Status: This is slowly being written. If you comment, I write another chapter.

Friends Before Lovers

1.

“It’s Zacky, it’s just awkward.”

“But fucking some random dude that Trisha sets you up with isn’t awkward?”

“I’ve known Zacky my entire life, Beth. It’s different than a one night stand.”

“You’re just chicken shit.”

“You’re just a bitch,” I stuttered out, not really being able to comeback with anything because she totally took me off guard.

“So fucking sue me, I’m getting so tired of your boo-hoo bullshit about wanting to find love when your bypassing it each and every day. Zachary fucking Baker is completely and totally in love with you and you won’t give him the time of day because you’re scared shitless that it might actually work out and you might not have anything to bitch about!” Beth shouted into the phone, I had to take the earpiece away so it wouldn’t bust my eardrum.

“God damn, you’re ruthless. Beth, I hate you sometimes,” I shook my head and tried to rub the headache from between my eyes. “Don’t you understand my point of view?”

“No, I can’t get my head that far up my ass,” Beth snapped and then added, during my speechless state. “I don’t want to hear anything from your point of view until you realize that Zacky is your perfect match and he’d treat you like a Queen. Until then, do not bitch to me about any guy problems because I won’t listen to them.”

“Beth-“I was cut off by the phone going dead. She had hung up on me, leaving me slightly stunned. “Fuck me…”

“Mylo?” my roommate, Ben walked in the kitchen where I had been making my lunch for work when Beth called. “I meant to ask but I kept forgetting, who was the dude that was here the other day? He was smokin’ hot. He wouldn’t have a gay brother by any chance?”

“Hell if I know, I don’t even remember his name,” I grumbled putting my phone back into my pocket.

“Aw,” he sighed, unhappy. “That’s too bad, what a waste.”

“Benny? Am I chicken shit for not going out with Zacky?” I asked the one person that wouldn’t ever judge me, would always tell me the truth and would never betray me because he knows I’d beat him down if he did.

“Why yes, I agree with Bethie,” he smiled smugly as he took an apple from the bowl on the microwave. “If you don’t get Zacky, someone else will. You’ll regret it, sugar britches.”

“I’ve got to get to work,” I mumbled snagging an apple and a pop tart from the cabinet. I walked out of the apartment in a fog, my thoughts creating too much of a thickness in my brain. I almost ran a red light because I wasn’t paying attention.

I arrived at my job ten minutes later, unfortunately I work as Avenged Sevenfold’s manager Larry Jacobson’s assistant, so I see Zacky all day until I go home. I sighed softly as I fell into a seat beside Larry, he glanced over and chuckled. “I’m going to take a wild guess; did you get a call from Beth this morning?”

Incredulously, my eyes widened and my mouth fell open in shock. “You know too?” I squealed; face palming myself a little too hard. “She’s psychotic!”

“She’s ranting, I unfortunately had the bad luck of catching her in the middle of venting to Matt,” Larry explained, using his hands to illustrate the details. “I’m not saying a word about it. I don’t give two rats asses if you date Zach or not, just don’t let it interfere with your work. Which I know it won’t, you’re a brilliant kid, you know better.”

“Thanks Larry,” I murmured, opening my packet of pop tarts. I broke one chocolate piece in half and a hand reached out to take the other half when I brought the one in my hand to my lips. “Hey!”

“Is for horses,” Brian sat down beside me and shoved the half piece of my pop tart into his mouth. “Thanks, that’s really good.”

“You’re an asshole and that was my breakfast,” I commented taking a bite out of mine. I glared him down until he gave me his best puppy dog look.

“I so sorry, Acelin,” Brian muttered but I glared even worse and smacked him in the arm. “Ow.”

“You know I hate my name, don’t call me that,” I scolded him before I split my other pop tart in half and handed him a piece. “Might as well share, we all know you’ll steal it anyways.”

“You’re a smart lady,” Brian waved the pop tart at me, squinted his eyes and nodded his head. “So, has Beth got ahold of you?”

Larry laughed loudly but paid no attention to Brian or I as he went through his day planner to see what was on the agenda today. I sighed softly and turned to look at Brian, tilting my head and reciting a “Duh,” lowly. “Of course she did.”

“I think everyone in this place, minus Zacky has heard her ranting,” Brian chuckled as he leaned back in the roll chair. “I feel for you, Mylo. She’s a bitch when she gets started.”

“She refuses to talk to me until I come to my senses and get my head out of my ass, or something to that effect,” I explained picking at my pop tart until it was in little pieces. I picked them up one by one and put them in my mouth.

“Maybe you should at least take it in consideration, but then again I’m biased. Zacky’s my bro, I’m going to be on his side no matter what,” Brian shrugged his shoulders casually and stood up.

“Thanks,” I muttered awkwardly as he walked away. “Maybe I should just fuck him and get it over with?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...What do you think? Is it a keeper so far?

Comments are a must or else I don't update anymore because I won't know if anyone likes it..

Thank you so much for reading!