at him. He pulled me to his chest and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

“So what’s the plan for tomorrow?”

I looked at him with a slight chuckle.

“Small talk after sex? Classy, captain.”

“Well, I gotta keep you awake for round two somehow.”

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. Sid gave me a puzzled look as I stood up.

“And just where are you running off to?”

“I’m going to the bathroom, mom. Do you mind?”

He gave me a playful stare.

“Just hurry back, I’ll be timing you.”

I looked at him, laying on his stomach in all his naked glory.

“You know, Kaitlyn’s right. You do have a huge ass.”
♠ ♠ ♠
re-posted due to server crash