Status: Active;;

Last First Kiss Goodbye

Chapter 10

I haven’t really talked to any of the guys or Ari. I’ve been keeping to myself and my mom has called to ask when I was coming to dinner. I told her I would never miss her dinners on Friday nights. Then she asked me if James was coming and I told her no. She went on about how James was a nice guy and everything and I kind of just tuned her out. As soon as I got off the phone, my phone rang again. I just figured it was my mom again.
“Yes mom.” I answered.
“Is that how you always answer your phone, Taylor?” Danny asked.
“Shit, no. Sorry. I didn’t see who it was and I just got off the phone with her. I just figured she forgot to tell me something.” I said.
“It’s all good. How are you, love?” He asked. I rolled my eyes.
“I’m fine. Why ask?” I asked.
“Taylor, I know something is wrong. We all do. You haven’t talked to any of us since that night.” He said.
“It’s been like two days.” I said.
“No, it’s been a week.” He said. I looked around.
“I’m sorry, Danny.” I said.
“It’s not a problem. We’ve all been worried, even James. I know you don’t want to hear his name but it’s true. Could you at least call him? Please, Taylor.” Danny said.
“I will tomorrow. I have to go see my mom for dinner.” I said.
“Promise me, Taylor.” He said.
“What are you doing? How is everybody?” I asked.
“I’m sitting bored off my ass because no one wants to hang out. They’re all good just worried.” He said.
“So you don’t have plans tonight?” I asked.
“No, just going to rest up for tomorrow.” He said.
“What’s tomorrow?” I asked.
“Did you forget it’s our gig? Do you remember that a person from Sumerian Records is going be there scoping?” Danny asked.
“Holy fuck, I completely forgot. I’m so sorry.” I said.
“It’s okay. You’ll be there, won’t you?” He asked.
“Well yes, I will be. So you’re not busy at all. Would you like to go with me tonight?” I asked.
“Where would that be? To your mum’s.” Danny asked.
“Yeah, because if I go by myself then I’ll never leave but if I have someone then I can leave sooner.” I said.
“Sure, I suppose I could. James always talks about how good your mum’s cooking is.” Danny said. I smiled.
“Good, I’ll come get you in an hour or so.” I said.
“Alright, I’ll be waiting.” He said. I hung up and started to get ready. Twenty minutes later and I was ready to go. I walked around my apartment for about ten more minutes. I was ready and my mom had called to make sure I was still coming over. I said yes and I had a friend coming over and she went on about is it James? I love that boy. He’s such a nice young man. I rolled my eyes. I was getting ready to leave when there was a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it.
“Go away.” I said trying to slam the door in his face.
“Taylor, why are you being like this?” James asked.
“Why? Why am I being like what? You don’t give a shit about me, James. You didn’t even let me explain that night. You took her side and I now know who you rather be with. So just fucking leave.” I said walking into my kitchen. Hoping that he would leave but bad luck really got me because he followed me into the kitchen.
“What was I suppose to do, Taylor. She’s my girlfriend.” He said. I clenched then unclenched my fist a couple of times.
“So I guess being your best friends doesn’t mean shit to you. Aren’t you suppose to pick your friends before your hoe? Am I not mistaken?” I asked turning to look at him.
“Tisha isn’t a hoe. She’s never been one. She’s the love of my life, Taylor. I just think Danny’s fucked you too hard for you realize how to love.” He said.
“Fuck off but don’t come to me when that fucking slut cheats on you with some fucker.” I said turning away from him.
“Tisha was right. You’re a bitch and a whore. You’ll fuck anybody.” James spat. I spun around, tears falling from my eyes.
“Fuck you, James. Fuck you.” I said reaching up to slap him but he caught me by the wrist.
“Don’t fucking think about it.” He said.
“You going to hit me back. You fucking prick. Fucking hit me. I fucking dare you.” I shouted. He held my wrist tight and it was starting to hurt and I’m sure it’ll be bruising sooner. Great, how would I explain this to my mom.
“Let go of me, James.” I said trying to yank my hand away but he held onto it. We were having a staring contest as he was still holding me by the wrist.
“Fuck off.” I said still trying to get free from his grip.
“Why are you like this?” He asked.
“I don’t want to be around you anymore.” I said.
“Why? What did I do wrong?” James asked.
“Are you fucking kidding me? You believed your slut of a girlfriend over someone who was suppose to be your best friend. You didn’t even let me explain or even try to. You just fucking took her side and fuck what Taylor had to say because whatever comes out of that slut is true. I always gave your girlfriends a chance but they didn’t like the idea of us being close and they always tried this shit. I can’t do this shit anymore. I’m not going to fight to be your best friend anymore. I’m done. I can’t do it.” I said.
“What? So you’re throwing what six years of friendship down the drain over a girl?” He asked.
“No, I’m not. You picked her. You believe her all the time. I’m just done trying.” I said.
“You can’t just give up like that, Taylor. What the hell am I going to do? I need you in my life.” He said.
“I guess, Tisha will be good for you now, James. You don’t need me. I’ve just always been there.” I said. He shook his head.
“No, No, NO. I can’t live without you. This past week has been fucking hell for me. I can’t do this. I need you in my life.” He said letting go of my wrist. I shook my head before heading out of the kitchen when he grabbed my wrist, spinning me around, his lips met mine, and he pushed me against the wall. I pushed him away when I realize what was going on.
“No. I’m not doing this. Fuck off, James.” I said.
“Fine, you want me gone. I’m gone. But don’t think that I don’t love you because I have and will always love you, Taylor.” James said.
“You’re a fucking liar. You just said that Tisha was the love of your life. So don’t fucking lie to me.” I shouted as he walked out. I moved down the wall, pulling my knees close to me and started crying. My phone rang. I looked at it and it was Danny. I looked over at the time.
“Hello.” I said trying to cover up that I was crying.
“Where are you? Are you okay?” He asked.
“I’m still at home. I’m not going to my mom’s tonight.” I said.
“I think I know why.” Danny said. I looked up at the door way and saw him standing there. I dropped my phone in my lap and hugged my knees. I couldn’t look at him. He helped me up, walking me to my room.
“I have to call my mom.” I said.
“I’ll do it for you. You just need sleep, love.” He said climbing onto my bed with me and I cuddled up to him.
“I’m sorry, Danny.” I said.
“For what?” He asked.
“You’ve been helping me and taking care of me because of James. I’m sorry because I’m like taking your life away from you. You should be out having fun.” I said.
“It’s alright, love. I have a weakness for seeing a girl emotional. That’s why I apologies to Ari the other day for making her so upset and made her cry. I deserve the shit she did to me and for what Cameron did to me. I’m the world’s biggest douche bag.” He said.
“What did you do?” I asked.
“I’ll tell you the story later. You just get some rest and I’ll call your mum, okay.” He said kissing the top of my head. I nodded before closing my eyes and listened to Danny hum.
♠ ♠ ♠
I took long enough and I'm sorry but hey, it's a bit long isn't it.
Word count would be 1, 482. I hope that makes up for taking long to update.
I hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you for the people who read this and leave love.
Please let us know how you like this story, don't be a silent reader anymore.
<3