Special.

006.

I sigh as I stare at the ceiling, the Halbtot book laid against my chest. I wanted to read it but I was afraid of what I was going to discover about myself.

I look to my side and look at Vanessa's empty bed wondering if she was going to come back tonight.

I sigh once more and pick up the book, I open it slowly not wanting it to fall apart.

“Beware of the Halbtots” I murmur to myself as I read the first page.

Halbtot: half dead/half alive. If you come across it, kill it.

“Well I'm glad nobody has killed me yet,” I mumble to myself just as there's a knock on the door.

I sit up and stare at the door. From what I could recall Vanessa had taken her key with her.

“Who is it?” I call out

Nobody answers, there's just more knocking.

“Vanessa?” I ask walking to the door.

“Yes open up,”

I open the door, “did you lose your key?” I ask but there's nobody outside the door.

“Hello?” I whisper looking around and then I feel something around my head making it hard to see.

“I told you she was going to fall for it.” I can hear somebody say.

“Let me go,” I say just as I feel something wet against my face making everything seem hasty and far away. I could feel my legs giving out and before I kno-

I can feel the heat of the sun on my face, too hot for my own comfort. I open my eyes slowly trying to hide my face from the sunlight but it's everywhere. I blink a couple of times and look around me-

“NO!” I scream as I notice the blood on my hands.

I look around and scream as I notice all the dead animals around me. I get up quickly and try to wipe away the blood but it's no use, I was already covered in it.

I look around me unable to stop the tears from escaping.

Was this my doing?

Had I killed all these animals?


I run barefooted trying to figure out where I was, I had to be close to the school, but all I could see was a field stretching out for miles.

I fall on my knees and sob with my face on the ground.

I breathe in deeply as I try to make the sobs stop, I had to compose myself and figure out what to do next.

I breathe out slowly and swallow my sob.

I wipe my eyes not caring about the blood on my hands.

“You are strong, you can do this.” I whisper to myself and stand up.

“If anybody sees you just tell them the truth, you don't remember anything.”

I walk slowly trying to find some sort of landmark, anything that would help get oriented, but there was nothing but green.

After what seemed like an eternity I spot something in the distance, I begin to run towards it and I feel relieved when I notice it's Seagate. I slow down once I get closer then I stop once I catch my reflection.

My hair was in knots, blood stained my pajamas and skin, it was as if somebody had thrown a bucket of blood at me.

I could feel my heart beat increasing, I was scared to go in. I knew that as soon as I walked in they would smell the blood in me and I was afraid of what they would do.

It was a Saturday which meant there was no classes, so I decide to walk towards the classroom entrance, that way I could use one of the restrooms and try my best to clean myself up, I just hope the doors weren't locked.

I take in a deep breath and exhale happily when the door opens. I walk in slowly looking around to make sure there was nobody around. Once I realize the building is empty I run to the nearest bathroom. I turn on the sink and begin to wash the blood away which wasn't as easy as I had imagine. I look in the mirror frowning, although I had managed to get rid of the blood on my skin my pajamas were a different story.

I walk out of the bathroom and head towards the gym lockers, to my surprise the doors were open, I guess today had been my lucky day.

I walk to my locker and take out my gym clothes and change into them, I put my pajamas in the trash and walk out feeling determined to give pay back to whoever did this to me.

I walk towards the tunnel but it was locked, made sense since all but two students were vampires so they couldn't walk out in the sun. I exit the way I came in and walk in to the living area of Seagate and just as I had predicted people were standing around, whoever had planned this had made sure to get as many eyes as they could. But I guess they weren't planning on me outwitting them.

“Was it a beautiful night for a hunt?” I hear someone ask in the crowd.

“Beautiful day for a run,” I say with a small smile, I had to pretend like there was nothing wrong.

“We can smell the animal blood on you,”

“She's a savage, she doesn't belong here.”

“She said she went for a run, leave her alone.” I look at the person who spoke, it was one of Zack's friends, Rian.

“Rian, she's a savage, a monster-”

“And what are we Chrissy? Aren't we worse than that? At least she has some humanity in her.”

“Are you saying you're on her side?”

“Yes,” this time it was Zack who spoke.

Chrissy, the blonde from the lunchroom glares at them and then looks at me with a smile causing my stomach to turn.

She looks at some of the people on the crowd and it's as if she was able to talk to them without saying a single word.

“This is on you Halbtot.” She grins and walks away.

Then without any warning the crowd begins to walk towards me trying to push me outside the building, but then I realized it wasn't me they were trying to push out, it was Rian and Zack.

“No! NO!” I scream trying to push back but there were just too many

I can feel Zack trying to push as well and he manages to get lost in the crowd but Rian was still trying to get free.

“Don't do this!” I shout but it was too late I could feel the door against my back.

The door opens and I fall out and I can hear Rian scream as he falls on top of me. I could smell his skin burning.

“No, no, no, no.” I grab him and drag him back inside.

“No Rian, No!” Zack screams

This was my fault. They shouldn't have stood up for me.

I knew what I had to do but that only meant making the target on me bigger.

I let my fangs out and bite into my wrist and press it against Rian's lips, his fangs pierce my skin as he begins to drink my blood.

“What are you doing!?” Zack shrieks

“Saving him!”

I pull my arm away and stand up feeling the whole room shake under my feet, but I manage not to fall down. I look around me and notice a new crowd forming, my blood had probably attracted them, I decide the take the safe route and walk outside and walk as far as I can before collapsing to the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.
I went on a small roadtrip/vacation and didn't bring my laptop.
Thanks for reading!