Status: updates when inspiration and free time collide.

Flash Photography

The wheel breaks the butterfly.

Chace.

When we made it to the hotel, the first thing I did once we were in the lobby was go to the bathroom. Of course I would get my period the day we arrive. Of course. I have the best fucking luck. I was alright for now, though, after my pain meds. Yeah, my cramps were that bad. I needed prescription strength pain relief, or I’d be unbearably hormonal and in unbearable pain for the duration of three days, more or less.

When I got out of the bathroom, though, Pat was the only one still in the lobby. “Hey, thanks for waiting, Pat. Sorry, my bladder was about to explode,” I laughed, grabbing my luggage from him again.

“Oh, it’s fine. Hey, we’re probably gonna be sleeping together, alright?” he told me as we got into the elevator.

“Alright…I’ll warn you now, I’m pretty sure I drool in my sleep.

“Well, I move around a fucking lot... Be prepared.”

Pat was such a sweetheart. I needed to watch myself around him. Around him, it was so easy for me to forget to be a guy. Too easy. I think it was because of his hair. We got to the hotel room and everyone was just laying around or changing and freshening up.

“You two weren’t here, but we weren’t gonna count your vote anyway, Chace, since you’re underage,” John chuckled, slipping on his black jacket and gray beanie.

“Vote for what?” I asked, placing my luggage on the bed that Pat sat on.

“We’re going to Wagamama’s for lunch,” Kennedy explained. “It was that or Nando’s. Have you been to either of those before, Chace?”

“No…”

“Wagamama’s is better anyways,” Garrett declared after slipping a jacket on over his hoodie.

We were off again in a matter of minutes. I felt so naked without a purse. I had to cram everything in my pockets, so I tried to keep it minimal. I only had my phone, wallet, chapstick, headphones, and gum in my pockets right now. I sat in-between Pat and Garrett in the back of the van. We talked about nothing and everything while we drove to Wagamama’s.

Wagamama’s was amazing. Their food was delicious. That was the upside of being a guy – you could eat semi-sloppily. I was hungry, so I ate really fast, but my problem when I eat fast is that I don’t eat a lot. “You’re not gonna eat that, Chace?” Garrett asked when he saw me more or less just pushing my food around.

“I’m really full…you want?” I offered, pushing my plate in his direction. He and Pat devoured what was left on it. Oh,boys.

“Hey, Chace, come with me,” said Max, getting up from the table. “We’ve got to get you molded.” I followed Max to the van and he drove us somewhere to get me molded – to get my earpieces made. I never had to get this done before. It was weird feeling. “They’ll be ready by tonight, right?” Max asked as he paid for my earpieces. The salesperson or whatever nodded and we left to get the other guys. “Ok, our sound check is at four, and it’s gonna take about half an hour to get to the venue,” Max muttered as he drove, mostly to himself.

I didn’t know Max much, other than the fact that he was their tour manager. Tim, Pat’s brother, was the band’s manager. Vito sold merch. Dirk Mai came along as our, like, personal photographer. Matt Nasty played the keys, among other instruments. I think that was pretty much everyone… “You feelin’ alright, Chace?” Max asked as he parked the car. I nodded and unbuckled, getting out. “How’s John treating you?”

“..Uh,” was all I managed to say, laughing nervously instead of answering properly. He didn’t even want to sit next to me on the plane ride here. And after the ride to the airport, I thought we were making progress…

“He’ll be alright, whenever he gets that stick out of his ass,” Max said as he shook his head. “He’ll have to get along with you, we’re only touring together for two months…”

“Does he not like me?” I asked curiously. Max of all people would know.

“I don’t know what his problem is with you, but he’ll get over it. He’s just being a drama queen because Jared’s not here. I think it’s, like, he’s accepted that you’re filling Jared’s shoes for the tour, but, you know, you’ll never take Jared’s place. But he feels like you’re taking Jared’s place and he’s pretty fucking resentful about that.”

“Oh,” I sighed, self consciously pulling my beanie over my pierced ears. “That’s…That’s understandable, though.” I didn’t have gauges, but I had two studs in each ear, two helix piercings on my left, and an industrial piercing on my right. I also had a tongue ring and a belly button piercing. Shittt.

“For what it’s worth, I think you’re an alright guy,” Max laughed, patting my back. “We’ve got some time to chill before sound check. I bet All Time Low and We Are the In Crowd are here by now.”

“Did you say All Time Low?” I said, my voice barely above a whisper. It would be extra hard not to fan girl now. I loved All Time Low just as much as any other sixteen year old. I was mature in some ways, immature in others. And I was pretty immature when it came to my favorite bands…

“Yeah. Are you a fan of them?”

“Only a huge one,” I admitted. We picked up everyone and then went back to the hotel…and there they were, checking in at the lobby. I always had a mad crush on Zack Merrick, and it certainly hadn’t completely gone away. I would try my best not to fan girl too hard, but I couldn’t make any promises…

“I need to go to the bathroom,” I muttered, running back up to our room, but I ran into somebody on the way there. “I’m so sorry,” I apologized to the girl I’d run over on the way to our room.

“It’s fine, girly,” she laughed, handing me my beanie back. “Are you with The Maine?”

I felt all the color drain from my face. “Y-Yeah…Wh-Who are you?”

“Tay,Tay Jardine. I’m so glad to have another girl on the tour with-”

“Please don’t tell anyone I’m a girl,” I cut her off, glancing up and down the hallway.

Tay scratched her head and looked at me funny. “Al…right…?”

I slipped my beanie back on with trembling fingers. “Thanks… My name’s Chace…”

Why was it so easy for her to tell that I’m a girl?!
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading; hope you liked it! inspiration.
i got to skip school today >:D hopefully the swelling in my face will be gone tomorrow.
i love WATIC and ATL so hard! i'm gonna have too much fun with this story, haha.
don't worry, it's still gonna be a john story, i promise.
anyways, feedback would be lovely and greatly appreciated! :3