‹ Prequel: Forbidden Love
Status: working progress xoxo

The Only Hope For Me Is You...

Can I Have This Dance

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri plays as Frank and Gerard go up for their first dance. Frank puts his arms around Gerards neck and Gerard puts his hands on Franks waist. They smile lovingly at each other and kiss every now and then. Mikey has a camera and is videoing them. All of the guests have gathered round to watch the happy couple.
I'm standing in the corner of the room watching them. They sway to the music.
"Hey." River whispers. I turn my head to face him and smile.
"Hey." I reply.
"You look....stunning." He says. I blush and look away from him.
"You look great too." I say. He is wearing a black suit with a black tie. His hair is straightened and sits neatly above his shoulders. His eyes neatly lined with a thin line of eyeliner. He laughs. I look back over to Gerard and Frank.
"You okay?" He asks. I look at him.
"Yeah. Didn't get much sleep last night...again." I reply.
"Aww. Come here." He says holding out his arms. I move closer and hug him. The song finishes and everyone cheers. I pull away so I can clap too. "Come on!" He says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the dance floor.
"What!" I say. Iris by the Go Go Dolls begins to play. "I love this song!" I say.
"Good thing we're gonna dance to it then." He says smiling. He takes me to the centre of the dance floor. He puts his hand on my waist.
"I can't dance!" I say.
"Just follow me." He says placing my hand on his shoulder and linking our fingers together.
"I swear you will pay for this." I say. Only half joking.
"Aww well I'll suffer the consequences." He smiles. I roll my eyes and begin to move to the music.
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be..." Sings the main singer. After another verse the chorus kicks in. "And I don't want the world to see me. Cause I don't think that they'd understand." River spins me around. "When everything's made to be broken. I just want you to know who I am." I laugh and realise I'm actually enjoying myself. Other people dance around us. We step and sway to the music. A waltz. My dress floats around me as I move. I didn't even know River could dance. I look around and see Mikey with the camera. Pointing at us.
"Mikey is filming us." I say lowering my head.
"So." River says. The last chorus has just begun. He lifts my face and presses his lips to mine. We stand still. I put my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my waist. Everything around us is forgotten. His tongue slips into my mouth and pleasant shivers go up my spine.
The song ends and we pull apart. Our foreheads stay pressed together. We are both trying to catch our breath. The whole room explodes in applause and I look up in a daze to see that we are the only ones on the dancefloor. And they are applauding us.

River POV!!!

I feel Melody go tense and she lowers her head. I take her hand and lead her out of the crowd of people. The warm summer breeze surrounds us as we step outside. I stop and look at Melody. She is still tense and her eyes are glazed over. The voices are talking to her again. Her eyes always go distant when they are.
"Mel honey. Ignore them." I say placing a hand on her face. She blinks a few times and comes back to reality. She tries to hide a yawn but fails.
"I am actually sick of yawning. Why won't it stop." She says. "I want it to stop." I can hear the desperation in her voice. I pull her in for a hug. Her body relaxes as I hold her. She buries her face in my neck. I can feel her warm breath on my skin.

"Are you okay Mel?" I turn to see Gerard walking our of the building. His red hair blowing in the wind.
"Yeah. I just got a little freaked out back there." Melody says letting go of me.
"I noticed." He says taking a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it.

Melody POV!!!

I watch Gerard as he takes a drag from his cigarette.
'Have to say you have some pretty impressive dance moves.' The voice says.
'Shut up.' I reply
'Did mum teach you those?' He says.
'I said shut the fuck up. I've about had enough of you. Thanks to you I've had no sleep in about three months so piss off.' I say getting angry.
'Ha. I thought you would have realised by now but it looks like I'm going to have to spell it out to you.' He says a hint of laughter in his voice.
'Melody. I'm coming to get you. Once you turn 16 I'm coming to take you.' He says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Can I Have This Dance - High School Musical
Yep I is sad.
Shits going down

RedNight! Xoxo