Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 16 pt 2

Kaitlyn and I had planned to take the boys to the restaurant located in the top of the CN Tower. We would’ve switched places, but with me not having my lisence, Kaitlyn and Kris remained in the front seats of the car, while Sid and I sat in the back. Sid and Kris kept questioning where we were going. Kaitlyn finally got fed up with the questions.

“God Sid, you sound like Joey.”

I raised my eyebrow at her Friends reference. I knew that it was Sid’s favourite show, but Kaitlyn could give him a run for his money when it came to debates on which episode or character was better. I sat back with the smile, waiting to see how this would unfold. I looked over at Sid who had a small smirk on his face. I felt a little bit sad for him, knowing he didn’t have a prayer in hell debating with Kaitlyn.

“I’d like to think I’m more a Ross, myself.”

Kaitlyn scoffed.

“So you think that it’s okay to cheat when you’re on a break?”

I raised my eyebrow at Sid, wanting to hear his response to that one. He looked over at me with a sympathetic look.

“Forgive me for this, but I truly believe that Ross and Rachel we’re on a break, meaning that they weren’t tied to each other anymore. That being said, it’s not cheating.”

My eyes widened as I switched my gaze to the rearview mirror, looking at Kaitlyn’s reaction. Neither one of us were expecting that, even Kris spoke up.

“Seriously, dude, your girlfriend is right there. That’s a pretty shady thing to say.”

Sid raised his hands in defense.

“I was asked where I stood on the topic, and I gave my opinion. I gave Steph the look, telling her to forgive me for what I was about to say. I’m responding to that from Ross’ point of view.”

Kaitlyn shook her head.

“Well regardless, I disagree with you, or Ross, or whoever you’re speaking for. Cheating is cheating. They never said their relationship was over, and then Ross turns around and sleeps with someone else. That’s low and shady, if you ask me.”

I smiled and nodded. Sid looked over with a sympathetic look, probably thinking that I was mad at him for expressing his view on the topic. I reached my hand across the seat to squeeze his. I thought the Friends debate was done, but Kaitlyn was still going.

“So, if you and Steph ever say you’re on a break, you’re saying it would be justified if you sleep with another girl?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV…

I raised my eyebrow at Kaitlyn, wondering if this was more about my relationship than it was about Friends .

“I’m not saying that at all.”

Kaitlyn scoffed and smacked her hands against the steering wheel.

“But you just said it was, or at least it was for Ross.”

I rolled my eyes.

“What are we debating about now, anyways? I mean, it started out about Ross and Rachel, but now you’re making it about my relationship with Steph.”

I looked over at Steph and noticed that she began to look a little uncomfortable with this situation. I didn’t want to snap at Kaitlyn, so I gave her time to explain why she asked that question.

“I’m sorry Sid, I only asked that based on your answer with my question about Ross. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

I gave her a small smile in the rearview mirror and gave Steph’s hand a light squeeze.

“It’s okay, Kaitlyn. I’m still on Ross’ side on that, though. I mean they were on a break.”

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes in the rearview mirror.

“Regardless, cheating is cheating! They never said that their relationship was completely finished. He had no right to do that to Rachel!”

“THEY WERE ON A BREAK!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

I couldn’t help but crack a smirk at Sid’s outburst. I looked between him, Kris and the rearview mirror before turning to Sid.

“Okay, I think we’ve established that you disagree on this topic. Kaitlyn’s on Team Rachel and Sid’s on Team Ross. Can we just find the parking lot now?”

Kaitlyn gave me a confused look. I pointed ahead of us. She averted her eyes from the rearview mirror to the road and she noticed that we were getting close to the CN Tower. I noticed her nod.

“Oh, okay. So, Joey…ermm, I mean Sid, just in case you were wondering, yes, we’re almost there.”

The car erupted in chuckles as Kaitlyn continued towards our destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the restaurant

The four of us were walking to our table when Kaitlyn pulled me away from Sid.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

I turned my head to look at her, raising my eyebrow.

“What are you sorry for?”

She shrugged her shoulders.

“Well, I kinda took the debate too far, and I’m sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable.”

