Status: active :)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Chapter 10

"Oh, Milan, Brittany, this is Avery. Aves, this is Milan and Brittany." Adam introduced the two people that were silently standing in the doorway. If there was one thing that I absolutely hat, it's meeting new people. That hate just intensified after the accident.

"Hey Avery, nice to meet ya," The guy Milan said as he held out his hand to greet me. I just stared at it icily. He pulled his hand away as the girl also said, "Hello". I just smiled and turned to Adam and said,

"Well, I got my class schedule and you and I are gonna have to go over it together to figure out how I am gonna get to each class."

"Why?" Milan asks before Adam could say anything.

"Because I'm not allowed by law to drive with only one arm and I only have so much money to pay for a taxi ride. Also, because it's too long of a walk from Adam's place to the Uni." I said with a roll of my eye. I mean, wasn't the answer obvious?

"I'll have a look at it with you when we get home," Adam states when Milan doesn't say anything. I just nod and the four of us fall into an awkward silence. After a moment or two, the girl Brittany walks out of the room, leaving me and the two guys alone.

"Do you mind if I turn the TV on?" I ask, not really knowing what else to do.

"Oh...uh, sure. I'll put it on for ya." Milan mutters as he now fumbles with the remote. I sit down on the couch and just start to flip through channels, hoping to find something that I would like.

"Who are you? Adam's puck fuck?" A sharp voice from behind me says.My jaw clenches as I turn my head around and growl,

"You wish." The lady gets a glimpse of my missing limb and says, "Or are you his charity case? Just something that will make his image look better?" That does it. I'm up on my feet in no time, ready to punch the day-lights out of her.

"Adam, leave me the fuck alone! Get the hell off of me!" I holler as Adam comes up from behind me and stops me in the middle of my wind-up.

"I won't let go until you promise not to hurt her." Adam informed me as his hold on me gets tighter against my restraints.

"She called me a fucking charity case! What do you expect me to do? Bow down and worship her?" I growled, wishing that I had my other arm to knock loose his grip on me.

"Leah, you didn't..."

"Wait, you're Leah? The girl her totally fucked up with?" I interrupted.

"You told her what happened? What the fuck Adam! I bet you told her that I am pregnant too," Leah shouted, looking beyond pissed. I stopped all movement and went inert in Adam's arms.

"You...you got her pregnant?" I whispered, not knowing that was the reason they broke up.

"Way to go Leah...u, ya. She's pregnant with my child," Adam stated, his own grip loosening.

"Wow...I did NOT see that one coming. Wow..." I murmur. "So why the hell are you letting me stay with you when your girlfriend is pregnant?"

"That's exactly what I want to know. Though, I think that I know the answer; she's just your fuck buddy, right Adam? Someone to fill in that void in your life?" Leah says, disgust totally dripping in her voice.

"Ew...NO! That's gross! Why would I want to fuck him? He's like six years older than me!" I exclaimed.

"Well, if you're not screwing her over, then why the fuck is she staying with you?" Leah asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Leah, she's my best friend and she needed a place to stay while she goes to college since she can't afford a place of her own or a dorm." Adam explained. Leah's eyes softened as she muttered,

"Wow, I must really look like an idiot right now. Gosh, Avery, I am so sorry." Not really knowing what else to do, I just quietly walk over to her and hugged her the best I could with one arm.

"It's alright," I whispered in her ear. "I probably would've done the same thing if I was in your position." Leah pulled away from me, tears glistened in her eyes, as she mouthed, 'thank you'.

"Well, now that we got that all straightened out, why don't we all head into the kitchen to eat dinner?" Brittany asked, walking into the room. Everyone just nodded and silently followed Brittany back into the kitchen. Just as I was about to walk through the door like everyone else, a strong grasp pulled me aside.

"Thanks." Adam said as he let go of my arm.

"For what? I didn't do anything special." I said, not looking into his eyes, for I knew what he was talking about.

"Yeah you do and you know it. So, thanks." I just slowly nodded, still refusing to look into his eyes and seeing the gratitude in them.

"Oh, by the way, I'm bringing you to meet my team-mates tomorrow, it's about time that you meet them." Adam says after a second of silence between us. My head snaps up and this time I look him in the eyes.

"WHAT!?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
well...everyones all happy and lovey-dovey with each other...ya not for long. keep reading to find out why...please comment!!! and subscribe!!! thanks!!! and how about that Bruins win yesterday...eh, eh...haha...the luck of the Irish was definitely with them...COMMENT PLEASE!!!
-meaghan