Status: In Progress

You're Pretty From Afar

two

3 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 22 seconds.

That was how long I had left until I was with Josh again- 3 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 22 seconds. I could do it, it wasn’t long when you think about it. The first week was the worst, he wasn’t there when I got home, when I went to bed, when I woke up, he just wasn’t there. When I wasn’t at work I spent most of the time on the sofa and counting down the minutes, no seconds, until I was able to see him (sad, I know). The second week wasn’t as bad, I threw myself into my work and went out with Mia a couple of times; she was going through it too, I knew she missed Max she just didn’t show it. We had dinner together most nights and went out for drinks a couple of times to numb the pain; it was actually quite nice to spend time with just the two of us. Josh was living with us now so it wasn’t the same as it used to be so it reminded me of how much I loved her.

Josh and I had been texting constantly, having the odd phone call when we were both free; we skyped a lot too but that just reminded me of how much I wanted to be there with him and be able to cuddle up to him so I preferred texting. I could tell he was happy and having fun recording, at times I sensed he was stressed but it would be weird if he wasn’t. Just like me he seemed equally excited for me to come out and visit- I couldn’t wait.

***

Mia and I had had a long night flight but the both of us were so excited to be in America and to be seeing the guys we couldn’t be more awake- we were practically jumping up and down in our seats as the plane landed.

“Ok, we’ll get our luggage super-fast and then leave as quickly as possible!” Mia said rapidly.

“Plan. But wait, I look like such a dog, I can’t let him see me like this for the first time in three weeks,” I said trying to look in the reflection of my tiny pocket mirror.

Mia looked at me shocked, “Who are you and what have you done with my best friend? Since when have you ever cared about looking good for a bloke? And, you don’t look like a dog, you look like you’ve just been on a nine hour flight. He’s not going to break up with you because your hair is a bit matted plus, you’re still going to get some later so it doesn’t matter!”

I pulled a face at Mia, “Fine, but if I don’t, it’s your fault,” I stuck my tongue out at her.

Mia and I literally raced through the airport, not realising that no matter how quick we got to baggage handling it still would be forever until they unloaded the plane. However, once we got our luggage we headed straight the exit and were on constant look out for the guys. The heat hit us immediately as soon as we stepped out the airport, it felt so good on my skin, just what I needed.

There he was. Standing by the parking lot wearing jeans and a t shirt with shades on, he looked so gorgeous. I dropped my suitcase and ran up to him before he had the chance to spot me- I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist, nearly taking him out in doing so. I clung onto Josh so tightly, I didn’t ever want to let go.

“I’ve missed you so fucking much!” I squealed into his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tightly, “Not as much as I’ve missed you!”

I pulled away from him, “Oh yeah, you want a bet?”

Josh grinned back at me and kissed me hard, pushing against my lips roughly- ugh, I had seriously missed him.

Once Max and Josh had taken us back to the hotel they were staying in, we met up with the rest of the guys and headed for lunch.

“Look who it is,” I heard Matt say from behind me.

I turned around and smiled, “Well, if it isn’t Matthew Barnes,” I laughed as he pulled me into a hug.

“We’ve missed you kiddo, and this miserable bastard has been a complete sod without you so if you could, please sort him out,” he laughed as he playfully hit Josh.

Josh hit Matt back playfully, “I have not! I have just been trying to get in the zone, the right mentality for recording,” he defended himself.

“If that’s your story,” he rolled his eyes and turned back to me, “please just go do it with him, he needs uplifting if you know what I mean,” Matt winked.

I just laughed, Matt was always the one who made me laugh.

“Lillian, how have you been these past few weeks?” Dan said as he came towards me and pulled me into a hug.

“I was fine up until the point you called me Lillian,” I pouted.

“Sorry girl, it’s been so long I forgot!”

“How come your girlfriend is here and mine is not? This is not fair!” I heard Chris complain.

“Nice to see you too Chris,” I said mockingly.

Chris smiled at me, “Don’t get me wrong, I love you Lils but I miss Georgie, you know how it is. How are you anyway?”

“I know and she misses you like crazy. Do you know you’re the only person who has asked me that? I am fine now I have my boys back,” I winked cheekily.

“Awh, good to hear!” he smiled as he hugged me too.

I suddenly felt really tired and did the biggest yawn ever, jet lag was a killer.

“You tired babe?” Josh asked as he put his hand around my waist.

I fell into his body, “No, I’m okay,” I lied and yawned once again.

“Oh yeah, you don’t seem tired at all,” Josh said sarcastically, “let’s take you to bed.”

“Well there’s an offer I can’t refuse,” I smirked.

“Damn I’ve missed you,” Josh beamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just going to get this story going so I'll just post once I've written the chapter probably but a few comments would be nice just to keep the motivation going!