Meaningless Routine

never been so easy, or so slow.

Image

Of course our date didn't have a carriage pulled by horses or a ball, but I did have to be home by midnight and he did kiss me. The kiss, however, had only been on the cheek. Aiden claimed that he respected me too much to kiss me on the first date. He didn't want to ruin anything and he himself said that he wanted everything to go perfectly.

The next weekend, we went out again. The following Wednesday, we went out a third time. For our fourth date, which was that Saturday, he had taken me to meet his family finally. They were all extremely nice and had told me that Aiden spoke highly of me all the time. I felt welcomed in that family and wanted. It was wonderful and I loved it.

For Sunday brunch, he came over to my house to meet my family officially, instead of when he briefly saw my father when he picked me up for our date. He met my dad, my brother Liam, and my dad's girlfriend, Rebecca. Our meal was peaceful and after, Aiden stayed awhile to chat with everyone. An hour after or so, we had gone up to my room together.

He brushed his hand over my cheek, pushing back stray blonde hairs that had fallen from my messily put my bun. Leaning forward, he kissed me - which yes, he'd finally ton plenty of times - and smiled. His lips parted as he pulled away and then he pursed them together.

"What?" I asked softly, furrowing my eyebrows together. I was worried and I knew he knew that.

A laugh fell from his pink lips. His hand reached up to run though his brown hair and his brown eyes stared into my blue ones. "It's nothing bad, Allie," he whispered softly, calling me the name he had heard my family call me. It was one I didn't let just anyone call me. "Can I call you my girlfriend?"

"Is that your way of asking me?" He nodded with a cheeky smile on his lips. "Then yes. I will be your girlfriend and yes, you can call me your girlfriend."

He laughed again and leaned forward to kiss me. I pushed back on his chest and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. I held my finger up and he stayed confused. Not even a second later, my brother poked his head in the door. He smiled at us and looked at the space I put between Aiden and I.

"Dad and Rebecca are going to the store and I'm going to pick up Lucy," Liam said. I nodded and he stepped back. "Don't have too much fun. I don't want to be an uncle any time soon, Allie."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but laugh at his words. Aiden laughed as well, but lightly. He smiled at me and let his hand lace through mine. It was something simple and cute, something good between us. It was one of the few things that stayed good between us.

On my bed, I lied back and he followed suit, but he lied on his side. When I glanced at him, he leaned down to kiss me again. It was a sweet one, full of passion. I always thought I'd been too young for passion, but Aiden proved me wrong with that.

He managed to hover over me for a second, bringing his hands to my hips, my thighs, my arms, my stomach, and everywhere else he could touch. My body felt more alive than it ever had before. Part of me was screaming for him to touch me here and touch me there. The other half just wanted him to stop before I couldn't.

Somehow, I mustered up the strength to push on his shoulders. It happened somewhere between our shirts coming off and his hand moving around on the button of my shorts. He pulled back with pinkened cheeks and heaving breathing. Instantly, he had understood why I stopped him. He nodded and leaned down to kiss me a final time, before moving to just lay next to me. When I had gone to put my shirt back on, he grabbed my hand and stopped me with soft eyes, telling me to leave it for a few minutes.

"Aiden-"

He shook his head, silencing me. "Just keep it off, no ones home, Alex," he murmured.

I nodded, giving into his soft voice as I always had. That had scared me. It scared me that one single person had that effect on me. I didn't ever want to be someone that felt so deeply for a person and then ended up getting hurt. Of course his promises to me, that he had made over and over again, were kept. He loved me with all he had and he promised he'd never leave me. He didn't.

Our first few months were the ones that made us fall so, so in love. We fought all the time and we made up after finally, one of us would give in. Our way of making up was usually a full out fight while one tried to apologize, and then we'd end up having make up sex that seemed to get better each and every time. We were that couple that everyone loved and everyone was jealous of, despite the huge fights we'd get into.

"He loves you," Madeline had said to me as we walked out of our first period class. "He loves you more than I've ever seen anyone love someone. He loves you so much and he'd do absolutely anything for you."

Once she said that, before I could even reply, the devil himself had grabbed my waist and pulled me into him, instantly attaching our lips. Madeline muttered a goodbye and I heard her laugh as she walked away. I pushed on Aiden's chest, laughing as I told him that it was rude to interrupt. He ignored me and kissed me again.

"You're still coming to my game, right?" he asked me, talking about the baseball game he was playing in, as he always way. I nodded. "Good," he replied. "Lemme walk you to History."

His hand had slipped through mine and I smiled. He walked me to my class and at the door, he leaned down to press his lips to mine. "Thank you," I murmured to him softly.

Grinning, he kissed me again, pulling my waist towards his. "I love you, baby," he replied, just as softly. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too."

And I did love him. I loved him more than anything and anyone. Liam had told me several times to slow down with Aiden and my father and Rebecca did the same thing. We were too close and too in love for it to work, we'd been told. But we proved them wrong. We proved everyone wrong by managing to get through everything that was thrown at us. Through the bumps and hard balls, we managed to get through strong and more in love each time.

At the game that night, we ended up winning - of course. Our baseball team had been the best in the district. Usually, we were supposed to make an appearance at whichever home of whoever was throwing the party that night. Instead, Aiden had agreed to going home with him and watching movies.

"You're so whipped, man," Ben told him as we stood outside of Aiden's car in the parking lot near the baseball field.

My boyfriend had just laughed and kissed me before opening my door. "Nah bro, I just love her a lot."

Even though I knew he wanted to be at the party, he stayed with me and watched Walk The Line - which he knew was my favorite movie. He carried me to my bed when I fell asleep on his shoulder, and he didn't complain once. I had told him several times that we could go if he wanted to, but he shook his head, telling me that as long as he was with me, it didn't matter what we did. Nothing else mattered but me, he said. And I felt the same. As long as I was with Aiden, I didn't care. I loved him and I just wanted to be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Vintage Arsenic and Famous Friend. for commenting.

I plan on updating this frequently, by the way.