‹ Prequel: Weightless
Status: it's hereeeee.(:

Break Your Little Heart

018

It was the voices that pulled Chloe back to consciousness. She found that she was now laid out on a black leather couch in an unfamiliar room, Oli’s jacket carefully tucked around her. Her eyes darted around, but there was no one else with her. The same low murmurs that had woken her sounded from outside of the closed door again and Chloe cautiously tip-toed her way over. The closer she inched the more discernible the conversation became and Chloe immediately found herself wishing she was still blissfully unconscious.

“What the hell were you thinking, Jack?!” Zack whisper-yelled at the guilty looking guitarist.

“Well you said she was gonna be here and I guess I just thought he would want to see her maybe…” Jack trailed off, awkwardly shifting his weight from side to side.

“Why on Earth would you think that?! And more importantly, why would you think she would want to see him?!?! It’s a big enough deal that you two are here. There was a reason I didn’t tell her before we came and there was a reason I didn’t tell Alex!” Zack’s face was a deep red by this point and Rian stepped forward to place a hand on the fuming bassist’s shoulder.

“Zack, calm down. Look, what Jack did was wrong, but Alex was going to find out she was here eventually and probably see her at some point as well. At least this way the initial meeting is over with and next time won’t be as bad.”

“No, that was not the deal. I told you two because I know you miss her and I want her to realize she misses you too but Alex was never part of the deal!”

“He deserved to see her!” Jack finally exploded. “He’s spent the last five years pining over her, trying to convince himself he’s fine when really she’s the only thing he can ever think about. He deserved to know she was here, he deserves to know about her!”

By this point in time, Chloe had heard enough. It was bad enough Jack and Rian knew she was here, even worse that they had seen her. And the fact that Alex had seen her too…well that was a thought Chloe couldn’t even begin to process. Not to mention the carefully crafted wall separating her two lives had crumbled to dust the moment Holiday and Zack had seen each other. But now, now that Chloe had heard her cousin, the person she trusted the most in the world, admit to the fact that he had caused all of this, she was done. She was just fucking done.

There was only one door in and out of the room, but Chloe was so angry she didn’t even care that she would have to pass all three boys to make her escape. The door flew open with surprising speed, bouncing off the wall with a loud bang. The noise startled the boys enough that Chloe was able to run past without any interference.

“Chloe!” Zack cried.

But his cousin had disappeared in a flash of white blonde hair. Jack moved to go after her but Zack held out his hand to stop him.

“It’s not worth it, Jack. You’ll never catch her.”

With a heavy sigh, Zack released his hold on Jack’s arm and buried his head in his hands. He had fucked up and he had fucked up big.

A mile away from the building where Chloe’s life had collapsed around her, she finally slowed to a walk. Anger coursed through her veins. Anger at her cousin, anger at Jack and Rian, anger at Alex. But most of all, anger at Oli for sending her here in the first place. Hands shaking and mouth set in an angry line she unlocked her phone and dialed the familiar number. He didn’t answer which just fueled her rage even more.

“Yeh’ve reached Oleh Sykes. Leave a message and I’ll call yeh back if I want ta.”

“I’m done, Oli, I am so fucking done!" She seethed. "You sent me to this fucking place and now everything has fallen apart and that’s your fucking fault! SO FUCK YOU OLIVER SCOTT SYKES! I’M FUCKING DONE DO YOU HEAR ME?! I’M DONE WITH YOU AND YOUR FUCKING GAMES AND YOUR SHITTY ASS CLOTHING LINE AND YOUR GOD DAMN METALCORE DEATHCORE BULLSHIT BAND AND YOU, YOU MOTHERFUCKING DOUCHEBAG ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT!”

Chloe paused. Her breathing was ragged, her emotions wreaking havoc on her system. And then for the second time that day she fell to the ground. A loud sob ripped from her lips and then the floodgates burst and she began to cry hysterically. The phone was still held to her ear and Chloe could do nothing but continue taking everything out on the one person in the world that normally made everything better.

“I FUCKING HATE YOU!” She screeched, eyes shut against the pressure building inside of her brain. “I HATE YOU SO GOD DAMN MUCH! I WISH YOUR BROTHER HAD NEVER CONVINCED ME TO GO OUT WITH YOU, I WISH I’D NEVER MOVED TO FUCKING ENGLAND FOR YOU, I WISH I’D NEVER FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU!” Chloe took a ragged breath, tears still slipping down her cheeks. “I wish I’d never fallen in love with you, Oli, God damn it. You ruined everything you prick!”

Chloe quickly hung up the phone before she could do anymore damage. She allowed herself one more moment on the ground before wiping her eyes and standing again. She glanced back the direction she had come, but the road was empty. Chloe thanked her lucky stars her cousin hadn’t come after her. That meant Zack knew just how badly he had fucked up. Instead of calling her aunt or uncle, Chloe wrapped her scarf tighter around her face and continued walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chloe is just a mess, my goodness.

Okay, I totally suck. I'm so sorry you guys. I've literally been working like 40 hours a week and I have no time to write anymore which is why this chapter is so late and such shit. I'm gonna try and keep writing tonight and possibly get another update posted but no promises.

Thank you to all of my perfect commenters!:
utopian-mess
newyork_xo
(your John story makes me happy(:)
allt1m3l0w
sexinstere0
useyourtelescope
arya stark
ZombieToast
indibear
FellSoHard
TayVengeance
(I can't even tell you how perfect your description of Alex and Chloe's love story is and it makes me so happy you saw that(:)
suchalovelysilence and
crushcrushfaint
All of your responses were just so great and warmed my heart. I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of a let down after how intense the last one was. I can promise you the drama is going to blow up in a very big way within the next few chapters. I love you all to the stars and beyond.<3