Status: I am starting this on January 30th. My goal is to have it completed by March 30th. WISH ME LUCK :D

I Don't Want This to Make Things Awkward

August 31st

Shit. He was fucked.

Nate was sitting across from an empty chair at a fancy restaurant in Philadelphia. They were an hour or so from home and Nate was still paranoid. Zoe had just excused herself to take a phone call and he was using the time to screw his head back on and calm other parts of his body.

Every time she had leaned forward to take a bite of her meal, he caught the slightest bit of a black lace bra from under her red tank top. He was being tortured slowly, but surely, and absolutely loving it.

Lyle was going to kill him.

"Hey, sorry about that. My older brother Eric was checking on me." Zoe slid back onto her chair and turned a grin in his direction. "He's a little overprotective, but in a cute way."

"Oh. It's fine. I was just thinking."

"About what?" Zoe leaned forward, deliberately reaching for his dessert plate. He grinned and pulled it back just out of her reach. She leaned farther and then laughed when she realized what he was doing. "Can I please try a bite?" she said with a pout.

Nate watched her bottom lip stick out and almost groaned in anticipation. She was doing incredible things to his imagination. God if he could just take the whipped cream off of his dessert and lick it off of her body...mmm.

"Nate?" Zoe wanted to laugh at the look in his eyes. He looked like he wanted to eat her. Then when she thought about it, that wasn't a bad idea.

Caught staring, Nate chuckled and cut off a bite of his brownie with a fork and held it out to her. She reached for the fork and he pulled back. "Let me." WIth a seductive look in her eye, she took the challenge and closed her lips around his fork. Letting her eyes close with the delicious taste of chocolate and whipped cream, she made a small humming noise in the back of her throat. When she opened her eyes, Nate was staring at her with an incredulous look in his eye. "I want you."

Zoe met his gaze evenly while he mentally cursed himself. "I'm not easy to get Nate. I'll be honest with you, I'm picky. I'll tell you something else too though. I want you too and it won't take much to convince me to be with you. I just need to know that I'm more than a one night stand."

Nate thought about how wrong she was. He didn't date. He didn't meet parents or siblings or family. He never thought about long term. But with her, he was willing to do anything.

Anything at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to put in a cuss or two :) to make up for last chapter at least.

SO now you start seeing how Nate feels and Zoe's insecurities.

there will be more input later :DD

comments???