Status: Work In Progress!

That Girl

The Facts

“Jack, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE BATHROOM!” I screeched pounding my fists on the bathroom door.

“Sorry twinny, I’m busy beautifying myself!” I heard him practically sing from the other side of the door.

Absolute douche bag! He was sitting in there doing absolutely nothing! He always does shit like this to annoy me, stupid pig has nothing else to do with his time. His life is pathetic! Jack Barakat ladies and gentlemen! My good for nothing twin brother who’s only interested in playing in his stupid band with his only three idiotic friends. I start hitting the door again as hard as I can whilst Jack’s booming laugh echoes through the house.

“What the hell is going on up here?” my mum asks practically running up the stairs.

“Your so called son” I say pointing a finger at her “has once again taken the bathroom hostage so I can’t get ready for school!” I shriek like a banshee.

“Oh for crying out loud you’ve got plenty of time to do your hair and throw that stuff on your face Ella” my mum replies disapprovingly. She always did that, shot my problems down and took Jacks side. Apparently a disappointment dirty hippy for a son is better than, in her words, a ’superficial bitch’ of a daughter. Oh okay then. As soon as I’m done with school I’m out of this place like my Dad. He had the right idea, pity he didn’t bother to take me with him. Regardless, I don’t care, I don’t need anyone in this family, they’ll all leave eventually, that’s why I’m getting out of here.

“Jack love, get out of the bathroom, you’ve annoyed your sister enough for one morning, my head can’t taking anymore banging or shouting” my Mum shouted through the door.

On queue the lock clicked and out walked my lanky brother with his over grown hair that could really use some conditioner and his t-shirt and jeans three sizes too big for him, all black. He looked ridiculous. The thing that annoyed me more was his constant smile, I mean he dressed all in black, why was he happy?

I didn’t even wait for anyone to say anything, I merely shoved past my twin brother and stormed into the bathroom slamming the door behind me. I could hear their muffled conversation as I turned on the hot water tap and begin to slide out of my silk pyjamas, something about how my Mum doesn’t know what to do about my attitude. At least I was doing well in school unlike her stupid son.

Ok, so here’s the deal, my Dad left when Jack and I were eight, until then he was our hero. He couldn’t do any wrong, that is until he walked out on us without a word. Jack and I used to be inseparable, literally the definition of in sync, people instantly knew we were twins, it was obvious, we were so similar. When my Dad left Jack learned to adapt and rely on only one parent, I on the other hand learned that no matter who the person is, they will let you down. So I removed myself from any relationship that could fall apart in advance. Ever since I haven’t bonded with anyone, I have friends, well more like a posse, it’s better that way. I know I really hurt Jack and my Mum when I removed myself from the family bond but I don’t care, they’d have only let me down eventually anyway. See the only person you have in this world is yourself, so have fun, fuck as many people as you like, trust no one and don’t get close enough to anyone to let them fuck you over. That’s my motto. Jacks completely different, he’s still as naïve as ever, throwing trust in all directions and making friends with all sorts of street rats.

I’m respected in school, I’m known as the ‘it’ girl, why? Well because I’m a realist and I guess that’s what the kids like to see. I suppose it doesn’t hurt that I’m beautiful and admired my the whole student body either. But whatever, I use my looks to get what I want, so fuck. Why shouldn’t I? Its got nothing to do with having no self respect either like my Mum would tell me, I have plenty of self respect, if I didn’t I’d be like Jack and throwing myself at people craving to be loved. I’m not. I love myself, that’s all that matters.

Anyway, my Mum has never gotten over me and Jacks bond crumbling, she’d give anything to have her ‘troubling twosome’ back. She’d also love for me to actually talk to her about my life but why should I? She’s not permanent, my Dad taught me that, no one stays forever, they get bored, they pack up and move away. Fuck it, I’ve just annoyed myself, time to compose myself, finish getting ready and put ‘it’ girl façade up for school. I have a reputation to uphold after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY, so this is my first fan fiction, i have it up on wattpad as well, but i thought i'd post i here. If you're reading this let me know what you think etc (: Much Love, C xxx