Status: Inactive. Going through some major editing.

If You Love Something... Let It Go.

Chapter 11.

Everything was set up, we all knew what songs we were singing, the surround sound spell that we casted on a CD player was in check, all that was left now was for the other students to arrive into the great hall for the performance. The great hall had been removed of the four long tables and was replaced with enough chairs for everyone to sit in.

All of us got dresses into our performance clothes, I was dressed in a flowing blue dress with high heels and a raven claw bracelet. Bailey got dressed in a smaller but still flowing yellow dress with a badger necklace and bracelet. Ryan got dressed in a black shirt and black skinnies with green and silver belts, and a snake ring and bracelet.

Once everyone arrived the three of us were behind the curtains that were set up around the stage. Dumbledore got up on stage and announced what the performances were going to be and who were singing what song, it was time to start.

I walked out on stage prepared to sing ‘California King Bed’ by Rhianna. I took a deep breath and began,

“Chest to chest, nose to nose, palm to palm we were just that close Wrist to wrist, toe to toe lips that felt just like the inside of a rose.
So how come when I reach out my fingers it feels like more than distance between us?
In this California king bed we’re ten thousand mile apart ive been California wishing on these stars for your heart on me, my California king.
~
Just when I felt like giving up on us you turned around and gave me one last touch, that made everything feel better and even then my eyes got wetter.
~
In this California king bed we’re ten thousand mile apart ive been California wishing on these stars for your heart on me, my California king.”

Everyone clapped and most of the Slytherins were amazed that I could actually sing, they all got quiet when I walked off of the stage and Ryan walked on he had decided he wanted to sing ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars.

“It’s a beautiful night we’re looking for something dumb to do hey baby I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby I think I wanna marry you. Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go o one will know oh, come on girl.
~
I’ll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like ooh, so what ya wanna do? Let’s just run girl. Don’t say no, no, no, no, no just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and we’ll go, go, go, go, go if you’re ready like im ready.
~
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice, who cares, baby I think I wanna marry you”

After he walked off the stage and everyone stopped clapping Bailey stepped out on stage, then all the Slytherins started laughing, because she’s a Hufflepuff. Bailey decided that she wanted to sing ‘Unfaithful’ by Rhianna.

“Story of my life searching for the right but it keeps avoiding me sorrow in my soul ‘cause it seems that wrong really loves my company he’s more than a man and this is more than love the reason that the sky is blue but the clouds are rolling in because im gone again and to him I just cant be true.
~
I feel it in the air as im doing my hair preparing for another date a kiss upon my cheek he’s here reluctantly as if im gonna be out late, I say I wont be long just hanging with the girls a lie I didn’t have to tell because we both know where im about to go and we know it very well
~
And I don’t wanna hurt him anymore I don’t wanna take away his life I don’t wanna be a murdered, a murderer no, no, no, yeah.”

All the Slytherins were gob smacked that she had such a beautiful voice and by the time that it was time for Ryan and I to go onstage and sing a duet we decided on ‘Somebody that I used to know’ by Gotye.

“Ryan – Now and then I think of when we were together like when you said you felt so happy you could die I told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company but that was love and its an ache I still remember”

“Harmony – Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over but had me believin’ it was always something that I’d don’t but I don’t wanna live that way reading into every word you say, you said that you couldn’t let it go and I wouldn’t catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know-oh-oh”
~
“Both – No you didn’t have to stoop so low have your friends collect your records and then change your number, guess that I don’t need that though now you’re just somebody that I used to know.”

We both walked off stage for a little break before the next round of songs started.