Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Thirty

The cloaked man gripped my upper arm tightly so I couldn’t try to run. My heart was pounding in my chest.

“Bring her forward,” the deep voice came again. I trembled as I was pulled forward and turned to face the front of the chair. My eyes met with another cloaked figure, but draped in red velvet instead of black. I figured that had some sort of significance since all the other cloaks I’d seen were plain black, but like all the others, his face was hidden by the hood. I bit my lip nervously as he surveyed me in silence. He shifted in his seat, mumbling in a puzzled tone.

“Uhm, excuse me?” I asked. My cloaked companion stiffened immediately and the man in the chair let out an amused chuckle. After a few more moments of silence, he spoke.

“Why do they keep you around? Not for your wit, I suppose?” the deep voice asked curiously. I blinked, surprised. When I didn’t answer immediately, the grip on my arm tightened and I let out a low moan from the pain. The man in the chair gestured, and the painful grip immediately loosened.

“Uhm. I don’t really know why, to be honest,” I mumbled.

“Hmmm,” the man pondered. He waved lazily at the cloaked man who held my arm. He immediately bowed his head and dragged me from the room, and in a whirl of motion, I was back in the bedroom I’d changed in. I had to grip one of the bedposts to keep from falling over. I heard the cloaked man chuckle, and I scowled in his direction.

“What the hell was that for?” I asked angrily, trying to keep my balance. He just laughed more. I growled lowly, and he smirked.

“He was done with you. He observed, and will report to the council,” he replied arrogantly. I scoffed angrily.

“So you made me play dress up for no damn reason?” I asked incredulously. He chuckled.

“Well, you certainly look ravishing in it,” he said in a low whisper. I immediately looked around for something else to put on. He seemed to notice, and pointed to an adjacent door that looked like it led to a bathroom. “Change. And be out in five minutes.” When I turned to retort, I saw the same threat on his face as was before when he forced me to change, and I hurriedly went into the bathroom and locked the door. There was an off-white dress hanging on the wall. After I’d taken off my shoes and changed dresses, I looked in the mirror, frowning. The dress was beautiful; it was draped in a Grecian style, and it hung off my shoulders elegantly. Jimmy’s necklace reflected the little candlelight, and I bit my lip as I thought. I wondered what the guys were doing, hoping that they weren’t trying to do anything stupid or getting hurt because of me. A sharp rap on the door brought me back to reality.

“I think I’m going to change back,” I said nervously as I heard him try the locked door.

“Open this door, now,” he commanded in a dangerous voice. As I reached for the doorknob, it clicked and flew open. The silence that followed was unnerving. He held out his hand, and I hesitated. “It’s the better decision,” he repeated his words from earlier. I reluctantly took his hand, and he pulled me back out into the bedroom, sitting me on the bed. He sat next to me, never releasing my hand. “So, why does Sullivan keep you around?” he asked, his tone neutral. I tried to scoot away; he was sitting less than a foot away, and it made me anxious. He chuckled, and didn’t let me move. “Why do they keep you? What is your purpose to them?” All the feelings I’d been hiding and bottling up exploded.

“I don’t fucking know, okay?! I’m just a plain little human girl! I’m not unique, I’m not special,” I half exploded. As silence took the room, he raised his other hand to my face, softly tilting my chin up so that he could speak into my ear.

“I could make you special,” he whispered seductively, his breath spilling down over my neck. I was shell-shocked.

“W-what did you say?” I stuttered. He planted a single kiss at the corner of my jaw, and I slapped his as hard as I could across the face. His hood fell back, revealing untamed brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a glinting lip ring. My eyes widened, taking in the sight of my captors face. This wasn’t what I’d expected him to look like at all. He looked almost… Hot. Really hot. His perfect lips pulled up in a smirk as he studied my expression.

“Something wrong?” he asked in the same sensual tone, running his fingertips along my bare shoulder.

“I… I…” I stuttered, trying to form coherent words. He pushed me down on the bed, climbing on top of me to keep me pinned.

“Let me make you mine,” he practically purred in my ear. My heart was pounding in my throat, and I couldn’t form any words, much less think of what to actually say. I began to tremble as his lips reconnected with the tender skin at the corner of my jaw, and my breath hitched in my throat as he ran his tongue along the length of my neck. “Be mine,” he said, his sweet voice melting me. My eyes snapped wide open as the familiar words rang through my head again, but in a different voice. ‘Be mine’ he words echoed in my mind as optimistic green eyes shone as brightly as the black diamond ring in his hands. I shook my head, bringing me back to reality. This was wrong.

“Never!” I said loudly, shoving him off of me. He thudded to the ground, completely taken off guard by my offensive move. I jumped off of the bed and tore towards the door as fast as I could. I didn’t know where I would go, but I knew I wanted to be as far away from his as possible. Before I could even reach the door, a strong hand wrapped around my wrist.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he snarled nastily as I struggled against his hold.

“Anywhere that’s away from you,” I growled back, pulling even harder.

“You are mine!” he said through his teeth, pulling me even closer.

“Never!” I half screamed, fighting the hopeless battle with all my might. “I’ll never be yours so long as my heart belongs to him!” He looked down at my hand for the first time, seeing the shimmering black diamond. He let out an angry scream, and grabbed my face, making me look at him.

“This is the Baker crest,” he said angrily, and I smirked. His eyes were on fire. “BAKER?!” he yelled, throwing me into the wall. I grunted in pain, but before I could move, he grabbed both of my wrists and pinned them with one hand above my head. I struggled all I could, but it did me no good. He closed the gap between us, his face barely centimeters from mine. I turned my face away. He grabbed in with his free hand and wrenched me to face him. “You belong to Baker?!” he asked angrily. I smirked, nodding. I could feel him begin to shake with anger.

“No matter what you do or say, I’ll always belong to him,” I goaded, trying to make him lose his cool so I could have a better chance at getting away. His breaths came in heavy gasps and his entire body shook from anger. The fury in his eyes started to frighten me. Maybe fanning the flames wasn’t such a good idea. He grabbed Zacky’s ring and threw it to the floor.

“You are mine now,” he grunted angrily.

“I will always belong to him!” I shouted in a last act of boldness before all my courage faltered. He roared, outraged and his eyes bore into mine.

“I will make you mine!” he half yelled before wrenching my face to the side and plunging his teeth into my neck. I screamed as I felt the venom begin to pump through my veins, and blood dripped from between his lips and dulled the shine of the “S.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tera's outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=50998184

***

Hey, sorry it's been so long! I really hope this update makes up for it. :D
Let me know what you think, please.
Comment and subscribe. :)
xoxoMel