Status: new story that i happen to love the plot for.... comment/ subscribe if yo like :D

Ten Things I Love (to Hate) About You

Morning sunshine

When I woke up, I was confused for a moment. There was someone pressed against me, and I don’t remember-

Last night came crashing back like a punch in the gut. I sucked in a sharp breath, looking down at Hailey. She was breathing evenly, her color having returned and the shivering leaving about 4 this morning. Her legs where tangled with mine beneath the sheets. She was so warm now, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was sick. My door opened slowly, and when my mom saw I was awake she came in.

“Hey.” She said softly, touching Hailey’s forehead and frowning.

“Yeah, she’s warm all over.”

“She might have a cold. There’s some clothes laid out for her in my room, but honey, I have to leave.” I groaned softly. That convention was today. I nodded, and she sat on the edge of the bed.

“What time did she fall asleep?” I shifted my hold on Hailey to rub at my eyes. “Around 5. I fell asleep soon after.” I glanced at the clock. 3 hours of sleep. No wonder I was so sluggish. She nodded. “Well, get up for right now. Let her sleep, and you can lay back down on the couch.” She hesitated, then admitted. “I don’t think she needs to go home, Mocan, I think that’s where this problem is.” I nodded, untangling myself from Hailey carefully. She reflectively grabbed my shirt as I moved, and after many attempts to get her to let go, and mom stifling laughs, I finally just slipped out of it and pulled a hoodie on instead, walking my mom out the door. When she left, I poured a glass of water and got two Tylenol out of the cabinet, and set it on my night stand for her when she woke up.

“Mocan?” a sleepy voice called. I glanced up from the sandwich I was eating to see Hailey in the kitchen doorway, rubbing her eyes like a little kid. She had one of my zip up jackets on, hanging over her hands a good inch or two. I stood and motioned her to the table.

“it’s almost two in the afternoon. Do you want something to eat?” she nodded, setting her head on the table. I hesitated, then went to the cabinets. “Chicken noodle?” she turned her head to rest it on her arms and look at me. “Sounds good to me. And thank you. For everything.” She said softly. I gave her a grin, turning back to the cabinet. I pulled a can down, and almost dropped it as she began coughing. I whirled to look at her to see her doubled over, arm over her mouth and holding her stomach. I rushed over and set a hand on her back as she set back. I knelt down to look at her, and her cheeks turned pink.

“I promise- promise that’s normal in the mornings. When my throats dry I get a really bad cough.” I gave her a long look, before nodding.

“Did you not see the glass I sat out for you?”

“I’m allergic to Tylenol.”

“Shit, I’m sorry!” I exclaimed, springing up to go for the medicine cabinet. She rolled her eyes at me. “It’s fine, not something I usually share with people anyway. And I don’t need any pain killers. My head is ok, for now anyway.”

“No, you’re warm.” I said, searching through our cabinet. She sighed. “That’s normal for me, too. My room is cold as hell, so when I do stay in a room that is warm for the night my body temp. goes through the roof.” I hesitated, then nodded. “Fine. What do you want to drink while I get your soup ready?” she shrugged. “I don’t care. Not orange juice and not milk.” I got a thing of apple juice out and set it in front of her. She took a careful drink, then nodded. “This is good, thanks. “ I nodded, going through the motions of making the soup.

“Do you still want to know why?” she blurted suddenly. I froze in the process of stirring the soup, before sighing. “If you want to share it, then yes. But if you don’t-“

“My step dad keeps trying to sell me to a whore house.” She interrupted. I whirled to look at her, but she had her hair covering her face.

“WHY!?” I roared, then groaned when I made her flinch back. “I’m sorry, I-“

“He used to sell me out to his friends, until I finally stood up to him. Then it would just be him occasionally, when he caught me off guard in my sleep.” I turned the soup off and sat in the chair next to her.

“Why isn’t your mom doing anything!?” I asked. She laughed, but the sound had a tint of malice in it. “Oh, she helps. Him. If I wake up too fast she gives me a sedative. She’s more worried about what he thinks, because he’s the one getting all money out of it, and she loves money.” She wrapped her hands around her glass tightly, and I brushed her hair back to see that she was crying. I pulled her to me immediately, making her gasp suddenly.

