Status: In Progress

You're Pretty From Afar

twenty four

“Are you coming to the airport?” Mia asked me as I walked into the lounge of our apartment.

I was completely confused to what she was referring to, “As much as I love watch planes take off, it’s my last day off before I got back to work and I would rather just chill out if you don’t mind.”

Mia threw a pillow at me but I dodged it with my ninja like skills, “You know what I mean. Come meet the guys at the airport with me, I don’t want to go on my own,” she moaned.

Mia and I had been back home for nearly a whole week and I had to say I felt a weight of relief had been lifted from my shoulders. I was glad that I had gotten away from Josh and everything, it was like I was able to breathe again.

That last night when Josh had thought something was going on between Dan and I was crazy. Admittedly I couldn’t remember exactly what had happened before that but I remember that I tried to kiss Dan and that’s when Josh caught us. Josh completely flipped out, I had never seen him so angry before, the alcohol in his system was not beneficial either. He began to hit Dan and was shouting at him, I didn’t know what to do and to be honest it scared me. I felt incredibly guilty for getting Dan hurt when it was me who kissed him, I practically forced myself upon him.

The day we left I didn’t talk to Josh at all, I was stupidly mad at him for what he did. Dan and him somehow managed to talk it out and there wasn’t a problem between them, but I just couldn’t do that. Josh had to know that he couldn’t just get away with something like that, it wasn’t right.

I hopped in the passenger seat as Mia and I headed to the airport to meet the guys. I had missed them actually, I couldn’t wait to catch up with everyone, life had been pretty dull without them around so I was pretty excited to go see them.

Mia and I stood by the exit that they were due to come out of and I could feel how excited Mia was to see Max, she was practically dancing.

“Excited much?” I laughed.

Mia tried to stand still, “I’m sorry, I just didn’t realise I would miss him this much you know. I can’t bear to be away from him these days and I just really, really miss him,” she smiled happily.

“You guys are so cute,” I responded with a smile.

Within a matter of minutes five guys I recognised came towards us; Max running towards Mia, Matt and Dan laughing hysterically at something and Chris and Josh barely able to stay awake. Matt came to hug me first and squeezed me tightly.

“How you doing kiddo?” Matt teased.

“Not bad, how was your flight?” I asked them all.

Dan hung his arm around me, “It was alright, this lot were either hyped up on coffee,” he said looking at Max, “or snoring so fucking loudly I couldn’t hear myself think!”

“Glad to know you had fun then,” I laughed but soon stopped when I caught Josh’s eye and I could almost feel everyone tense up and I hated that.

“He’s really sorry you know,” Dan whispered in my ear but I didn’t respond, I just carried on towards the car.

Matt and Chris’s girlfriends, Holly and Georgie had arrived just as the boys met up with us and the looks on the guys faces was priceless. They both lit up instantly, Chris even managed to wake up from his sleepy coma and caught Georgie in a big hug as she ran up to him. It was such a cute sight, like something from a movie and it made me long for something like that.

I didn’t mind taking Max and Dan home but now because the guys went off with their girlfriend’s but unfortunately for me we now had the delight of taking Josh home too. Before we all went home we decided to get a Starbucks and McDonalds on the way back and I went to join Matt and Chris in the queue for a Starbucks whilst the others sat down. Just as I was about to join them I heard their conversation and couldn’t help but stay silent to listen in even though I knew it was wrong.

I silently stood behind them and listened in, “Yeah he said something about going to see her later,” Matt muttered to Chris.

“Wait, so he is actually going to break up with her?” Chris questioned. I tried to figure out what they were talking about but

“Yep, that’s what he said. To be honest I think it’s for the best, he’s been such an idiot recently. He fucked up with Lily and treated Holly like shit so I think he’s doing the right thing for once,” Matt commented. I froze at the mention of my name, they were talking about Josh, I knew it. He was going to break up with Holly.

“I’m glad to see he’s facing up to things just as long as he’s doing it for the right reasons,” Chris said pointedly.

Just as Chris said this I thought the exact same thing. Why was Josh breaking up with Holly? If it was because he thought it would affect me in some way, he was wrong and he should save her the heartbreak. There was no way that this would change my mind about him in anyway, he was deluded if he thought it would.

I realised I had been listening to their conversation for far too long so casually made myself apparent to them and they rapidly changed the subject, of which I was glad.

After everyone had a good catch up the boys all really wanted to go home and rest so we headed back to the car. Dan was first to be dropped off and I hugged him tightly before he left and we made plans to meet up for lunch in the next couple of days which I was looking forward too, as always.

Josh and Max were almost asleep by the time we got to their apartment so Mia and I got their luggage out the car first so they could sleep longer. They eventually got out the car and as Max and Mia were sharing a long goodbye (I don’t know why because they were seeing each other later) Josh came next to me and grabbed the rest of his stuff.

I don’t know why I said it but I couldn’t refrain from not mentioning it, he just managed to piss me off without even doing anything, “If you’re going to break up with Holly because of me, don’t bother Josh, it doesn’t change anything,” I said bitterly.

Josh didn’t even make a sound, he gave me an extremely cold look- seriously if looks could kill, I don’t even know why he got so offended by it but that look would probably stay with me forever. Josh had never looked at me with such disgust and abhorrence, it kind of scared me. He didn’t add anything and simply walked up to the apartment door, leaving me hanging.
♠ ♠ ♠
The boys are back home now so do you think that Lily and Josh should be back together or just leave it as it is?
I've written the next few chapters but I'm not too happy with them so it may take a while for me to re-write/edit them, but if not, I hope they are okay!
Thanks for reading and all you silent readers, don't be shy, add a comment, seriously I appreciate feedback greatly!