I let out a soft chuckle.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. I’m just glad that you asked before I did. I might’ve been a little more snippy than you were.”

She gave me a small smile as we reached our table. I sat down beside Sid as Kaitlyn took her seat beside Kris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

I was so shocked with the day that the two girls planned for me and Kris. After the loss we had the night before, this was exactly what we needed. The event at Medieval Times was exciting and the restaurant they brought us to that was atop the CN Tower was amazing. I looked over at Steph sitting beside me and I put my hand on her thigh. I gave it a light squeeze and she turned to meet my gaze. She smiled and reached down to intertwine her fingers through mine. A waitress came up to our table and smiled at the four of us.

“Hi there. My name is Bridget, I’ll be your waitress tonight. Can I get you guys some drinks to start?”

While Bridget looked around the table, her gaze lingered on Kris then switched directly to me. I felt Steph squeeze my hand a little tighter. I looked at her through the corner of my eye, before answering Bridget.

“Yes, my girlfriend will have a glass of Coke, and I’ll have a glass of water.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

I felt a hint of blush flush my cheeks as Sid ordered our drinks. I knew that he was saying it to get our waitress, Bridget, off of our case, but it still felt weird. He called me his girlfriend before, but not in this type of situation. I looked over at Kaitlyn, who smiled at me, and gave her a small smirk. I kept my hand in Sid’s as I heard Kris give Bridget almost the same answer that he did. Kaitlyn’s cheeks matched how mine felt and Bridget walked away with a huff. Sid squeezed my hand and I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Sid turned his head and whispered in my ear.

“I’m so happy you’re here.”

I pulled away slightly and smiled at him.

“I’m happy I’m here, too.”

Sid and I looked over at Kris and Kaitlyn, who seemed to be in their own little world. I smiled at the sight. I still couldn’t believe how lucky Kaitlyn and I got, to find love with two “flightless birds” such as Kris and Sid. Sid nudged my elbow and I turned my focus to him.

“You tried a pull a fast one at the arena, eh?”

I chuckled lightly.

“No, I wasn’t trying to pull a fast one. I was going to text you after it was done, to come get us at security. But that didn’t go the way I planned.”

Sid smirked, but then his face fell slightly.

“You’re not mad, are you? That people now notice you as my girlfriend?”

I shook my head.

“No, I’m not mad at all. No one really comes up to me and says anything. Other than hockey fans, that is. Most of them are supportive and just ask me how you are. If they’re rude, I just shrug it off. I’m not going to let them ruin this. I’m not going to let them ruin us.”

Sid gave me a genuine smile.

“I’m so glad you feel that way. Oh, and don’t think that I’m not dedicating my next day off to you.”

I smiled and was about to respond when we heard footsteps walk towards the table. The four of us all looked up and noticed that it wasn’t Bridget with our drinks. I smiled at the older woman as she placed my glass of Coke in front of me. Sid snaked his arm behind me and began to slowly rub his hand up and down my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

The drinks came to our table and we hadn’t even gotten a chance to pick out something off the menu to eat.

“Could we have an extra few minutes to think about our order?”

The waitress who replaced Bridget, Clare, as it said on her name tag, smiled at me.

“Of course you can. I’ll come back over in about 5 minutes, is that okay?’

I looked around the table for approval. Once it seemed like everyone was on the same page, I nodded towards Clare.

“Yes, that’s great. Thank you.”

When she walked away, the four of us took our first glances at the menu. I looked down and smiled. I noticed the menus were in French. I looked over at Steph out of the corner of my eye. She looked at her menu with a blank face and looked over at me.

“Can you read this?”

I nodded.

“Yes, I can. Can you tell me why we have French menus?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV

I didn’t want to sound stupid or ridiculous. Kaitlyn and I asked if the menus could be in French to give the boys the chance to order our meals for us. I looked across the table at Kaitlyn, hoping she would speak up. Thankfully, she did.

“We just wanted you two to have some power tonight. So we asked for the menus to be in French so you could order our dinners for us.”

I let out a long sigh, hoping the boys wouldn’t be too upset with it. Kris let out a soft chuckle.

