Status: Going on hiatus for awhile.

Trapped in a Vile World

Chapter Seven

I gasped, completely shocked. His smirk grew darker. Jimmy looked down at me, his smile fading. He turned around and his eyes widened.

“Johnny!” he exclaimed, surprised. “What are you doing here?!” he asked seriously, losing his surprised and starting to sound angry. Johnny laughed darkly, sounding amused.

“Want to take a guess, Jimmy?” his voice hissed, quiet, yet dangerous. He smiled devilishly, and I began to tremble. Jimmy stepped in front of me, but I could still see over his shoulder.

“You can’t have her, Johnny,” he said protectively, a low growl in his voice.

“And who’s going to stop me?” his voice provoked.

“I don’t think you need an answer,” he spat at him, blocking my body protectively. He glanced down at me, seeing the fear in my eyes. “You’re gonna be okay,” he soothed me quietly. “I’m going to protect you.”

“Well, isn’t that sweet?” Johnny sneered at him. Jimmy snarled from deep in his chest. “You care about the little human girl. Are you going to die for her?” he asked sinisterly, looking me right in the eye. My eyes widened. Jimmy blocked Johnny from my sight.

“No,” I said quietly, stepping out beside Jimmy. Johnny’s whole body tensed as he raked me over hungrily with his eyes, making me tremble. I tried to stand tall, looking brave.

As Johnny took a step forward, Jimmy grabbed my hand and threw me back on the couch and curled his body around mine so that my body was completely sheltered by his.

“No!” I heard Johnny scream, outraged. I could hear blows landing on Jimmy’s body and I cringed. Jimmy didn’t flinch, but his breathing was heavy. I was shaking.

“I promised I would protect you,” Jimmy’s strain voice whispered in my ear.

“No,” I whispered back, continuing to listen to Johnny’s furious yells and blows on Jimmy’s back. “No, Jimmy. It’s not worth it.” He scoffed, strained.

“It’s no big deal. He’ll calm down,” He said, strained. Then I heard a particularly nasty blow crack something in Jimmy’s back. His face scrunched and he groaned in pain. “Fuck this,” he mumbled. “Cover your ears,” he whispered to me. I did as instructed. “BRIAN!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. There wasn’t so much as a pause in Johnny’s fury.

I heard the door slam open and running footsteps.

“DAMN IT, JOHNNY!” I heard Brian’s voice roar as he tackled him to the ground. I could see the relief as Jimmy’s body relaxed and he uncurled from around my body and grabbed his right ribcage, grimacing. I could see Brian subduing Johnny on the floor a few feet away. I looked at Jimmy and saw blood pouring down his back.

“Jimmy!” I gasped. He looked down at me. I reached out a hand and turned him around. He had a huge gash his left shoulder that blood was pouring out of and covered his tattooed back. One of his ribs was sticking out against his side in a strange way. “Oh my god, Jimmy,” I said, tearing up.

Brian had wrestled Johnny to submission and was dragging him out of the room.

Jimmy started to sway a little. I ran around to his front and touched his face. His eyes seemed clouded.

“Jimmy,” I whispered. His breathing was irregular and he coughed a little. “Jimmy,” I said a little louder. His eyes rolled up in his head and he collapsed. I tried to catch him, but he just fell half on top of me, knocking us both to the ground. “Jimmy!” I screamed. “Jimmy! Jimmy! No, Jimmy! Jimmy no, stay with me!” I half-screamed, uselessly trying to shake him back to consciousness.