“God, Hailey, I’m so sorry!” I said, holding her tightly. She buried her face in my chest.

After a few minutes, she laughed suddenly. “You know, I’ve never told anyone that. Why should I tell you? I have no idea.” She said, pulling back to wipe at her eyes. I grinned at her. “I’m a person everyone opens up to.”

“and I hate people like that. Normally.”
“Lies! You secretly love it.” I teased. I got a small laugh from her. “You mean I love to hate it. There’s ten things about you that I love to hate, actually.” I frowned, and she laughed. “Don’t take it personally, but with you being the poster boy for popularity, I had to find something wrong with you.”

“So these ten things are…” I asked, letting her go so she could sit in her chair. She grinned at me. “Wouldn’t you love to know.” I pouted, and she laughed. “Go make my soup, please. I’m hungry.”

We spent the rest of the day lazing around my house, her strewn across my couch and watching movies. I would check her temperature every once and awhile, but I guess she was right, because after she woke up her temperature was normal. At about 8 that night, after I made spaghetti for us both, she sighed.

“I guess I should be getting home.” I caught her hand as she made her way upstairs.

“My mom said you could stay here as long as you want.” I said, motioning her up the stairs. She sighed, shaking her head. “I’ve already spent too much time here, Mocan. I-“

“Hailey, come on. I know you don’t want to go back there, and I know that my mom wont mind if you stay the night. She’s going to be back around four in the morning, but you can stay in my room tonight if you want.” She paused for a long time on the top of the staircase, me right behind her, and then she nodded. “Alright.” I motioned for her to move, and I showed her where my moms shower was.

“The clothes I’m going to lay on her bed you can wear to sleep, ok? Take your time, take a bath if you’d like.” She nodded, taking the clean towels I handed her and turning to me slightly.

“Thank you again, for all of this. “ she murmured. I winked at her. “Don’t worry. Your reputation is safe with me.” I actually got a laugh out of her for that.

I went through my clothes until I found a pair of sweats and a long sleeved tee that should fit her, and set it on the bed. I heard the shower going, so I went downstairs and called my mom, explaining everything.

“You let her know she can stay as long as she wants!” she exclaimed immediately. I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me.

“don’t worry, I did mom. She’s staying tonight.” I heard movement behind me and looked up to see moms door opening. She stuck her head out, her hair everywhere and plastered to her face. I laughed, and she scowled at me. “Shut up. Where’s your moms brush?”

“Mom, brush?” I said into the phone. She sighed. “In my bag. My comb is in the top drawer of the vanity.” I repeated the directions, and Hailey disappeared. “mom, I’m going to go now. Love you.”

“Love you, honey. See you tomorrow.” I hung up, and Hailey stuck her head back out, grinning at me as I left my bedroom doorway, which I had been leaning in, and stood in front of her. “Do you end every phone conversation with your mom with Love you?” I shrugged. “Basically, yeah.” She giggled, shaking her head. “Cute.”

“did you find the comb?” she waved it in front of my face before folding onto the bed and pulling her hair over her shoulder to begin combing it.

“I never noticed how long your hair is.” I said, surprised. She smiled at me slightly. “ I usually have it back somehow. Most people don’t know it’s this long.” I sat in front of her, crossing my legs. “So my mom said you could stay as long as you want.” She sighed, but nodded. “I’m not going to want to, but that might be good for me.” I nodded. “Good. And hey.” She looked up, and I smiled at her. “You get the bed to yourself tonight. I’m claiming the couch.” She gasped. “you can’t do that! I can’t just kick you out of your bed!” I shook my head at her. “I’m not letting you sleep on the couch.”

“We can share the bed, can’t we? As long as you don’t try anything.” She added, scowling at me playfully. I laughed. “alright, fine. If that’s what you want.”

“I didn’t-“ she cut off, then huffed. “Dammit. Just shut up Mocan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, i'm done for the day. three post should be sufficent enough! let me know if I sould keep going.