Status: Left for Dead

Painting Flowers

Go You're Own Way

“Sure…” Avery gave me the same exact tone and look that she always does when talking to me about my almost non-existent love life. “You guys would be perfect together!”
“No, no, no” I insisted, giving her the over used cliché of, ‘talk to the hand’. I pulled myself up onto Rian’s kitchen counter, sitting on top of it.
Once and a while I get pulled along to these so called ‘band rehearsals’ that him and the rest of his band, All Time Low, have from 3:30 to 5. Every day. Thankfully my best friend Avery only pulls me along every so often, as she wishes not to be the only girl there since her boyfriend/ idiot Jack Barakat insists she comes for inspiration or some shit. I’ve known this kid from middle school and I still don’t know how his brain functions.
So here I am! And once again I’m caught in the middle of Avery trying to convince me into dating Jack’s best friend, Alex Gaskarth, whom I barely even get along the slightest with.
“Oh, I could see it now!” she raved, clapping her hands together.
“You aren’t seeing anything.” I cringed, just thinking about that disaster.
She continued, talking over each one of my protest, “Me and Jack, you and Gaskarth, going on double dates! Playing mini-golf, getting kicked out, and then going for ice cream.”
“I’m about to walk away,” I plopped off the granite counter-top.
“You and Gaskarth, sipping a milkshake together!” Avery just pushed the wrong button.
I whirled around and pointed an accusing finger at her, “NEVER IN MY LIFE WOULD I SHARE A MILKSHAKE WITH SOMEONE!”
She went over to Rian’s fridge and peered inside. “If it was Gaskarth you would.”
“Especially Alex.”
“Just keep on telling yourself,” she murmured as she closed the fridge, obviously not interested in any of its contents. She turned around and I followed her down into the basement.
“We’ve got these, big city dreams” Rian sang into the mic, it was an octave he should never be able reached.
“Alex, were kicking you out of the band, Rian’s our new lead singer now. Leave,” Jack, said from lying on the couch, nudging Alex, who was at the other end, with his foot.
“Hmm, well I’m guessing since I would probably still be here because you can’t take two steps without me holding your fucking hand, I would be here no matter what so… yeah I think I’m going to stay.” Alex remarked cockily as he stared down at his phone. That was another thing that made it impossible for me to date Alex; he had a girlfriend.
Jack just ignored him and was soon amused with Avery who sat on his stomach. I walked over and sat down on the floor, next to where Zack was standing. “Hey Ave, could you get me a soda?” Jack asked sweetly as he played with the hem of her shirt and shot her his big brown puppy dog eyes that Avery couldn’t resist to save her own damn life.
She sighed in aggravation, but reluctantly got up and started walking towards the stairs. “Get me one too!”, “Oh, I want one!” Both Rian and Zack shouted to her.
Avery flashed them the death glare and said, “No, get it yourself.” They shockingly got up off their asses and went upstairs.
There was only three left now. Two perverts and me. Wait never mind, make that three perverts since I’m down here and all. Alex turned his back to me and gave a look to Jack; it was probably a, ‘let’s-fuck-with-Genna’ look. But Jack instead frantically got up and yelled, “Avery! I need to pick out my straw!”
Seeing as he was gone, I got up and stole his seat on the couch. Alex just stared at me. “What?” I implied, glaring at him.
“Nothing.” He replied back with the same tone. I couldn’t tell if he was mocking me or just feels like being a dick.
“So I heard you’re girlfriend stopped standing on the corner. You must be so proud of her!” I gave him a fake smile; my words were saturated in honey.
Before he answered he got this twisted smile on his face, “Hmm, yeah I know. Maybe that will happen someday for you too Genna, but not if you’re going to keep looking like that.” I laughed at his burn, shaking my head. It’s so funny how he thinks those things get to me.
“Okay… okay…” I said calming down, trying to force the smile off my face, “I’m gonna go now. You guys have fun okay?” I got up and picked up my back pack that was leaning against the wall next to the cellar door. I twisted the worn handle and opened the door. “Have fun getting herpes Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Comment subscribe and do all that good stuff! Hope you liked it! and don't worry, theres much more coming!