Sequel: Wrists Intact

Hearts Intact

I Thought I Loved You

“Hey Izzye, wake up, come on Izzye.” Patrick was saying, shaking me gently. I must have fallen asleep. Fun, sleeping in a jail cell like thing. Just what I’ve always wanted to do. Along with climbing Mt. Everest, my dream!
“What’s happening?” I asked, yawning. Patrick cleared his throat loudly and glanced towards the cell door. The redhead and one of the guy vampires, a blonde, were standing there.
“Oh.” I said. Patrick nodded and put his arms around me protectively. The redhead laughed at us.
“Don’t worry; we won’t be taking her from this room. We just want to see something.” She said. I did not like the way she was looking at me though.
“Don’t you dare hurt her!” Patrick said, not letting go of me. The redhead smiled and turned to the blonde and nodded.
“We wouldn’t dream of it!” She said. The blonde smiled cruelly and stepped towards Patrick and I. Patrick’s arms tightened around me.
The blonde stared at me for a second and then closed his eyes. He seemed to be concentrating really hard. Finally, after nearly five whole minutes, he opened his eyes and turned back to the redhead.
“It won’t work!” He said, clearly angry. The redhead looked intrigued.
“Try it on him.” She said, nodding towards Patrick. The blonde nodded and turned back to us. He stared at Patrick for only a second. Immediately Patrick cried out in pain and grabbed his head.
“Patrick, what’s going on, are you okay?” I cried, throwing my arms around him as if that could somehow make the pain go away.
“That’s enough.” The redhead said. The blonde looked away and Patrick leaned against the wall, breathing heavily.
“What did you do to him?” I cried angrily. Both the blonde and the redhead glared at me.
“Don’t worry about it!” The blonde snapped. And then they both left. I turned to Patrick, who was still breathing heavily.
“Are you okay?” I asked worriedly. Very slowly he nodded. I didn’t know what to do so I just hugged him. He seemed surprised for a second and then he hugged me back.
“Thanks Izzye.” He said finally when we both pulled away. I just nodded and sighed, leaning back against the wall.
“Do you think that they’ll be able to find us?” I asked. Patrick knew who I was talking about.
“I hope so.” He said.

*******

Ryan’s POV

We’d been searching for Izzye and Patrick ever since that night. We haven’t found any trace of them though, or any other vampires. They were good at hiding their tracks.
Only Pete, Brendon, Spencer and I really went out, it was too dangerous for the others. We usually split up into pairs, it would take longer to find them, but it would be safer.
Right now I was with Spencer and we were searching a whole bunch of abandoned buildings. We figured that the vampires would be hiding out in one of them.
“Hey Ryan, can we talk?” Spencer asked. I nodded.
“Of course we can, what else would we do?” I asked, trying to make a joke. It was lame, I know. To my relief, Spencer ignored it.
“How do you feel about Izzye?” His question caught me totally off guard. And then I remembered, he could see relationships between people.
“She’s, nice.” I said slowly. Spencer was looking at me suspiciously.
“Just nice?” He asked. I nodded slowly and he sighed loudly.
“Okay fine, I’ll stop beating around the bush. Are you guys dating?” He asked. I chose my words carefully.
“No, we’re not!” I said. This was getting awkward. Spence looked like he didn’t believe me.
“Well what happened between you guys then? Before we came to Chicago?” He asked. I sighed loudly but I decided to tell the truth.
“Fine, it was the day you guys got back to Las Vegas. We kissed, that was it.” I said. Spencer grinned at me.
“Are you sure that’s all, your bond with her is pretty strong!” He said. I glared at him.
“Kissing, that was it.” I said. Spencer’s grin widened.
“Ah, now you kissed more than once. Before you just said you kissed, meaning once!” He said. I cursed softly.
“No more talking!” I said. Spencer shook his head.
“No way dude, we are totally talking about this! So do you like her?” He asked. He was like a little kid, dying for information.
“Yes I like her; I think I love her, to be honest.” I said. I was so worried about her, and Patrick.
“Well I think she loves you back buddy!” Spencer said. If I could’ve I would’ve blushed.
“Yeah, she told me she does.” I said, looking away from him. Spencer looked amazed.
“You mean she actually said that? That kid doesn’t even like physical contact! I never expected her to say something like that!” He said.
“Well she did.” I said, staring at the wall. We were in an old abandoned jail. Spencer started to say something but then he stopped, his eyes widening.
“What is it?” I asked; looking around, ready to fight.
“She’s here, and so is Patrick!” He said. “I can see their threads!”
I had no clue what he was talking about with the threads, all I knew was that we’d found them, we’d found Izzye and Patrick!

*******

Patrick and I stayed in the cell, not speaking. There wasn’t anything to say, all we could do was hope that someone would find us.
Suddenly, from outside our cell, there was snarling. It sounded like there was a huge fight going on. Patrick hugged me. I knew that he was afraid that this was it for us. I was afraid it was.
Then, suddenly the snarling stopped and the door swung open and…
“Izzye, Patrick!” It was Ryan. Both Patrick and I were staring at him in amazement. We couldn’t believe it, they had found us!
“Ryan!” I cried, jumping to my feet. In a second he hugged me, swinging me around. Then he kissed me, in front of Patrick, and Pete, Brendon and Spencer, who had just walked in.
“Well then, we’ll talk about this later; let’s get out of here first!” Brendon said as Pete and Patrick hugged. Ryan nodded and in one swift movement, he swung me onto his back.
“Hold on tight, we need to get out of here, fast!” He said. I nodded and looked over at Patrick, who was on Pete’s back. He looked as scared as I felt.
“Now, you may want to close your eyes.” Ryan said. I did as he said.
What happened next was extremely terrifying. Ryan started running. Here’s something you should know about vampires. They are insanely fast. They can go faster than any horse. It is the scariest thing in the world! We had seriously only been running for ten minutes when he stopped.
“We’re here!” He said. I jumped off his back and nearly fell. My legs were shaking so much.
“Don’t ever do that again!” I said weakly. Ryan laughed and kissed me again. And then the door opened and out walked Skylar, Jimmy and Devin.