‹ Prequel: Remind Me
Status: Coming to life...

I Lost It

Chapter 6

“Wh- How- Whe-“

I couldn’t get anything out.

Jeff walked over and stood next to me, grabbing my hand. He pulled it up to him, kissing it, as the doctor continued.

“This is the other one’s heartbeat.”

I looked up at Jeff, without saying anything, and fell in love with him all over again. The look in his eyes as he watched the TV screen was so real. He wanted to be here. I really knew it now.

“I’ll give you guys a few minutes, while I go make you the DVD of what we got from today’s visit.” The doctor said, as she headed out the door, flashing us a friendly smile.

“What are you doin-“

I started to ask, before Jeff’s lips planted against mine.

He pulled away quickly to answer my half-asked question. “I couldn’t miss this!”

I lifted my hand up and wrapped it around the back of Jeff’s neck, pulling him down to kiss him again.

“I missed you! I don’t know why I talked you into going there!”

“I don’t know why I let you! I am away from you enough during the season! I can’t do this during the off-season too.”

I was really amazed that Jeff had showed up at the appointment. Not that I didn’t want him to, but I didn’t want him to feel like he had to.

“I love you so much.” I said, laughing a little because this situation was so unreal still.

“Okay guys! You are all set! Here’s your DVD.” To doctor came back in saying, as she handed Jeff the CD case.

We thanked her and said goodbye and then walked back into the lobby and out the door.

“Come meet me at my place.” Jeff said, letting go of my hand to open my door for me. “I have something I have to show you.”

He leaned into kiss me once more before I got into my car.

“See you in a few.” He told me, as he shut my door and walked over to the Tahoe.

I knew he wouldn’t tell me if I asked, so I didn’t bother when I had the chance, but I really wonder what he has to show me. You never know with that guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, I'm sorry:( I needed to throw this in before I do the "surprise" (: