Status: Inactive. Going through some major editing.

If You Love Something... Let It Go.

chapter 12.

We went to the side of the stage, gulping down some water because our throats were dry.

“You utterly amazed then Bay; the Slytherins didn’t expect you to be able to sing like that!” I praised her

“And you! With being a muggle born they didn’t think that you would be able to sing either!” Once the piano solo ended it was time for me to go back on stage, this time I decided I would sing ‘Count on me’ by Bruno Mars.

“If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea ill sail the world to find you if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you cant see ill be the light to guide you find out what were made of when we are called upon to help our friends in need.
You can count on me like one two three ill be there and I know when im needed I can count on you like four three two and you’ll be there ‘cause that’s what friends are supposed to do
~
If you toss and you turn and you just cant fall asleep ill sing a song beside you and if you ever forget how much you really mean to me everyday I will remind you find out what we’re made of when we are called to help our friends In need
~
You can count on me ‘cause I can count on you.”

Once I finished the crowd were clapping like maniacs, I looked down and locked eyes with Malfoy, he was staring at me looking utterly amazed that I could sing like that. As soon as he saw my eyes on him he smirked at me and winked, I gave him a disgusted face and walked off the stage. Next it was Ryan’s turn to sing again, his second song was ‘Weightless’ by All Time Low.

“Well im stuck in this fucking rut waiting on a second-hand pick-me-up and im over getting older if I could just find the time then I would never let another day go by im over getting old
~
I make believe that I impress that every word by design turns a head I wanna feel reckless, wanna live it up just because I wanna feel weightless ‘cause that would be enough.
~
Maybe its not my weekend but its gonna be my year and im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere and this is y reaction to everything I fear ‘cause ive been going crazy, I don’t wanna waste another minute here.”

Everyone clapped as usual, the Slytherins cheering the loudest of all, Ryan walked off stage and Bailey waited for a minute before walking on stage. Everyone was quiet before she started singing, even the Slytherins; I guess she showed them that not all Hufflepuff’s are useless. Bailey decided that her second song was going to be ‘Best Thing I Never Had’ by Beyonce.

“What goes around comes back around, hey, my baby what goes around comes back around, my, my, my baby I say what goes around comes back around hey, my baby, what goes around comes back around. There was a time I thought that you did everything right, no lies, no wrong, boy I must’ve been out of my mind.
~
Thank god you blew it I thank god I dodged a bullet, im so over you baby good lookin’ out, I wanted you so bad im so through with that ‘cause, honestly, you turned out to be the best thing I never had, I said you turned out to be the best thing I never had.
~
Goes around, come back around, goes around comes back around, bet it sucks to be you right now, goes around, comes back around I bet it sucks to be you right now, goes around, comes back around I bet it sucks to be you right now.”

They all clapped rather loudly when she walked off of the stage, she walked over to where I was holding a bottle of water for her for when we were both going to go back on stage and do a duet. We decided to sing ‘When you Believe’ By Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.

“Harmony – Many nights we pray with no proof anyone could her and our hearts are hopeful song we barely understand. Now we are not afraid although we know there’s much to fear we were moving mountains long before we knew we could.”

“Bailey – In this time of year when prayer so often proves in vain hope seems like the summer birds too swiftly flown away, and now im standing here my hearts so full I can’t explain seeking faith and speaking words I never thought id say.”

“Both – They don’t always happen when you ask and it’s easy to give in to your fear, ohh but when you’re blinded by your pain can’t see your way safe through the rain thought of a still resilient voice says love is very near, there can be miracles when you believe though hope is frail its hard to kill.”

Bailey left the stage but I stayed on because I had to give a little speech and sing one last song.

“Thank you all for coming tonight, you didn’t have to you all could have stayed in your dorms, but we really appreciate it. I have one last song im going to sing to you all before we have to call it a night. Its yet another muggle song, its called ‘A Thousand Years’ by a lady called Christina Perri”

I took a deep breath and blew it out slowly, then the music started and my voice carried out with it.

“Heart beats fast colours and promises how to be brave how can I love when im afraid to fall but watching you stand alone all of my doubt suddenly goes away some how.
I have died everyday waiting for you darlin’ don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years ill love you for a thousand more.”

I looked down and locked eyes with Drac- I mean Malfoy once again he was watching me closely.

“Time stands still beauty I know she is I will be brave I will not let anything take away what’s standing in front of me every breath every hour has come to this, one step closer”

I looked down at him once again and this time he was looking at me thoughtfully, contemplating something, which seemed like that, something had to do with me.

“And all along I believed I would find you time has brought your heart to me I have loved you for a thousand years ill love you for a thousand more”

I bowed and everyone clapped and that was the end of our performance, and the end of our night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will be my last update for a little while. I can't remember where I got up to on this story before everything got deleted so if you've already read all of this im sorry.