“ So, we get the power to pick your meal? What if you don’t like it?”

I smirked at Kris.

“I’m sure you’ll be able to pick a good meal for Kaitlyn. She’s not that picky. Plus, you’ve seen the type of stuff she orders at a restaurant.”

He nodded and Sid leaned in to whisper in my ear. I didn’t get to hear what he said as Kaitlyn blurted out.

“Gah!! No painting in public!! Jeez!!!”

I blushed and let out a small smirk. Sid turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

“Painting?”

I chuckled and placed my hand on his thigh.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll tell you later.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Dinner…

Sid made a good choice and picked a great meal for me, steak and potatoes with a Caesar salad as an appetizer. It was delicious. The four of us had many laughs throughout dinner. Kaitlyn and I hadn’t planned anything after dinner for the Fun Day, so it was up to the boys what we would do next. Luckily, Sid was getting tired.

“I think we should just head back to the hotel. Any other ideas?”

I shrugged my shoulders and nodded.

“I could go back to the hotel. I’m getting a little tired.”

Kaitlyn looked over at Kris and smiled before turning towards me.

“Well, Kris and I were thinking of going for a walk. I can drive you guys back to the hotel.”

I smiled at Kaitlyn and grabbed Sid’s hand.

“Sure, if you don’t mind.”

She shook her head.

“Nope, don’t mind at all. We all ready to go?”

We all nodded and stood up from the table.

“I just have to use the ladies’ room. I’ll be right back.”

I walked away from the table. I had no plans of going to the restroom. Instead, I was going to pay for the bill, I just didn’t want Sid to know, or catch me. I was about 3 feet away from the cashier when I felt someone grab onto my arm. I sighed, thinking it was Sid, and turned around. My eyes widened at little bit when I saw it wasn’t Sid. In fact, it wasn’t a man at all.

“Rebecca, what are you doing here?”

She scoffed.

“I’m here with my family. The real question is, what is a loser like you doing here?”

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to name-drop and say that I was here with my boyfriend, who happened to be an NHL superstar.

“Um… Kaitlyn and I are here with friends.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Friends? You seem to be pretty close with your friends. Say, isn’t that Sidney Crosby? Oh look, he’s walking over here.”

Rebecca began to pull her top down just a little bit, so he tits popped out more than they already did. I rolled my eyes at her while I felt a hand graze the small of my back. Sid smiled at me before turning to Rebecca.

“Hi, you a friend of Steph’s?”

Rebecca put on her award-winning fame smile and nodded.

“Yeah! I go to school with her. She’s one of my best friends. She didn’t tell me she was friends with a hockey superstar. When did she meet you?”

I looked over at Sid and his face fell a little bit. I was a little confused, but hoped that I could talk to him about it when we got back to the hotel. He gave Rebecca a small smile.

“Umm, we met over the summer when she went down East. Excuse me, I’m gonna go pay the bill.”

He shrugged past me. I reached out to stop him, but he was too fast for me to reach him. I turned to Rebecca and my stare got cold.

“I don’t know what you were trying to prove just then, but I should warn you, it won’t get you anywhere.”

She smirked, knowing she got under my skin.

“Oh, really? Why is that? It can’t be because the two of you are dating. You’re just friends, right?”

She turned on her heel and walked back to her family. I huffed an angry sigh and walked towards Sid. I placed my hand on his arm. He looked up at me with a small smile, but I could tell that underneath that smile, he was upset about something. He handed me my purse and jacket, and we walked out of the restaurant with Kaityln and Kris not too far behind us. Kaitlyn walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder.

“Hey, did I see Rebecca back there?”

I gave her a stern look, then turned my focus on Sid’s back walking a good 15 feet ahead of us.

“You sure did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the end of Fun Day.....with a little drama-rama to top it off. ))

So, what's bothering Sid? Any ideas? ))

I'm sorry this update was a little delayed I'm SWAMPED with school.. thankfully, I'm done in 3 weeks... more time to write.. aside from working when i find a job.=/

Anywho, hope you enjoy )))