The Rock Star's Baby

Chapter 3

It was about 2 pm when we returned. We had bought so much that most of it had to be delivered by a truck from the mall. Whatever we did bring home with us was currently sitting in a pile of bags and boxes in the middle of the living room floor.

Marilyn and I were just standing in front of the pile, not knowing what to do, and Zim was on the couch with the baby sleeping peacefully in his lap.

“So, what should we start with?” asked Marilyn.
“We should probably start with painting the walls.” I answered.
“Alright then. Lets get started.”

We each picked up a can of the bright pink paint I had picked out and and some paint brushes.

“Would you mind keeping an eye on the baby for us Zim?” I asked.
“Sure, I needed something to do anyway.”
“Thanks Zimmy!” I said as I ran up the stairs.
“No problem.” I heard him shout.

We set the paint supplies down on the floor in the free room that was next to our bedroom. I looked around the room.

“Wheres the floor cover?” I asked.

Marilyn bent over and picked up the package that held the floor cover.

“You mean this thing?”
“Yes, that thing.” I said, rolling my eyes.

I took the package and opened it up.

“Help me spread this out.”

He grabbed one end while I grabbed the other, and we laid it out so that it was covering every inch of floor. We didn't want to have to scrub paint off the floor. We opened the cans of paint and began painting.

I started painting one wall while Marilyn was painting another. After I had already finished one wall, I stepped back to admire my work. I looked over at Marilyn, who had also finished the wall he had been working on, and he was already starting another. I was about to get started on the next wall, but decided to have some fun first. I went up to Marilyn with a paintbrush in my hand and splattered the pink paint all over his face and arms.

“What the fuck are you doing??!!” Marilyn shouted. “Are you fucking crazy?!”

I giggled and ran to the other side of the room.

“Its not fucking funny Twiggy!”
“Its just paint Marilyn. It comes off.”
“That doesn't mean I want it all over me.”

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off.”

Marilyn sighed.

“Its okay Twiggs.”

Then he took his paintbrush and splattered me with paint.

“Hey!”
“You deserve it.”
“Yeah, your right.” I said, giggling a little.

After the last two walls were painted, Marilyn and I made our way back downstairs. Zim looked up at us as we entered the room.

“What the hell happened to you guys? I thought you were painting the room, not each other.”
“We got a little carried away.” I said.

Zim shook his head, an amused smile on his face.

“Of course you did.”
“ Wheres everyone else?” I asked.
“Pogo's in the bathroom, Tim's in the kitchen, and John and Ginger are upstairs in their bedroom.”
“Oh, okay.”

I then looked over at the baby who was trying to fit her whole fist in her mouth. I smiled at how cute she looked.

“Well I should go wash all this paint off.” said Marilyn.
“Me too.” I added.

Then we both went over to the bathroom to wash up. Pogo exited the bathroom just as we approached it.

“You guys look hilarious.” he said, Laughing a little.
“Yeah yeah, we know.” said Marilyn.

Later that night, Marilyn and I were lying on our bed with the baby. I was tickling her belly and Marilyn was gently stroking the soft brown hair on her head. I looked up at him.

“You know what, we didn't name her yet.” I said.
“Does she already have a name?” asked Marilyn.
“I don't know.”
“Well, check her clothes or something. Maybe her name is on them.”

I checked her clothes, her blanket and even the basket she came in. There was no name anywhere. Then I saw the gold bracelet around her wrist.

“Hey, there's something written on her bracelet.” I said.

On the bracelet them name "Ramona" was clearly written in cursive letters.

“I think her name is Ramona. That's what is says on her bracelet.”
“Okay, then we don't have to name her.”
“Ramona. I like it.” I said.

Marilyn looked down at her and saw that she had fallen asleep.

“Looks like someones tired.”
“Well, it is pretty late. And she did have a long day, so she should be tired. Lets go put her to bed.”

Marilyn picked up the sleeping baby and carefully placed her in her crib, which we had set up in our room for the night so the walls in her room could dry. We smiled down at her. Then I placed a kiss on her head and we went to our bed.

I snuggled up into Marilyn's chest.

“Good night Marilyn.”
“Good night Twiggs.”

He kissed the top of my head, then we fell asleep snuggled up into each others chests.