Status: Hiatus. I'm so sorry. (tumblr: isitwarpedtouryet)

The Beach

Chapter 5

Nessa's POV.

I woke up in my bunk, my blankets tucked around me. I sat up groggily, the events of the day slowly coming back to me. My stomach growled loudly. What time is it? I looked at my phone. 2 AM. JEEZ! I passed out at what, 4:30!? Damn. I hate falling asleep during the day. But hey, fainting on stage in front of thousands of people takes it out of you. I found a bright pink sticky note on my bunk's wall, next to my huge collage of pictures.

By the time you wake up, everyone will probably be asleep, parked somewhere halfway to tomorrow's venue. We stopped for dinner and we got you a big mac meal. It's in the fridge, so you can microwave it if you're hungry. Hope the coke isn't too soft. :)
-Izzy

I smiled to myself as I rolled out of my bunk, landing like a ninja, both feet flat on the floor, my fingertips barely touching it. I stood up and slowly opened the door to the front lounge/kitchen-place-thing, closing it quietly behind me as I entered. Once inside, I flicked the lights on and opened the fridge, pulling out the big mac box and fries and tossing them in the microwave, closing the little door and setting the time for 2 minutes. I sat on the couch. The door to the bunks opened, revealing none other than my brother, Alex.
"Can't sleep?" I asked him. He nodded.
"What about you? Hungry?" he guessed. I laughed and nodded.
"Listen, Ness..." Alex began.
"What?"
"About what happened today..."
"It's not a big deal!" I snapped.
"It's not a big deal!? You fucking fainted! You scared the shit out of me! Thank god Izzy was there, I had no fucking idea what to do!" Alex replied angrily.
"What's your point?" I asked irritably.
"It made me realize that...that maybe I have no fucking idea how to take care of you and Celeste! Maybe you two would be better off with someone else." Alex admitted.
"ALEX! How can you say that!? You're our brother, no one in the world is more suited to take care of us than you! Don't you want us to be with you!?" I practically screamed at him. The microwave beeped, but neither of us broke eye contact to glance at it, glaring at each other angrily.
"It was a stupid idea, bringing you two with me. What the hell am I thinking, bringing two fucking kids on tour with us? Children are not designed to be on tour! Especially not a diabetic one and a four year old! Maybe you should go home. You can stay with Lisa at my-" said Alex.
"Don't even bother finishing that sentence, Alexander William Gaskarth. You listen, and you listen good. I am not going 'home' to live with your girlfriend. She's practically a stranger! I can take care of myself! You don't know anything about me anymore! The diabetes is the easiest thing I have to deal with! I've done a pretty damn good job of taking care of Celeste for the last four years, I don't need you to take care of us! I just-" my voice broke as tears carved paths down my cheeks. "Don't make me go back, 'Lex. I-I like it here. This tour has been the perfect distraction from...you know...Dad. Please. Don't make me go back." I begged.
"Fine," Alex nodded solemnly. "But you guys have to teach me how to inject one of those glucose shot things that Izzy did today. You know, just in case Izzy isn't around." I nodded. "Although, I'm pretty that kid will always be around to protect you..." Alex whispered to himself so quietly, I wasn't sure I'd heard it; then he walked back into the bunk area and closed the door behind him.

I pulled my food out of the microwave and grabbed my coke from the fridge, sitting at the booth/couch/awkward-tiny-table-thing. I stuffed a few fries into my mouth and sipped some coke, mind still reeling about what had just happened. Alex doesn't even know who I am anymore. To be expected, I guess, given that we're ten whole years apart. I sighed. The diabetes is easy, all I have to do is get some sugar in my system and I'm good. I wish the rest of my life was that easy. It isn't supposed to be like this. A fourteen year old should not be used to fending for herself and her sister. She should have a cushy life at home with both parents. Her brother shouldn't move out when she is only eight. She should have lots of friends, not just a male best friend and one female girlfriend. She should be happy and free and I'm...not. She should be strong and pretty and confident. She shouldn't be weak and average and awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Agh, this is so short!
I promise I'll make up for it next time!
Holy hell, I have 19 readers and 4 subscribers!
Thank you!
Not to be greedy or anything but you know, it would be nice if you commented. Or you know, left something in my tumblr ask if you don't have a Mibba account. (epicninjachica.tumblr.com)

Oh! And I made a character page! :D

~Ninja