Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

15

Shaun sat on the edge of the bed, kicking his legs back and forth slightly. He looked up at me, and his eyes seemed hollow. His left hand was wrapped up in a black cast.

"Shaun," I half sighed half whined. He laughed weakly as I came to stand in front of him. He lifted up his left hand as he took hold of my right.

"The fact that that we both brake our wrists is completely a sign... or something... but the black? I just wanted to match." he smiled goofily.

"Shaun," I whispered, "What'd they give you?"

"Mmm... a lot of stuff."

I pushed some hair out of his face and rubbed his cheek. "When can you get out of here?"

"When the doctor comes back." He sighed as he wrapped his arms around me. He leaned forward, resting his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes as we waited.

_______________________________________________________________

We got back to the park an hour and a half after we'd originally left. The place was more or less cleared out. Most of the guys had gone out to find food. Katie made something for James and Shaun. The other few guys that were still there jumped into a conversation about breaking things.

"The first day's always the shittiest." one of them said.

"It's cause you're all fucked up on drugs," another laughed.

"For real, look at this kid." James smiled as he messed up Shaun's hair. He grunted in acknowledgement.

"But for real, the matching casts with you two? It's perfect!" Kris said. [Kris was the one who relied on me for his coffee fixes. If he kept up with this, uh-uh, he's getting nothing.] Everyone had a field day with our casts. They couldn't get enough of it.

After Shaun had eated, I led him to the back. I sat down and he lazily poistioned himself half on top of me, face burried in my neck. He stayed awake for a while, but was all wacked out because of the pain killers he'd taken. He rambled on about what'd happened and how he fell.

"Shaun," I whispered to him. He nodded his head. "Just go to sleep." I said as I kissed the top of his head. He whimpered a little, and I rubbed his back gentley, "Just go to sleep." I said again.

I woke up the next morning, Shaun still on top of me. He was awake already. He looked up at me with a sad expression.

"You feel okay?" I asked.

"Yeah,"

"Want anything?"

"Drink... and I put the pain killers on my bunk. Can I have one?"

"Yup," I said as I sat up. He leaded back, but continued to stare at me. "What's up?" I asked, flicking one of his curls. He leaned forward, connecting our lips.

"I haven't done that for a while." he whispered. I smiled and kissed him again, then went to get his things.