Status: Hecho!

Falling From the Sky

Ocho

It was finally the Thursday before d-day. Tomorrow, BVB would be here at 4 in the afternoon to retrieve the goods; i.e. yours truly. I still hadn't spoken to Andy and to tell you the truth, I was kind of afraid of what might happen over the weekend. I was just scared that he might abosolutely have me now and think I was some immature prude.

Chandler and I went back to my house after school so she could help me pack. We got home to find a note from my mom saying she'd be home at 10 and not to have any 'going out of town parties.' Way to be lame mom. But she'd also said to check the oven.

"I love your mom's lasagna!" Chan skreeched.

"Get a hold of yourself." I shook her as I heated it up.

I ran upstairs to throw my suitcase on my bed. When I got back downstairs, Chandler had already cut out a piece for each of us. We started in on it and she began to complain that I was leaving on her dream weekend.

"I could probably talk them into letting you come, you know." I informed as I coughed a little.

"Yeah but even if, my parents wouldn't let me go." she sighed. I coughed some more as she wallowed in self pitty. "You know, this isn't your mom's best." she continued. Wait a minute...

I tore up the piece of lasagna with my fork. Oh. My. God.

I felt my throat start to hurt as I grabbed my keys and chucked them at Chandler. "We have to go, now." I yelled.

That wasn't my mom's lasagna. I should've checked, I just know I should have. It was a Ben hoax. The entire world knows of my severe dislike of eggplant. I despise it with every fiber of my being and trust me, I do make it known. So when it all comes down to it, this is kind of my own fault. But it's not exactly like it's my choice. Eggplant, squash, pumpkin, anything of that gorde family I'm allergic to. Like, one step below deathly allergic, allergic.

Everything would've been fine had I had an epipen, but of course I had to be fresh out. Chandler almost broke 80 driving to the hospital which, even in my state, I thought was hilarious. We got there well under enough time but I'd still have to get hooked up to a few iv's for an hour or two.

Apparently Ben or someone doing his dirty work had dropped off the eggplant lasagna earlier and hadn't let my mom in on the fact that it was actually eggplant. Needless to say, when she found out she was ready to tear Ben a new one. She'd gone on and on about pressing charges. And Ben was legal so that was an ouch.

I talked my mom into letting me stay home from school the next day and Chandler was also surprisingly able to convince her parents into letting her sleepover and join in on my 'day off.'

We didn't fall asleep until 5 in the morning but slept until 12. I still felt a little off due to the events of the previous day and due to the want of more sleep. But there was no time for that. I had to get ready. I showered, dried and did my hair, and got dressed with an hour to spare. Chan was no help at all because all she did was destract me.

By the time 4 rolled around I was by myself, sprawled on the ground infront of the tv. I heard a huge thud on the door and shot up-right. A second one occured as I was running to the door. I threw it open to find Jake doubled over moaning and Ashly laughing his ass off.

"I threw him into the door," Ashley sighed with a final chuckle.

"Yeah, that's normal." I nodded, grabbing my bag and following them to the trailer. We stuck my bag in there while Jake told me I had shot gun and that he was driving the final leg to Jersey. My heart pounded a little extra at the thought of Andy sitting in the van in front of me.

I hopped in to be greeted by a roar of hey's. I jumped and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I turned towards them with a smile, noticing Andy sat all the way in the back. Sandra chucked something at me as we pulled away.

"Yeee-yah!!" I yelled as I found it was a fun size pack of gummy life savers. 5 minutes later we were on the highway heading south. I found myself dozing off.

"Don't worry, I'll wake you up when we get there, I promise." Jake winked at me.

I was two seconds away from knocking out when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Text: 'i need to talk to you' courtesy of Andy.