‹ Prequel: Remind Me
Status: Coming to life...

I Lost It

Chapter 7

I drove fast back to the Apartment- faster than usual. I wanted to make sure I got there before her, so that it would really be a surprise.

As I ran in, I turned on the lights and dropped the DVD case on the counter.

“Jill? Where are you?” I called to my sister, who was here to see Katie. They had hit it off from the start and Jill was beyond excited that her vacation week from school happened to be this week.

“I’m doing my hair, what do you want?” She yelled back.

I walked into the bathroom that was connected to the guest bedroom where she had been staying. “Katie is on her way over.”

“Oh perfect, I am almost ready!! We are gonna go out all day and have such a good time!”

“…If she is up for it, Jill. Make sure she wants to do it and is feeling okay. Don’t be all pushy, alright?”

“Yes, boss.” She snarked back, with one of her typical little evil faces. “You’re annoying when you try to be all in charge.”

“You’re annoying all the time.” I half joked back as I heard a knock at the door. “Stay here. I’ll send her in to go get something.”

I made my way to the door and kissed Katie before she walked in.

“You drove out of the parking lot like 90 miles an hour. Excited a bit?” She asked me smiling.

“A little.” I answered back, smiling too; like I always do when she is around me.

“I am taking a sweatshirt from you, it is freezing in here!” She told me as she began to walk back into my room.

“I put all of my sweatshirts in the guestroom closet since I don’t use them when it’s 70 out.” I screamed to her down the hall.

“Don’t make fun of me, Skinner.” She yelled back at me. “You aren’t the one that is preg— Jilly! What are you doing here?”

I began to walk to the room to see them together. I would be lying if I said that they weren’t my two favorite girls.

When I got to the doorway they were hugging each other, both with huge smiles on their faces.

“Is everyone here?” Katie hopefully asked Jill.

“Just me… but don’t be so disappointed. I am saving you from spending time with him.” She said pointing in my direction and the two of them started to laugh.

“So what do you want to do? You wanna go get something to eat?” Katie asked. “Wait, I am always hungry. I don’t even know—is it lunch time yet?”

“Close enough.” Jill laughed. “We can do whatever, as long as ‘you’re up to it’.” She joked making fake quotation marks in the air and Katie came over my way.

“Stop worrying about me.” She said with her face really close to mine. So close I could feel her breath on me, before she turned away.

I pulled her back and kissed her. “I’m gonna run out then. I will see you guys later. You can manage without me, right?”

“Without you, yes. But I think you should give us some money. I’m broke, remember?” Jill whined.

“Oh no, I’ve got it.” Katie offered.

“Kate! Shh! I want shopping money.”

I pulled out my wallet and gave Katie $100. “This is for the princess…” I joked and again, Jill gave me one of her signature devil looks.

“Have fun, you two. Be good.” I told them, before kissing Katie one more time. “I’ll have my phone if you need me.”

“Will you answer it, or will it be like this morning?” Katie asked sarcastically.

“That was all part of my surprise.” I winked and walked out of the bedroom, grabbed my phone off the counter, and headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, and it has been so long. I have been off my game lately- not able to come up with anything. Hopefully, I will be better now(: